Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > A dangerous demon slayer

Sickness...

by domi_01 1 review

rin becomes ill...

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Rin,Sesshoumaru - Published: 2008-01-05 - Updated: 2008-01-05 - 3735 words - Complete

1Original
She stood up,” Oi, Kagome-Chan!” yelled Rin,” We’re done, that’s the last of it!”

Rin jumped down from the roof landing quietly in front of Kagome. She had been helping Kagome fix up the village, since it was she who had damaged it.

“Arigatou Rin, I’m sorry I couldn’t help, but Inuyasha doesn’t want me doing anything, now that I’m with child.” Rin looked at Kagome’s swollen belly.

Suddenly Kagome took her hand and placed it on her stomach,” Look feel here, it’s kicking me.” Rin fell quiet a few moments, suddenly she felt something hit her hand,” Sugoi! Kagome-Chan does it do that everyday?!”

Kagome laughed,” Yes, it’s a stubborn one like its father.” Rin giggled when she heard an angry,”Hey!!” from Inuyasha.

Rin looked around, Sango, Miroku, Shippo, and Kirara where all here. She frowned,” Has anyone seen Zentarii and Sesshomaru?”

All of them told her,” No.” She was confused,” Now that I think about it, I haven’t seen them all day.”

“Don’t worry about it Rin, I’m sure they’re fine.” Rin nodded,” I guess you’re right.” I shouldn’t be worried, Sesshomaru is unbeatable, and he’s the strongest Youki in Japan, well not counting that incident.

Rin grimaced at that memory; she had almost lost him for good. She lifted up her necklace to see, it was only because of this that he was alive and well today.

She smiled, but that was in the past she was his mate now, body and soul.

In felt a wave of dizziness wash over her, and stumbled a bit. Everyone turned to look at her worried,” All you alright Rin?’ Kagome asked rushing to her side. In all truth Rin didn’t feel good,” I’ll be fine, Kag-“

Rin became extremely pale; she walked into the forest saying,” I’d like some time alone.”

Rin dropped to her knees in front of a tree, and wretched. She stood up slowly, and walked towards the river, she took a sip of water, but she ended up throwing that back up again.

A wave of distress washed over her, she felt so ill. Suddenly she realized why she was feeling so sick, but was interrupted from her thoughts when a low-class youki attacked her.

She rolled her eyes annoyed,” You look like a tasty human indeed!” She felt horrible, she unsheathed only one of her swords, and flicked it, one blade of youki flew out and sliced the demon in half, unfortunately a lot of the blood landed on her.

She threw up again, even more disgusted, as her illness spiked. She stood up slowly, making her way back.

She collapsed she couldn’t walk anymore, she tried to reach her swords but she couldn’t lift up her arms; a fever was taking hold of her body,” Sesshomaru...” Rin’s mark pulsed calling for Sesshomaru.

The last thing she heard was,” Rin!” She called out weakly in her mind,” Zen…tar…ii….”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sesshomaru landed in front of the house, Zentaru landed beside him. Two people were riding on her, they jumped off.

Sesshomaru walked ahead of them, and went into the large hut. When he walked in everyone looked at him and then behind him when two young women followed him, the fist one entering had a sword at her side, she was dressed with a priestess attire, but the hakamas were blue, and white haori. She had her hair tied in a low ponytail, and carried herself with great pride.

Following behind her a woman with two scythes came in, dressed in a demon slayer out fit that looked almost identical to Rin’s except for the pattern and the color. She looked almost exactly the same as the first woman, except she had her hair in a high ponytail.

Behind them followed Zentarii who was covered in snow. She shook it off,” It started snowing outside.” said one of the young women.

They looked around,” Where’s Rin?” Sesshomaru said. Kagome stood up and said,” Welcome, my name is Kagome that’s Inuyasha, Sango, Miroku, Shippo, and Kirara.” She said pointing to each one as she named them.

The women bowed,” My name is Ookami,” said the one in the slayer outfit,” and this is my twin sister Karasu.”

“We are looking for Rin.” Karasu said, Kagome looked bemused,” excuse for intruding but why?”

“Because she comes from our village and she is our friend.” said Karasu. Kagome looked surprised,” Oh well she went for a walk earlier in the day, she still hasn’t come back, you can wait here in the meantime.”

“Ookami…’ said Karasu with a worried tone. Sesshomaru listened silently, suddenly a burning sensation came from his mark, on his shoulder, Rin was in trouble.

Zentarii growled, he ran outside at the same time he called for Zentarii, he ran towards the forest, he followed her scent to the river, where he found the corpse of a demon neatly sliced in half.

He followed her scent, which was now leading into the forest; she was heading back to the village.

Zentarii was running beside him, “Rin!” She called out, though very faint, she heard,” Zen…tar...ii….”

When she heard this, she roared, speeding up, heading in the direction of Rin. Sesshomaru was already in front of Zentarii when she roared. They stopped under the tree of ages, she was on the ground.

Sesshomaru ran quickly and picked her up; Zentarii was already heading toward the village to warn them of her arrival.

When he arrived the woman named Karasu rushed out, and felt her forehead,” She’s running a fever, get her inside!”

After they had treated Rin, Ookami said,” All we can do now is to be patient and wait.”

A few hours later they heard a soft groan. Sesshomaru was already by her side. She opened her eye’s only to be greeted by three familiar faces. Her eye’s snapped open,” Ookami, Karasu!” She was on her feet but was a bit wobbly, and fell. “Ugh…”

The twins looked at her with scolding eyes,” what the hell were you doing outside in the snow?!”

Rin groaned again,” I was going for a walk mother!” Karasu clucked her tongue and growled irritated.

Rin’s hand went to her swords and they pulsed, sending demonic energy into her veins. Immediately after this the color returned to her face, her chapped lips were healed, and she regained strength.

“Kagome-Chan, do you have a honey comb?” Kagome looked at her strangely for a moment, then said,” yeah, I some, why?”

“Please, give me some Kagome- Chan.” Kagome hesitated for a moment before she nodded and headed into another room.

Karasu eyed suspiciously, honey comb? Honey comb, why would she be wanting …

Sesshomaru eyed Rin, she seemed fine now, but he was still worried about her. He could still scent sickness and uneasiness coming from her.

Suddenly something finally clicked in Karasu’s head, I have heard from legend that only during pregnancies with the Inu youki species, that females ate honey comb, since it helps settle their stomachs and sooth the other pains of the pregnancy, the honey apparently also helped to strengthen the pup.

Rin noted the look on Karasu’s face and when she caught that glimmer in her eye, that meant she had something on her mind she acted quickly.

“Rin are you-?” Rin gave a low whistle and Zentarii who was conveniently on Karasu’s shoulder ‘accidentally’ placed her tail on Karasu’s mouth, effectively shutting her up, Rin turned to face Ookami with a look that said ’be silent.’

Rin moved so that she was sitting with one leg stretched out and the other one up, her hand resting on her knee.

If she were to get sick again, she wanted to be in a position were she could be out the door in 3 seconds flat.

Then something clicked in Rin’s head and she looked at Sesshomaru, then to Ookami, then to Karasu,” How did you two find me?” Rin asked curiously.

Ookami said,” Dog boy brought us here, Zentarii apparently told him to bring us here for some mysterious reason, and she still won’t tell.”

Sesshomaru growled really low when she said,”Dog boy.” Rin gave a small smile,” You’ll have to forgive them koibito; they’re rather blunt when it comes to expressing themselves.”

Sesshomaru gazed at her apparently taking a liking to his nickname. He gave a small approving nod.

Rin then thought,”Zentarii how long have you known?” Zentarii gazed at her with an amused expression,” For about a week, that’s why I went to get Karasu and Ookami.”

Rin gave a small irritated growl,” And why didn’t you tell me sooner? Wait you haven’t told Sesshomaru have you?”

“Rin relax I wanted you to find out by yourself and I Knew you wouldn’t want that dog demon to find out about it first so I disguised your change of scent, he won’t know until you tell him.”

Another thing clicked in her mind,” So you two don’t mid that my mate is a demon?” Both of them gazed at her steadily,” Yes, though we were surprised when Zentarii told us this, we don’t mind, even if we didn’t we can never stop you from loving him, and if we tried to take you away, he would probably shred us to pieces, revive us and shred us again.”

Rin began giggling,” Ahem, yes that’s pretty much what he would do.” She looked at Sesshomaru who had an amused glimmer in his eyes.

Miroku then commented,” I should now I felt the sting of hand.” Sango glared at him,” And rightly so, you deserved it!”

Shippo jumped up and hit on the head,” You know you should get into lecherous head, that you’re married now, and you need to stop flirting with other women!”

Rin watched silently as the couple’s feud began; silently thanking the gods she didn’t have problems like that with Sesshomaru.

Kagome came into the room with the honey comb in one hand and a bottle of water in the other.

Rin took the honey comb from her hand and the water bottle; she eyed the honey comb before finally bringing it to her mouth sucking the nectar from it.

Rin took it from her mouth feeling her stomach settle. She took the water bottle and drank some of it, thankful for the cool refreshing liquid running down her throat.

She began wondering how she was going to tell Sesshomaru, Ookami and Karasu had probably already figured it out, and it wouldn’t take long for Kagome to realize, that is unless she hadn’t already figured it out.

Feeling her stomach settle down she relaxed and leaned against Sesshomaru, who shifted against the wall in order to get more comfortable.

She sighed tomorrow would be a long day, and she as planning on telling him tomorrow.

“Rin…..” a voice said softly,” Rin…!” The voice got louder,” Rin!!” Rin opened her agitated, when she opened her eyes she was surrounded by Kagome, Sango, Kirara, Ookami, Karasu, and Zentarii.

She gave a yelp and stumbled back.” What the hell?!”

Karasu then said,” All right, how long have you known?” Rin looked back, then around the hut, where the hell was Sesshomaru when she needed him?!

“Where’s Sesshomaru?” Kagome said,” I made the boys go out hunting.”

Rin arched an eyebrow,” What the hell do you mean made?” Kagome gave an evil smile,” I threatened Inuyasha with a sit, and Sesshomaru wasn’t much of a problem he was going to go out anyway, Sango handled Miroku, and Shippo wanted to with them.”

“Now answer our question Rin.” Sango said. Rin gulped she was surrounded,” I found out yesterday.”

Kagome nodded,” Myoga!” The little demon flea jumped onto Kagome’s shoulder and began talking,” The child that you know carry, is the child of Sesshomaru is it not?”

Rin nodded,” Yes.” Myoga then looked deep in thought for a moment,” Since you are giving birth to a child fathered by a full blooded dog demon, you must know first of all there is a chance, because of the youki from the your swords that runs through your veins that it will be a full-blooded demon, second the pup will most likely be born in about four to five months.”

Rin eyes widened,” Nani?!” Myoga gave a small chuckle,” Yes, well he is a dog demon, normally when it is a pure breed it will be born in two, if it was a normal human it would be six but since you are a human with youki running through her veins it will most likely be born in half that time.”

Rin suddenly felt excitement, and she smiled. The flea then continued,” However you will need to be sucking the nectar from the honey comb through out your pregnancy, it will help keep the pup well and healthy.”

Rin nodded,” I know that, though I have a question for you Myoga, what about Kagome-Chan she is a priestess, and Inuyasha is a hanyou what’s going to happen then?”

Myoga landed on Rin’s knee who by now was settled in comfortably with on leg stretched out, and her knee bent

He sat down arms crossed and said,” Your child will probably have spiritual powers, and demonic power I can tell you that for sure but I cannot determine how much it will have.”

Kagome nodded,” That’s good to know,” then Myoga added,” Kagome you will have to eat honey comb as well.” Kagome nodded her understanding.

“Sango,” Myoga said, Sango turned to look at him,” Yes?” Myoga looked at her carefully,” When you a child, your child is one who is going to be feared, by women, if it is male I guarantee it.”

Everyone started laughing while Sango looked annoyed,” You didn’t have to tell me that; unfortunately, I knew this since I married the houshi.”

Everyone laughed,” When do plan on telling dog boy about this?” Karasu asked Rin. Rin gave it a moment of thought, “I want to tell Sesshomaru today.”

“Tell me what?” said monotone voice from the doorway, and the said demon walked in Rin paled and she struggled to find a good excuse, “That I – um am very – uh happy being your mate?” Sesshomaru arched an eyebrow with a look that said,” I’m supposed to believe that?”

Suddenly Rin saw a perverted look in his eye,” Which part?” He said. Rin blushed all the down to her neck, she quickly changed the subject,” How did the hunt go?” Almost as if response a deer flew in through the doorway and landed in the fireplace, behind it Inuyasha came in looking pissed off.

“SHOWOFF!” He yelled at Sesshomaru,” I was doing just fine on my own, but no you just had to mess everything up!”

“On the contrary otouto, if I hadn’t interfered, you would’ve scared all the prey away with all the noise you where making.” Sesshomaru stated calmly.

“Why you—I wasn’t making any noise you were the one who started criticizing how I hunted and scared the deer away!”

“After you scared the two deer away with the noise you were making, I still wonder how you’ve managed to survive this long.”

“Why I outta!” Kagome got tired and said in a low warning voice,” Inuyasha….” Inuyasha looked at her and quieted down afraid that she might ‘sit’ him.

Rin stood up and brushed herself off,” Karasu did d you bring my—“Karasu threw a pack at Rin,” yeah I knew you would want them.” Rin nodded,” Thanks.”

Rin looked inside at the winter kimono, she smiled,” I’ll be right I’m going to go change.”

She walked past Sesshomaru to the room where she was currently staying in, failing to see the lecherous look in his eyes.

She closed the door behind her and set down the bag, she pulled out her winter kimono and set it on the futon.

She undressed letting the kimono fall around her feet, she then quickly put on a change of the thing that Kagome brought for her from her world called ‘underwear’. She then reached for her kimono, suddenly realizing that she hadn’t gotten the sash yet, she put it back down went to get the sash, looking around the bag.

Sesshomaru came in quietly, and was met with a humorous sight. Rin was only wearing the undergarments the miko gave her and was looking around her bag kneeled down looking for something in the bag.

His eyes went to the kimono on the futon, and grinned mischievously. Using demonic speed he grabbed the kimono and went back to the wall and leaned against it casually.

He heard an,” Aha!” As she pulled out the sash.

Rin felt like she was being watched but she shrugged it off when she finally found what she was looking for,” Aha!” She reached for kimono but it was gone.

Rin was completely confused,” What the—“.She looked around and her eyes settles on the dog demon who was leaned casually against the wall with her kimono in his hand watching her, with an extremely perverted look on his face.

Her eyes went wide as she realized he was looking her up and down,” You – you!” She was blushing all the way down to her neck; she reached down and got her other kimono from the ground covering herself up with it.

He grinned,” and what exactly are you trying to hide?” he said, Rin blushed even more,” Give me my kimono Sesshomaru!” she yelled at him. He said,” If you want it come get it.”

“Pervert!” she yelled at him, while trying desperately to cover her amusement as she yelled at him.

She ran at him hand still clutching the kimono to herself trying to cover herself. He held the kimono high over his head as she tried to get it,” Sesshomaru give it back!”

He leaned down and whispered into her ear,” Only if you’ll let me help you put it on…” Rin’s blush went darker if possible,” Y-you dirty old man!” Sesshomaru raised both of his eyebrows and let out a bark of laughter. Suddenly he was gone and two lean, muscular arms wrapped themselves around her waist and pulled her flush against his chest.

He leaned down and said huskily into her ear,” Do you want me to show you what this dirty old man has on his mind right now?” His kissed her neck leaving a hickey in its wake; he felt her shudder with pleasure.

He spun her around arms still wrapped around her waist, and kissed her ferociously on the lips, and Rin kissed him back with the same heated passion. He ran his tongue over her bottom lip, seeking entrance into her mouth and she granted it gladly.

He plunged his tongue into her mouth, tasting her; he was becoming somewhat dizzy with her taste. She had long ago given up trying to cover herself letting the kimono fall onto her feet; she put her arms around his neck and tangled her hands in his silver mane pulling his head closer to hers, his taste was so intoxicating, she leaned on him for support as her legs went somewhat numb.

She pulled away painfully and put her face in the crook of his neck while he went to her neck leaving a trail of kisses to where he put his mark on her. She gave a small moan and said,” Not…now.”

He smirked and without any type of warning he kneeled down and placed a gentle kiss on her stomach, her eye’s widened,” Sesshomaru?” A deep chuckle emitted from his throat. He stood up and placed a gentle hand flat against her stomach,” How did you?” she said wide-eyed.

“Rin, I’ve known this for almost two weeks now,” Rin still looked at him in awe, when he tapped his nose. “Zentarii has a good sense of smell and she did well in hiding your change of scent but she left out the fact, I’m a Dai-youki, I think I would know when my own mate came to be with child.”

“T-then you—“He kissed her gently,” why would I reject my own pup?” She let out a sigh of relief,” Did Myoga already tell you the chances of the pup? That it might be more demon than human, if not completely demon?” He nodded his head,” Hanyou or not it will still be mine, I will not reject the pup.”

She gave a smile and kissed him heatedly, her body literally almost exploding with joy. He kissed her with the same ferocity, he kissed her until they both had to part for air.

He then released and gave her kimono back satisfied with the flushed look on her face, she put the kimono on and as he turned to walk away she pulled him back and said,” Didn’t you say you were going to help me put this on, old man?”

He gave a smile and took the sash from her hand, he wrapped it around her waist and tied it securely, before he let her go he whispered into her ear huskily,” I’m going to make you regret calling me old man tonight…” She turned to face, with an amused twinkle in her eye,” Oh really? Well we’ll just see about that won’t we?”

“Enjoy our walk, Rin, it’s the last one you’ll be having for quite a while.” She blushed; she knew he would follow through with that promise.

She took his hand and they walked out of the hut together arms linked and disappeared into the forest.

And I’m done! I was as red as a tomato when I was through with it but I’m done! There will be a sequel to this story you can count on that, and I kind of forgot about Jaken and Ah-Un, sorry about that… anyways sequel should be out in about a week.
Sign up to rate and review this story