Categories > Cartoons > Teen Titans

Everytime

by wildhope 0 reviews

A songfic to Britney Spear's Everytime. This is just after the Titans discover Terra is a spy.

Category: Teen Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Beast Boy,Terra - Published: 2008-01-08 - Updated: 2008-01-09 - 637 words - Complete

0Unrated
Terra lay there, knees to her chest, going over the events of the previous night. The night she gave the Titans to Slade. She hadn't wanted it, but what choice did she have? I trained you to control your power, he had said. You owe me.

She had set up surveillance for him in the tower as soon as she got there, but last night she disabled their security system. But Beast Boy... She couldn't let Beast Boy be there when it all happened. So she took him away. But no matter where they went, Slade followed. And he told Beast Boy everything.

"Beast Boy, I'm sorry," she had said, sobbing. "I'm so sorry. I never meant for any of this to happen."

"Then why did you let it?"

She had tried to explain it to him, how Slade had helped her, and how she had no choice but to help him. She owed him.

"So it was all a game? You were just pretending?"

"No," she had said, stepping toward him. "You said you'd be my friend no matter what, remember?" She had reached to touch his shoulder, but he pulled away, glaring.

"Slade was right. You don't have any friends."

Notice me, take my hand
Why are we strangers when
Our love is strong
Why carry on without me

Remembering those words, her heart felt as if it would shatter into a thousand pieces. She looked down at the Titans communicator in her hand and let a tear escape from her eye. She wanted out. She wanted Beast Boy.

Everytime I try to fly, I fall
Without my wings, I feel so small
I guess I need you, baby
And everytime I see you in my dreams
I see your face, it's haunting me
I guess I need you, baby

But would he take her back? Probably not. After all, she had handed him and his friends over to their worst enemy. Who could forgive that? But she had to try.

"Terra?" Beast Boy said, through the communicator.

"Beast Boy! I'm so glad you're awake!"

"Why? So can report everything I say back to Slade?"

"No, Beast Boy, you don't under-"

"No, you don't understand," he said, with the same glare as before. "I trusted you, and you do this to me!"

"Beast Boy, I'm..."

"Go to bed. I'm sure your /master/has work for you tomorrow."

At that, the communicator went dead. Which is exactly what she wished she was at that moment: dead.

I make believe that you are here
It's the only way I see clear
What have I done
You seem to move on easy

And everytime I try to fly, I fall
Without my wings, I feel so small
I guess I need you, baby
And everytime I see you in my dreams
I see your face, you're haunting me
I guess I need you, baby

She let the communicator fall to the floor. The tears came, no matter how much she tried to hold them back. "Beast Boy..." she whispered. "Beast Boy..."

I may have made it rain
Please forgive me
My weakness caused you pain
And this song's my sorry

"Apprentice," she heard Slade call over the com system. "It is time."

Terra wiped her face and pulled herself together. It didn't matter now how she felt. It was too late. Beast Boy would never forgive her. She would just have to go on like this. Maybe one day the pain would go away. Maybe.

At night I pray
That soon your face will fade away

And everytime I try to fly, I fall
Without my wings, I feel so small
I guess I need you, baby
And everytime I see you in my dreams
I see your face, you're haunting me
I guess I need you, baby
Sign up to rate and review this story