Categories > Original > Drama > cameras don't tell lies.

chapter eighteen.

by roxnick 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-01-09 - Updated: 2008-01-09 - 362 words - Complete

0Unrated
everything had been engulfed by the darkness of the night. i was suddenly filled with fear, my most recent realization: i had become very afraid of the night. i was jittery due to the fact. frankie hadn't moved for a long while. he sat straight. the white in his eyes was glowing. his lips made a small opening in the center. the street lights came on around us with now warning. frankie gasped and his hands grasped the steering wheel. i turned to him and glared after realizing everything was okay.
"you scared me", i said softly.
"sorry", he whispered, slowly turning to me. i raised my eyebrow and let it fall back down gently.
"you know?", he started.
i waited for him to proceed, but he didn't. he returned to his previous trance.
"what?", i said impatiently after waiting a few minutes. he didn't even flinch. his lip, however, quivered; he grunted softly.
"i don't wanna go back home", he said.
i thought for a minute, biting on my thumbnail.
"hmm... me neither", i murmured, looking at the nail.
i noticed he smiled as i slightly looked up, still fixed ahead.
"i fucking hate my job... i could get a way better one up here"
"what do you do, exactly?"
"i produce, i told you. i'm sick of the boy divas. bitches"
i sighed.
"why don't we stay here?", i asked, jokingly.
he sneezed.
"bless you"
"thanks... yeah"
"yeah what?"
"let's stay"
"are you serious", i said, half shocked and half sure.
"yeah, i'm serious"
"i'd like that"
"me too"
the engine revved, we were gone.

i could see the whole town from up on the hill. there were shrubs everywhere, eroded dirt and grasses. we passes some beautiful houses, and i wondered what we were doing there.
"you see that one?" frankie said, pointing at a house in the distance.
"yeah, what about it?"
"that's our house"
"what?"
"yeah, i bought it when i lived here... a few years back"
"fuck dude. oh my god"
"hell yeah"
i tugged at his shirt as he pulled into the driveway. i couldn't stop smiling nor staring at the place. i was perplexed.



Sign up to rate and review this story