Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > It was you I was thinking of.

"Jealous".

by favoritexloser 2 reviews

Mikey seems stoked for the Christmas dance. Cassie isn't.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Mikey Way - Published: 2007-12-30 - Updated: 2007-12-30 - 900 words

0Unrated
The walk home after school was just awful. Mikey was with me. And guess who he talked about during that whole 5 blocks? As you guessed, Janet Ophelia Cragen. The girl with the strawberry blond hair. The girl with the cute giggle. The girl that smells like roses. And the girl that looked like a complete idiot, in my point of view. He just kept on talking about her, and the Christmas dance.
"...and she looks cute in that green sweater she wore today..."
Was my life really supposed to end up like this? The minute I know I'm in love, I get screwed? That makes me even wonder more if I was ever going to get married. Was I going to die alone? What will happen to Mikey? Will he ever forget about me?
"...the way she tosses her hair, it's just too perfect..."
Is our friendship doomed? Mikey is my only best friend. He is the only person in this world that I can totally talk to. If he gets a girlfriend, he will have to spend more time with her. And I have no one to talk to. No one to tell my problems to. He's too busy falling in love with someone else.
"...if she sings, I can tell that she's one lucky star, her voice is so sweet..."
I mean, I don't want to be a selfish, whiny bitch. But Mikey is the only person in this whole universe that completely understands me. Except for one thing. And I bet you all already know what that is. Only if I didn't like him, then life will be just normal.
"...I think she has a brother, maybe you should ask him to the dance, then we could go together, and she could wear that--"
"Okay!! Okay!! I got it! Yeah, wear that really pretty dress with the pink frills and the purple laces and all that crap! Sure! Whatever!" I exclaimed.
"Cass, are you okay?" Mikey asked.
"Yeah, never been better. And I don't want to ask her stupid brother to the dance. Asking is the guy's job. Maybe that Jeff guy from Chemistry will ask me out. So, thank you very much!" I said making my way to front door leaving Mikey out in my front lawn.
"Cass, really what's your problem? Are you jealous?" Mikey asked following me up to my porch.
"/Jealous/? You think I'm /jealous/?" My cheeks were already burning red from the anger.
"Oh, I didn't mean it that way, come on." He said slapping my shoulder.
"I'm not jealous! Why would I be? It's just some stupid dance. And never, ever slap me again! I never liked that!" I went inside and slammed the door behind me.
"Cassie!" He said, opening my front door and coming in.
I ran up to my bedroom, not looking down at him, "Go away!"
"Cass, come on! What did I do?" He began knocking at my bedroom door, after I just slammed it shut.
"Go away, Mikey!" I yelled from inside my room.
"Just tell me what's wrong!" He called back. Suddenly, I heard footsteps coming from the stairs. It was the distinctive sound of my mother coming over.
"Michael, nice to have you over, but what seems to be the problem?" I heard her ask Mikey.
"Well, you see, Mrs.Costello, we were on our way home from school, just talking about the upcoming Christmas dance, when suddenly Cassie just burst out in a mad fit." He tried to sound so innocent. That made me sick.
"Cassandra! Come out here!" She commanded. I couldn't disobey my mother, so I unlocked my door, and stepped out, looking down at my feet. My mother, being the preschool teacher that she is, began to take charge like were one of her little 3-year-old snotburgers.
"Cassandra Judy Costello," My mother looked at me sternly. Mikey snorted, I wanted to punch him so bad, but I gave him a scowl instead, "You know, I never taught my children to behave like this."
"I know, mother." I said solemnly, looking away from Mikey.
"What do I want you to do? You know we've been through this many, many times. You don't want me to repeat myself, don't you?" She told me.
"No, mother," I sighed, then looked over at Mikey. "I'm sorry Michael." Mikey brought up a grin. God, I so badly wanted to hurt him. I just wanted to take his glasses break it into pieces.
"Good, that's the girl I brought up. Now, what on earth were you mad about?" She asked me.
"Oh, mom..It's nothing.." I said softly.
"Cassandra, I can tell that there is something wrong." She said.
"Hey, Cassie, if you don't have a date to the dance, I can just ask one of my friends to take you." Mikey added. I scowled at him.
"Is this what it's all about? You have no date? Why, Cassandra, I know plenty of young men that can take you. You are too pretty, what's wrong?" My mother said, fixing the hair in front of my face.
"That's okay, mom. I don't need to go. It's no big deal. Mikey, you can leave, now." I said going inside my room.
"Well, I guess that's done. Sorry for that, Mrs.Costello." Mikey said going down the stairs.
"No problem, Michael. I'll see you around, now." My mother bid.
Sign up to rate and review this story