Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Roxanna

The Woods

by xxACoalminexx 5 reviews

Gerard and Roxanna make out--but wait! Something else extremely important happens and it sure as hell ain't related to romance...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-01-11 - Updated: 2008-01-11 - 1815 words

1Original
Gerard took only a matter of minutes to convince me to return home with him. It was as if he could make me do anything. He made me feel powerless, which was one feeling that I loathed. I hid as much of my face as I could with my hood and kept my eyes planted to the concrete sidewalk. The pattern of our shoes on the ground and my suitcase against my leg was almost hypnotizing. I felt my eyelids get heavy. I wanted to fall asleep, right there in standing position. And I wanted to wake up, maybe three years later, to find that everything had magically been restored to normal. I’d find myself back in Florida— without Nesbit, but with my Dad, with a perfectly clean record, and Helena still loving me; never once even hearing about Belleville or Old Man Jenkins or Frankie or Ray or Caleigh or Bri or Dante or Kirah or...Gerard? I looked over at him, walking soundlessly beside me. I smiled slightly. I’d want him there in Florida with me, even if he did make me feel weak. Then, I sighed. As far as I knew, there was no way to get what I wanted.

We reached his house after a while. He pushed the front door open and shouted a greeting to Donna. Dinner was eaten at a very giggly table as Gerard’s grandmother decided to tell me embarrassing stories from when he was a kid. Probably every ounce of blood in Gerard’s body had rushed up to his cheeks. He was comforted when I agreed to watch his favorite cartoon series—Skeleton Warriors—with him. It was after Baron Dark was once again defeated, that we came to the unanimous decision to go up to his room. The setting was once again silent as we marched up the stairs. His room was dark and he refused to turn on the lights. The only things keeping the room from drowning into the night were the blinds, allowing moonlight to trickle in. I threw my suitcase down and flopped down on his bed, my favorite place. I saw him take a seat at the edge of the mattress, away from me. I frowned at this, but decided not to say anything about it. Maybe he didn’t want to touch me like I wanted to touch him. I wanted to feel his body against mine, and his lips kissing me gently. And of course, his hands wouldn’t just stay at his sides. I wanted his hands to touch me in places that I didn’t even know existed. I shuddered at my thoughts and remembered what I had said earlier about not just feeling lust for him. Well, I now realized that lust was definitely part of it. A huge part.

In a weak attempt to not think about this, I opened my mouth, “So...what do you wanna do now?”

He shrugged, “It’s probably too late for us to go out and kill that Nesbit dude, isn’t it?”

I laughed, “Yeah especially since we don’t know where he is.”

“So I guess that’s our plan for tomorrow, huh? Find out where he is?”

I nodded slowly, “But he could be anywhere. Where are we supposed to start? I really think we should just give up.”

He groaned a ‘no’ and scooted very close to me. Our noses touched. If it was possible, I would have melted into a puddle onto the floor. I kissed his lips before I could blurt out something totally stupid. I swung my leg over his thigh, and pushed myself even closer. I was now way too near him to even try and control myself. I let my tongue continue its attack on Gerard’s while my hands roamed free. My fingers touched the cold metal zipper of his hoodie. I pulled it down and pulled his sweatshirt off. I proceeded to yank his Misfits shirt up over his head. So fucking close. Now I felt bare flesh. His skin held no heat at all. I almost froze just touching him. That’s when I stopped and realized that this whole time, he had been sitting almost motionless. He only moved his arms limply where I directed them. It was overall like he was dead. I pulled my mouth away quickly, just in case I was cutting off his air supply or something. That wasn’t the problem. After a few moments of silence, he reached over for his shirt, looking at me with an expression of slight fright. I decided to be a decent person and respect his wishes.

Following a sigh, I pushed myself away and off of the bed. I was careful not to trip over anything as I walked away. My post now rested by the window. The chilly air had soaked inside the room a little bit. It contrasted against my scorching face. I felt a bit angry at Gerard. He was probably the only guy who’d ever turned me down. But then again, he was first for a lot of things. Even so, I was upset....angry...at...at something. My first instinct was to punch the glass and send shards flying everywhere. I didn’t do that though, there wasn’t enough time. My eyes caught hold of something happening outside. I moved the blinds to make sure I wasn’t hallucinating. Two heavily equipped men were strolling towards Gerard’s front door. Their paths traced back to a black and white car, with lights on top. From far away, my ears could pick up the wail of sirens; probably more of these cars. A loud curse left my mouth. I spun around quickly.

“Gerard, we gotta get outta here,” I said frantically, “The cops, they’re coming.”

He shot up from the bed. I didn’t need a light to tell me what his face would look like; deathly pale, with his hazel orbs bugging out like Ray’s had just yesterday.

It took a moment for him to pull himself together again, “Uh...there’s a window in the bathroom, it leads out back...there’s a pipe we can hold onto...”

Before I had time to reply, the doorbell rang. Gerard screamed in a high pitch.

“Shut the fuck up! We don’t want them to hear us. Come on, let’s go,” I grabbed his hand and pulled him out of his paralyzed position. The window in the bathroom was rather large, which was perfect.

I locked the bathroom door behind us, “You go first.”

He seemed unsure but didn’t protest. He was obviously scared out of his mind. I watched as he unlatched the window and began to climb out. His blonde head bobbed as he took gradual steps downwards. Fear was slowly taking over me too. Despite my earlier plans to turn myself in, I really didn’t want to go to jail again. It took Gerard way too long to get down, so I was fucking terrified by the time I could actually start to climb down. My hands gripped the pipe and my foot stayed against the wall. I had not taken even one step down when the bathroom door began to jiggle.

“OPEN UP!” a booming voice commanded, “WE KNOW YOU’RE IN THERE!”

I winced, knowing how close I was getting to certain arrest. Running away would only assure the police that I killed Old Man Jenkins. But it was not like I could just stay back. That would promise me the same fate. The door shook harder now. The knob was slowly turning...duh! They would obviously know how to pick a lock.

“ROXANNA! GET DOWN!” Gerard’s voice shouted from below.

I looked down and immediately regretted it. My head began spinning.

“THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING, MISS SAFFRON!” the enemy voice called.

I screamed out of pure confusion. My mind was thinking too much, so I let my impulses take over me. Without worrying about what would happen, I simply let go of the pipe and allowed myself to fall. It took me about one millisecond to realize how stupid that was. I squeezed my eyes together. Now I was guaranteeing myself death. It was not the dying part that concerned me; it was what would happen to Gerard that was important. But it was too late. I sucked in the frigid air and braced myself for a hard landing complete with cracking backbones. The wind rushed around me as my plunge sped up. Suddenly, it all stopped. I felt no signs of pain, just...calmness. Was this what death felt like? Where was I? Hell? Heaven? My eyes opened with a flicker. I was staring up at Gerard’s pale face. So I was in heaven! The corners of my lips stretched, but only briefly. Then, my ears popped back, and the sound of police cars met my ears.

Gerard set me down from his arms onto the grass, “We gotta leave...now...I pretty sure they saw us...the woods, let’s get into the woods.”

He began running without bothering to wait for a response. I darted after. We stuck to the land behind all the houses. It wouldn’t take the police too long to follow us back here, though. In fact, the barks of German Shepards were even louder than the sirens. It made me want to hide under a bed. I hated those mongrels. The woods were thankfully not too far away. We reached the edge of it in a matter of seconds. We kept running. I wasn’t sure if Gerard knew where exactly he was leading us, but we were in pretty deep. There was no trail anymore and all the noise had died down. The crunching of leaves stopped as the two of us leaned beside separate trees, panting for breath. I slid down to the ground, as did sweat down my face.

Gerard ruffled his own hair and grinned at me, “We made it!” he started to laugh, “We seriously made it! We got away!”

I pulled myself up again with the support of my friend, the tree and breathed loudly, “For how fucking long, Gerard? They’re gonna find us. There’s nowhere to hide...” I gasped for more air, “We’re screwed, Gee, so screwed.”

He remained smiling, “Stop worrying. Frankie, Ray, and me built this little shack thing last summer. It’s nearby. We’ll just hide there for a while. It's no problem. Mikey and I used to sneak out there all the time when we—"

He stopped in mid-sentence and gasped. His eyes were wide as he took little breaths in and out, gripping his tree tightly. I finally realized why. We’d forgotten about Mikey.
Sign up to rate and review this story