Categories > Original > Drama > cameras don't tell lies.

chapter twenty.

by roxnick 1 review

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Warnings: [!!!] [V] - Published: 2008-01-09 - Updated: 2008-01-10 - 766 words - Complete

0Unrated
i awoke abruptly, realizing once again as i opened my eyes what had happened. my heart once again winced in pain. i brushed his pale cheek, my face stiff now, no longer willing to cry. i pushed my body up, refusing to look away, and, once i had committed the lie and looked away, i refused to look back. my walk turned into a quick paced one, into a jog, into running, out of sight. i ignored the pain that had started to build up after a few minutes of the activity, now seeing a street light shining in the distance. it was still dark outside, though, as in it was still night time. i kept running, faster now, so that i could leave the place. i could taste the fresh air. suddenly, i tripped after hitting something with my feet. i got up quickly to keep on, and looked down. the man was laying there, the hick. he had a hole in his forehead, his eyes wide open. dead. i scoffed at the irony. i felt something run through me, probably an adrenaline rush, and without noticing, i kicked the side of his head with all the strength left in me. i kicked again, now smiling, laughing, kicking continuously, blood suddenly coming out from the back and painting the ground scarlet. when i stopped kicking, i saw that i had left a dent at the side of his head, his ear bloody. i began to walk away, but suddenly turned around and roughly stomped on the whole of his face, breaking his nose. satisfied, i wiped my foot on the leg of his pants. the running now continued.

i stood at the exit.
"where the fuck am i gonna go...", i murmured.
arms wrapped around me and held on tightly. i screamed, but a hand hit my lips without care.
"hi penny."
i tried biting the hand that covered my mouth, the hand of what i knew to be a man through the voice.
no flinch.
"well, you see what happens to little whores like yourself?"
he breathed into my ear with his mouth open.
"fucked the photographer, but what about me penny? i loved you, but you didn't love me... who loves you now, penny? hmm? all your friends are gone, dead... no one loves you.
"remember lourdes? yes... she was a fox, that one, but decided she wanted to fuck around with some man... she didn't care about me. you saw for yourself how that little bitch ended up. i thought i'd be nice enough to let you know that, since you betrayed me, you and your boyfriend weren't gonna make it out... rather, you'd end up like lourdes.
"then comes taryn. i caught her walking home alone... warned her of what would happen to you, and to herself, nonetheless, and she begged me to take her and not you. i couldn't help but oblige. i fucked around with her guts for a while, you should have heard her scream... delightful, really. her mother cut me some slack, she went all by herself. dead... while i told her how i killed taryn. right there on the phone, fucking dead. then i brought her here, to los angeles, still alive... for you to watch her die.
"the redneck is nothing to you, just an assistant, if you're wondering. ex-con, came in handy...
"frankie... the last person who could ever love you, a sick slut like you. you know, you gave me opportunities to kill aall yyour friends... i would have never known about you or your past if you and taryn hadn't been out looking for such awful jobs"
he leaned in closer to my ear, then neared my neck with his mouth.
"taking pictures"
a knot formed in my throat.
"pictures are worth more than you think penny... frankie found out the wrong way, junkie who got kicked out of his band after lying that he was done with drugs... a picture in a magazine revealing the truth"
my eyes filled with tears, and i shook.
"cameras don't tell lies, penny. they reveal everything there is to know about anyone who is captured by one"
he let go of me. i turned around to retaliate, but he was gone in the darkness. i circled my surroundings, my nostrils flaring and tears pouring from my eyes. i started to run again. i didn't know where i was going. i didn't care. no one would get rid of the past. no one would change the future: i was already dead inside... now a roaming ghost.
Sign up to rate and review this story