Categories > Anime/Manga > Digimon > Digimon: Battle to Save the Dimensional Plane

Two Worlds Apart

by GuGoomba 3 reviews

A 02/03 crossover. A digimon bent on releasing the ultimate power of destruction has sent BlackGatomon to collect pure energy from children. And since BlackGatomon's tail ring blocks normal digivol...

Category: Digimon - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover - Characters: Davis, Guilmon, Henry, Kari, Ken, Renamon, Rika, Taichi Kamiya, Takato, Terriermon, Yamato Ishida - Published: 2006-01-17 - Updated: 2006-01-18 - 3637 words

0Unrated
Digimon is copyrighted by Toei Animation Co Digimon is copyrighted by Toei Animation Co. and Fox Kids.

Digimon: Digital Monsters: Battle to Save the Dimensional Plane
Chapter 1: Two Worlds Apart

Deep in the underworld of the Digital World stood the towering remains of Spiral Mountain. Thought to have been destroyed when the Dark Masters had been defeated, it had in fact been transported to the depths of the Digiworld, where the evilest digimon reigned. But there was one digimon who ruled above all the others and lived in the same palace that had once been occupied by Piedmon. A digimon who possessed the key to a power of destruction that not only could destroy the Digital World and our own world, but the entire dimensional plane. Now, a lone Champion digimon made her way across the throne room. She had stunning black fur covering her small body, and a black tail that was almost twice the length of her body. Violet stripes circled the tail and she wore purple gloves with black stripes on her front paws. Her ears were perked up as she knelt before the throne of her master.

"Ah, BlackGatomon, my dear servant," said the voice of the digimon seated on the throne. It was a deep, evil sounding voice. Like that of Devimon, only a lot more evil.

"You called, oh Great One?" asked the black cat digimon as she rose to her feet.

"Yes. The time for us to collect the pure energy of this world's children's hopes, wishes, and dreams has arrived," said the digimon.

"Yes, Master. But what of the Digidestined of this world? They will surely not let us get near the child. The ones from my world would not let us," said BlackGatomon.

"The Digidestined of this world will be of no concern to us. Here," said the digimon, tossing BlackGatomon a small black ring. "It looks very much like your Vaccine type's counterpart, only this tail ring has not only the power to stop the digivolutions of this world's digimon, but also the power to transfer the pure energy of children into other digimon. The energy will remain in them until I retrieve it or the digimon is destroyed. Now take which ever digimon you will need to complete the task," said the digimon.

"I will return triumphantly," said BlackGatomon as she bowed, then turned and left the room. As she walked down the grand hallway, she slipped the tail ring on her tail, and almost cried out as she felt the power of it flow through her body. A small discomfort, but she would get used to it in time. As she exited the giant palace, there stood dozens of Champion, Armor, and Ultimate digimon. Each one looked ready for battle. They had all heard the words of their master, and each was ready to prove themselves to their Sovereign. BlackGatomon walked among the digimon, judging each one. They stood by patiently, waiting to see who would have the honor of following their master's general into battle. BlackGatomon finally stopped in front of a pair Tyrannomon. She gave them a nod, and then she started walking again, the Tyrannomon following close behind.

****

"Hey Agumon! I wasn't finished with that yet!" cried Tai as he watched Agumon eat the last of his sandwich.

"Sorry Tai, but you know how I get when I'm hungry," said Agumon. Tai just sighed.

"It's okay. I'm just a little bored," said Tai. He walked into the living room and sat down on the couch. Agumon took a seat next to him. As Tai turned on the TV, he looked over at Agumon. It had been over four years since the first day the two of them had met. And since then, both their lives had never been the same. From their first fight with Kuwagamon, to Agumon's first digivolution into Greymon, the battle against the Dark Masters, their battle against Diaboromon on the Internet, and even helping to defeat MaloMyotismon. And now here he was, sitting in his living room with his partner digimon. All the other Digidestined were enjoying their time with their digimon too. Genni had let the digimon come through the digital portal that MaloMyotismon had created between the two worlds. According to Genni, the gates would remain open for at least another three months before closing again. The damage done to the Digital World was severe, even after Owikawa's life-force energy helped to revive a good deal of it. But after the gates were repaired, they will then only open with the power of a D-3. So the kids had talked Genni into letting their digimon visit them in the Real World until then. Suddenly, Tai finally snapped back to reality by Agumon's frantic calls.

"Tai! Tai! Snap out of it!" cried Agumon, jumping up and down in front of the 15 year old. Tai shook his head as he came back to reality.

"Huh? What is it, Agumon?" asked Tai.

"Tai! Look at the TV!" cried Agumon. Tai turned his attention to the TV to see something he never expected to see. There was a news chopper flying high above the city, and two huge dinosaurs wreaking havoc in the middle of the streets.

"And apparently, these mysterious monsters have been described by some viewers as being similar to the ones seen in the Heighten View Terrance apartment area a few months ago around the same time the whole world was being invaded by what many children world wide have called Digital Monsters, or Digimon for short," said the man on the news. Tai immediately jumped up and dashed for the door, Agumon hot on his heels.

****

"That's it. Scare the children for all you can. It makes it a whole lot easier to drain their pure energy," said BlackGatomon as she bounded from building top to building top, her black tail ring glowing darkly as it sucked the pure energy out of the fleeing children and sent it into the two Champion dinosaur digimon. While it didn't harm the children physically, it drained their heart of feelings. They could still move, but they didn't. They just stood still, as though they were paralyzed. As the dinosaur digimon rampaged about, Tai and Agumon came running around a street corner, not taking notice of the heartless children standing on the sidewalks. BlackGatomon spotted them from her perch on the top of a nearby building.

"Well well. Looks like at least one of them showed up," she purred to herself as she leapt from the building.

"Hurry Agumon! They're heading for the downtown district!" cried Tai. Just then, a blur of black fur came crashing down upon Tai, knocking him to the ground. Slightly dazed, he opened his eyes to see two cat eyes staring back at him.

"Hello...Tai, isn't it?" purred the digital cat. Tai jumped up, knocking BlackGatomon off himself. "Oh, a feisty one!"

"Gatomon?" asked Tai.

"No Tai, that's not Gatomon. That's BlackGatomon," said Agumon.

Digimon Analyzer
/"She may look like just a black version of our friend, but her personality is a total 180 of Gatomon."/


"So, three Champions. Sounds tough, but you're up for the challenge, right Agumon?" asked Tai.

"Right. Agumon, digivolve to..." cried Agumon. But BlackGatomon's tail ring glowed brightly as it blocked the power from Tai's digivice. "Huh!? Hey! I'm still Agumon!"

"What happened? There aren't any more Control Spires," asked Tai. BlackGatomon flicked her tail around a couple of times before putting the tail ring out into view.

"This is what happened. This ring has the power to stop a digimon's digivolution. Including yours, Rookie. Lightning Paw!" cried BlackGatomon, leaping forward and punching Agumon backwards.

"Agumon!" cried Tai. He turned back towards BlackGatomon, who was slowly walking in his direction.

"So you're the older leader of this world's Digidestined. You may have able to defeat the four Dark Master's from this world, but my master is more powerful than all four of the Dark Masters put together," said BlackGatomon.

"Thunder Blast!" cried a voice from down the street. BlackGatomon turned in time to see a blast of blue electric energy come flying at her. Leaping into the air, she dodged the blast and landed a few meters away.

"Davis!" cried Tai.

"Raidramon!" cried Agumon. Raidramon run up next to Tai and Agumon, then knelt down to let Davis off.

"Looks like we're just in time," said Davis. Raidramon stood back up and charged BlackGatomon. But BlackGatomon leapt above Raidramon and landed on the top of a nearby building.

"So, you want to fight, huh? All right. Let's see you take on my two friends. Oh Tyrannomon," said BlackGatomon is a singsong voice. Down the street, the two Tyrannomon stopped their rampage as soon as they heard BlackGatomon call their names. They turned around and started back towards her.

Digimon Analyzer
/"Tyrannomon is one of the most powerful Champion digimon. His Blaze Blast attack is virtually unstoppable."/

"You think those over grown lizards scare us?" said Davis. Raidramon let out a growl as two Tyrannomon stopped fifty feet away, fire burning in their mouths as they prepared to attack. Raidramon leaped forward, electricity surging through his fangs.

"Electric Byte!" cried Raidramon as he bit down on the left Tyrannomon's arm, sending thousands of volts of electric energy into the Champion digimon. Tyrannomon cried in pain, but was still able to fling Raidramon off his arm. The other Tyrannomon reared his head back.

"Blaze Blast!" he cried, breathing a blast of fire at Raidramon.

"Thunder Blast!" cried Raidramon, shooting a blast of blue electric energy at Tyrannomon. Both attacks hit in mid air, but the Blaze Blast broke through and hit Raidramon, who yelled in pain as the Digi-Egg of Friendship unbonded with him, changing him back into Veemon.

"Oh no! Veemon!" cried Davis. Veemon slowly sat up, a little dazed but okay.

"Well that was easy enough," said BlackGatomon. Davis looked up at the black feline, fire in his eyes.

"You think you're hot stuff? Well, we're just warming up! Digi-Armor Energize!" yelled Davis as the Digi-Egg of Courage appeared from his D-Terminal.

"Veemon, Armor Digivolve to...Flamedramon, The Fire of Courage!" cried Veemon as the Digi-Egg of Courage bonded with him, his whole body becoming engulfed in flames as he grew taller and bore armor plating on his chest, hands, upper legs, feet, and head with the hands and feet bearing three sharp, metal claws and the head piece sporting a curved blade out of the top.

"Yeah! Now we're cooking! Got get them Flamedramon!" cried Davis. Flamedramon leapt high into the air, his body becoming engulfed in flames.

"Fire Rocket!" cried Flamedramon as he dive-bombed one of the Tyrannomon, slamming his flaming body into its chest, knocking it back to the ground. Flamedramon quickly turned around, his right fist glowing bright. "Fire Rocket!" he cried again, shooting several fireballs at the second Tyrannomon, knocking it over as well. But Flamedramon was so preoccupied with the second Tyrannomon that he didn't see the other one stand back up and rear its head back.

"Flamedramon! Behind you!" cried Davis. Flamedramon turned around just in time to see Tyrannomon release a Blaze Blast attack at him. The fiery breath enveloped Flamedramon. When the fire dispersed, the Digi-Egg of Courage had unbonded with Flamedramon, leaving Veemon in Flamedramon's place.

"No! This can't be..." said Davis under his breath. BlackGatomon jumped down from her perch on the roof, landing right in front of Veemon.

"You seem like such a nice hunk of a digimon," purred BlackGatomon. "Why do you hang out with these weak humans?" Veemon became enraged at this statement.

"You listen to me kitty. Davis is my friend. And so is everyone else I know for that matter, humans and digimon alike. And none of us are weak!" he yelled. BlackGatomon smiled evilly as she looked Veemon in the eye.

"You say that, yet you require the help of a human to digivolve. Digimon were meant to digivolve naturally, away from humans. I digivolved without the aid of humans, as have all other digimon. You must be weak to require the help of a human," she said.

"That's not true! I could beat you blindfolded! Vee Head Butt!" cried Veemon, leaping at BlackGatomon, his rock-hard head leading the way.

"Lightning Paw!" cried BlackGatomon, punching Veemon's head, knocking him back to the cold street. "How pathetic. And now to finish you off!" BlackGatomon raised back her right hand, claws ready to penetrate Veemon's skull and delete him. Suddenly, a red fireball slammed into BlackGatomon, knocking her to the street. She rose to her feet, a look of fire in her eyes.

"Who dares attack me?" she said angrily.

"We dare," said a voice. From the alley where the fireball had come from stepped three children. Two of them were boys about the same age as Davis, and one of them wore goggles just like Davis did. The other child was a girl the same age. And with them were three digimon. One, a red reptile digimon with a white chest, red bat ears, and black markings all over his body. Another was an animal digimon that looked like a creamy white bunny with green markings and really long ears. The third was an animal digimon that looked like a yellow fox.

"How can this be?" hissed BlackGatomon. The boy wearing the goggles stepped forward, as did the reptile digimon.

"You actually thought we wouldn't follow you?" asked the boy. The reptile digimon leapt at BlackGatomon. BlackGatomon leapt above him and aimed a punch right at him.

"Lightning Paw!" she cried. But before she could connect, the reptile digimon did a quick turn-about, whipping BlackGatomon with his tail, knocking her to the other side of the street. Slowly getting to her feet, she glared at the reptile digimon, and then smirked. "You won't be so cocky when you face two Tyrannomon!" As soon as she said their names, the two Tyrannomon turned towards them.

"Is that all you've got?" asked the girl. BlackGatomon only smiled slightly as she leapt up to the top of a nearby roof. She sat on all fours, watching as the towering dinosaur digimon looked down at the children.

"Okay, Guilmon! Get ready!" said the boy with the goggles.

"Okay," said the reptile digimon

"Renamon, you ready?" asked the girl.

"As always," said the fox digimon.

"Get set Terriermon!" said the other boy.

"I'm ready to go," said the animal digimon. The left Tyrannomon raised back his head, taking in a deep breath.

"Blaze Blast!" he cried, breathing a blast of fire at the three digimon. All three of them leapt to the sides, away from the blast.

"Okay, here we go," said the boy with the goggles under his breath. He reached down and took a card from a pouch on his belt. Raising it up, he brought a digivice up to it. But this digivice wasn't an older one like Tai's, or even a new D-3 like Davis'. This one had a slight arrow tip shape to it, with a circle of glass in the center, and a slot on the side. The boy swiped the card through the slot.

"Digi Modify! Hyper Speed active!" he cried. Davis, Tai, and their two digimon watched in awe as Guilmon suddenly sped up almost becoming a blur. Guilmon slammed himself head first into Tyrannomon's stomach, causing the larger Champion to groan in pain.

"Your turn Renamon!" said the girl. Renamon leapt into the air and crossed her arms over her chest.

"You too, Agumon!" cried Tai.

"Diamond Storm!" she cried, dozens of crystals shards appearing and shooting toward the two Tyrannomon. The attack hit head on, the crystal embedding themselves in the two dinosaurs. Agumon followed suit by hitting both of the Tyrannomon with Pepper Breath attacks.

"Now for you, Terriermon!" cried the other boy. Terriermon leapt towards the injured Champion digimon.

"Don't let him have all the fun Veemon," said Davis. Veemon leapt forward.

"Vee Head Butt!" cried Veemon, slamming head first into Tyrannomon's stomach, causing the pain in that spot to triple from Veemon's hard head.

"Terrier Tornado!" cried Terriermon, spinning rapidly in place, whipping up a mini whirlwind. The whirlwind slammed into the left Tyrannomon's head, knocking the dinosaur digimon over, a loud crash sounded as he hit the pavement.

"Now finish them off, Guilmon," said the younger boy, taking out a second card and swiping it through the digivice. "Digi Modify! Attack Power Enhancement activate!" Guilmon let out a roar of his own as he felt the power from the card flow through him.

"Pyro Sphere!" cried Guilmon, spitting a ball of fire twice the size as the one he hit BlackGatomon with. Both Tyrannomon let out a roar as their bodies started to disintegrate, their data dispersing till their forms were gone. As they became deleted, the pure energy of the children returned to their bodies. They hadn't noticed anything was wrong as they went back to whatever it was they were doing before the two Tyrannomon and BlackGatomon had come by. Up on the roof, BlackGatomon sat in deep thought.

So, the Digidestined from my world have followed us. The Master's not going to like this news, she thought to herself as she used the black ring's power to teleported herself back to the Digital World.

"That...was incredible!" said an awe struck Tai.

"Yeah! I've never seen anything like that!" said an equally awe struck Davis. Both of their digimon just nodded in agreement.

"By the way, just who are you?" asked Tai. The boy with the goggles stepped forward.

"I'm Takato," he said. Both he and Tai shook hands.

"I'm Henry," said the other boy.

"And I'm Rika," said the girl.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. My name's Tai," said Tai.

"I'm Davis," said Davis.

"I'm Agumon," said Agumon, raising his clawed hand to shake Guilmon's.

"My name is Guilmon," said Guilmon, shaking Agumon's hand.

"I'm Renamon," said Renamon.

"And I'm Terriermon," said Terriermon.

"I'm Veemon," said Veemon. As the introductions ended, they started walking back towards Tai's house, the new kids explaining why they threw themselves into the fight.

****

"So let me get this straight," said Tai on his couch at home. "You three are from a dimension where our world is a TV show?"

"Yes. We know all about your first fight against Kuwagamon all the way up to the final battle against MaloMyotismon," said Takato. "In fact, your world is so famous in ours that we even have a card game and several video games based after this dimension's Digital World. Here, take a look." Takato took several of the cards from his belt's pouch and handed them to Tai.

"Wow! Hey Agumon, this is you!" said Tai. Agumon looked at the card Tai was holding to see his own picture on it, with his attack calls listed below.

"And here's yours Veemon," said Davis, holding up another one. Tai gave Agumon's card back to Takato.

"So how did you make Guilmon faster today anyway?" asked Tai.

"We use the cards from the game to make our digimon faster and stronger by swiping them through our digivices," said Rika. "With the right combinations of cards, a Rookie might even be able to take down an Ultimate digimon."

"That's really cool!" said Davis.

"Yeah, no kidding," said Tai. "I have one more question. When you first came to help, you said something about how you followed BlackGatomon. What did you mean by that?" The three Digimon Tamers looked to the floor. Takato was the first to look up.

"BlackGatomon is a digimon from our dimension's Digital World. She had come to Earth with the intent to steal the pure energy of children's hearts for her master, which is a digimon that wants to release a power that can destroy everything in all dimensions. If that power is released from its confinement, then everything will be destroyed, and nothing will be left behind," said Takato.

"We were able to stop them from succeeding in our world, but then they entered a rift in the dimensional plane. We figured that if we didn't follow, then if there were children in that would, they would collect the pure energy they needed to unlock the power," said Henry.

"So we followed them through the dimensional rift and ended up here, where we found you being attacked by the two Tyrannomon," said Rika.

"Whoa! A digimon that wants to destroy all dimensions? But why?" asked Davis.

"Even we digimon don't know," said Renamon. "All we know is that if we don't stop them, they will destroy the entire dimensional plane." Tai and Davis looked at each other and gave a nod.

"Then count us in," said Tai.

"That goes double for me," said Davis.

"But as long as BlackGatomon has that black ring on her tail, your digimon can't digivolve," said Takato.

"But Veemon and four of my other friends have digimon that can Armor Digivolve, which that ring can't stop. And when we destroy that ring, Tai and the rest of the original Digi-destined can join the fight," said Davis.

"Davis and Tai are right you guys. We're going to need all the help we can get," said Henry.

"Yeah, I guess your right," said Takato.

"Now that's what I'm talking about! Digi-destined are a team even across dimensions," said Davis.

"And we'll be sure to give all the support we can," said Veemon.

"Then it's settled! We'll fight this battle together!" said Takato, sticking his hand out into the middle of their circle.

"Together," repeated Davis, putting his hand on top of Takato's.

"Together," said everyone else, digimon included, as they put their hands in the circle as well.

END OF CHAPTER 1
Sign up to rate and review this story