Categories > Cartoons > Avatar: The Last Airbender

Life, Not Death

by marikunin 0 reviews

Thoughts of a Prince and an Avatar while in the fire.

Category: Avatar: The Last Airbender - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Characters: Aang,Zuko - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2008-01-08 - Updated: 2008-01-08 - 236 words - Complete

0Unrated
The Banished Prince and the Last Avatar looked in awe as the two dragons, having spun around them while they did the Dragon Dance, landing onto the ground with their wise faces level with Aang and Zuko’s. A shot of adrenaline ran through both of them, before Ran and Cha opened their mouths and enveloped them in a large stream of flames.

Their yell of surprise soon died down to silence, and the two youths stood back to back gazing in wonder at what they beheld. A large vortex of fire swirled around them, in every color you could think of, as well as hues that were never seen in any flame before.

As the colors danced across Aang’s stormy gray eyes, he saw the gazes of all his past lives staring down at him. At that moment he felt even more in tune with his previous selves than when he was in the Avatar state. Then each life spoke to Aang in unison; with a still, small voice.

“This is why you live.”

Zuko stared up at the myriad of colors whirling around him. The Prince realized that even things he thought that he knew could have an infinite amount of aspects.

“I understand.”

In that single moment in time, Zuko saw the whole world.

While the tunnel shrank and finally disappeared, both young men knew that they would never be the same.
Sign up to rate and review this story