Categories > Anime/Manga > Hellsing > Heat Wave

Jealousy (Integra's Dream)

by shdwanna 0 reviews

“You have nothing to fear from the police girl,” he murmured. “I am yours, first, last, and in all ways.”

Category: Hellsing - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Alucard, Integra - Published: 2005-05-10 - Updated: 2005-05-10 - 507 words

2Moving
"I do believe you're jealous," Alucard purred, leaning against the desk.

"I am not!" she snapped, feeling childish as she did. {What is it about Alucard that reduces me to yes-you-are no-I'm-not?} "I'm concerned about her utility and how dangerous she might be. Can I trust you to bring her down, if there's a problem with her?" The impending headache seemed to be settling in for the night, right between her eyes.

"You are jealous," he smirked.

"Don't be ridiculous. Pick up new girlfriends in /Cheapside/, for all I care. I just want to know -"

"Integra's jealous, Integra's jealous," he singsonged, grinning like a fiend.

"And are you going to say 'nanny nanny boo-boo' next?" she asked with arched eyebrows. "You sound like you're six."

"You have no need to be jealous, my Master," and he was behind her, too close, burying his hands in her hair.

"If I thought you were lonely, I would have bought you a dog," but she couldn't manage to give it the sting it deserved, not while he was distracting her like that.

He was humming, off-key, braiding her hair. She knew from long experience that all pulling away would get her would be yanked hair. "Don't need a dog."

"Not any more, I suppose not."

"Sh," he soothed, rubbing at the base of her neck with more than mere human strength.

"Alucard," she groaned, trying to fight his attempts to calm her. Focus on the business at hand, Integra, not the fact that he's making your headache go away.

"You have nothing to fear from the police girl," he murmured. "I am yours, first, last, and in all ways."

{All... ways? What does he mean, 'in all ways?'} He shifted her so that she was in his lap, stilling her protests with kisses.

"You shouldn't," she began, but lost track of what it was he shouldn't be doing. "Alucard."

"My master." Her cross clinked against the desk as he pulled the tie off. "My Integra."

Integra jerked awake, muffling the reflexive shriek with her pillow. She lay panting in the hot summer dark, willing her heartbeat to slow.

"That's it, Integra," she said when she could talk. "No more brandy before bed. What an - unnerving - what a /dreadful/," she seized on the word, "dream."

She got out of bed and went to the open window without bothering with her glasses. The night, distant and unfocused, remained breathless. "If this heat doesn't break, I think I may go mad." With a sigh, she pulled the dead weight of her hair off her shoulders and twisted it up, holding it there. "A dream of Alucard sedu - kissing me is doubtless the first sign of it."

Integra stumbled back to the bed, avoiding the warm hollow where she'd been lying before, and fanned her hair out on the pillow, well away from any contact with skin. She stared up into the darkness until sleep stole her awareness.
Sign up to rate and review this story