Categories > Anime/Manga > Hellsing > Heat Wave

Heat Wave

by shdwanna 1 review

On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? I wrote this back in September of 2002, and it was my very first Hellsing fic.

Category: Hellsing - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Alucard, Integra - Published: 2005-05-10 - Updated: 2005-05-10 - 485 words

3Ambiance
"How DARE you?" she shrieked at full volume, and swung a gloved palm. He allowed it to connect with a ringing crack, and chuckled.

"Tell me to stop," he purred, stepping closer. "Do you want me to stop?"

She took a half-step back. "Of course I do. What are you doing?"

"Nothing. Testing. What am I doing, Miss Helsing, that it bothers you so?"

Standing too close sounded so inane she dismissed it out of hand. The concept of personal space belonged to bloody Americans. It wasn't like he hadn't stood this close to her before; it had never bothered her. And I never had a dream like - that - about him before. But I'm sure as hell not going to tell him /that/. "Don't you have something better to do? Training your puppy, perhaps?"

"You turned her over to Ferguson, remember? Couldn't trust me to do a proper job, I believe you said." He leaned heavily on the desk, and she fought back the urge to retreat further.

"Surely there are things you need to impart to her that Ferguson wouldn't know. Vampire things."

"Ah, of course. 'Vampire things.' How could I forget?" He laughed and she glanced toward the mirror to assure herself that her inner turmoil wasn't visible. "Mating rituals, perhaps."

Integra visibly flinched. "I really don't want to know."

"Don't you, then?" His mouth curved slowly upward. "Do you know what you smell like... Master?"

"Rather like soap, I'd imagine," she said tartly. "I have work to do, Alucard." She turned to face the desk.

In that moment, he was behind her, breath hot on her bare neck. "You should put your hair up more often. You have an exquisite...neck."

She almost jerked out the pens holding up her hair at that. He's just trying to get to you, Integra. It's the damned heat. Get a hold of yourself. "Neck compliments from the vampire. Should I be flattered?"

"Oh, yes. I'm something of a connoisseur, wouldn't you say?" That maniacal laughter, enough to make her teeth grate.

"Go. Away. Go find some FREAKS to kill, or something."

"And leave you alone? Wouldn't think of it." Smooth cloth stroked just below her hairline.

She started to lean into it, and then realized, "Don't touch me." She jerked away.

He smirked. "Methinks the lady doth protest too much."

"Methinks the vampire is asking to get shot in the head. Get lost."

"Are you sure?" he purred, slinking as close as she'd let him and then closer still.

"Positive."

"As you wish, then," and he evaporated almost beneath her very hand.

As soon as she was certain he was gone, she dropped heavily into her desk chair, gasping. "Dear Christ in Heaven," she groaned. "I - it's hot tonight. Perhaps a cold shower would not be amiss."
Sign up to rate and review this story