Categories > Cartoons > Teen Titans

My Immortal

by wildhope 0 reviews

A songfic to Evanescence's My Immortal. Sequel to Everytime. Same story, but from Beast Boy's point of view.

Category: Teen Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Beast Boy,Terra - Published: 2008-01-08 - Updated: 2008-01-09 - 756 words - Complete

0Unrated
Beast Boy lay there on Terra's bed. He had been there since the previous night, curled up in the form of a dog. If he had slept any since then, he didn't remember. The heart-shaped box he had given her lay beside him. He had thrown it against the wall earlier, breaking the mirror set on the inner surface of the lid. Seven years bad luck, he thought. Like things could get worse.

I'm so tired of being here
Suppressed by all my childish fears
And if you have to leave
I wish that you would just leave
Cause your presence still lingers here
And it won't leave me alone


He thought back to their date. They had stopped by a small dinner for pie before heading to the amusement park. The greatest pie in the history of pie, he recalled. She had seemed preoccupied by something, but he hadn't thought much of it. When he asked her if everything was okay, she had assured him she was having fun. "Beast Boy, you're my definition of fun," she had said. And I believed her.

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time can not erase


You idiot! he screamed inwardly, staring into the broken glass. How could you be so stupid!? Hot tears formed in the corners of his eyes. He clutched Terra's pillow tightly. His anger and sorrow seemed to swirl together, so much so that it was a challenge to separate them. The words of Slade echoed in his ears. "The girl you knew was merely an illusion. A fantasy. In reality, she’s been working for me."

When you cried, I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream, I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me


He covered his ears, knowing his efforts were futile. Beast Boy had assumed the words were lies. He had thrown numerous punches at the reflection of Slade, breaking nearly every surface in the House of Mirrors. Too much bad luck to count. He would have liked to blame what had happened on the mirrors, but he knew better.

You used to captivate me by your resonating light
Now I'm bound by the life you left behind
Your face it haunts my once pleasant dreams
Your voice it chased away all the sanity in me


"Beast Boy…it’s the truth." But why? he asked no one. He knew why. No matter how much he didn't want to admit it, Slade had been right. She didn't love him and she never did. All she ever wanted was control. She would do anything to gain complete control over her powers, even help destroy the people who loved her most.

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time can not erase

When you cried, I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream, I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me


The sound of his communicator interrupted his thoughts. When he opened it, he couldn't believe what he saw.

"Terra?"

"Beast Boy!" she exclaimed in her usual sunny tone. "I'm so glad you're awake!"

"Why? So you can report everything I say back to Slade?"

"No, Beast Boy, you don't under..." she started.

"No, you don't understand," he shot back. He willed himself not to cry. "I trusted you, and you do this to me?!"

"Beast Boy, I'm..."

"Go to bed," he interrupted, trying his best to sound indifferent. "I'm sure your master has work for you tomorrow."

I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone
But though you're still with me
I've been alone all along


He closed the communicator and sighed, laying his head back on her pillow. He inhaled deeply, taking in the sent of her shampoo that still lingered on the fabric. He let the tears he had been holding back flow down his face. "I love you, Terra," he whispered hoarsely. He buried his face deeper into the pillow, rubbing against it in an effort to dry his tears. "Please...come back..."


When you cried, I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream, I'd fight away all of your fears
I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me
Sign up to rate and review this story