Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Roxanna

Deathwish

by xxACoalminexx 7 reviews

More about Nesbit... And I added a little question at the bottom for this chapter. Answer it please?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2008-01-02 - Updated: 2008-01-03 - 1610 words

1Insightful
My feet carried me to the river at a steady pace. I didn’t bother to glance backwards, didn’t expect to see anyone. It was a silent night. Not even the constantly chirping crickets seemed to want to talk to me. There was an eerie atmosphere beginning to set due to the quiet. I hastened. The riverbank was deserted, free from even a single measly toad. I continued to walk, headed towards the water. Anyone watching might have figured I would jump in to drown myself. It was a tempting thought, but no. The whole self-destructive thing wasn’t for me. My footsteps ceased at the very edge, where land met water. I dropped my suitcase and stared down at the river. Moonlight shone down upon the surface. There was no movement beneath its deep murky ripples. I snorted. The only thing that could make this more cliché would be the full moon hiding behind gray storm clouds, surrounding me in darkness.

My legs folded below me as I took a seat on the grass. I closed my eyes and started to go over my plans. The only option was to “confess” to the cops that I killed Old Man Jenkins. That gave me the chance to make up a story about how Gerard ended up there with me. It was a relatively good plan, since I would be the only person punished. I chuckled to myself as soon as that thought ran through my head. Who was I kidding? Under that plan, the only person benefiting would be Gerard. My family would still be in grave danger. As in, they would end up in their graves. It was a lost fucking cause, that’s what it was. At least I could manage to save Gerard. No one in my family seemed to like me much anyway. Maybe Harry was right and they’d do better if Nesbit—

“What the fuck is your problem?!” an angry voice shouted and something hit me across the head lightly.

I stared where the thing had landed beside me. It was a toothbrush. My eyes weaved through the blades of grass to see a pair of feet standing a few yards away. I cursed as my eyes traced the figure up to my assaulter’s face. His beautiful face.

“Gerard...” I whispered and slammed my fist down on the ground, “How’d you find me?”

“You left your toothbrush at my house so I thought I’d do you a fucking favor and drop it off at your house. So I walk all the way there, in the goddamn freezingness, and your brother says you’re not there! And he tells me no one’s even heard from you. I can’t believe you fucking lied to me. If you like me so much, why don’t you want me around, huh? Why are you trying to get rid of me?”

I stared at him for a brief moment. Then, I fell over onto my stomach and began to crawl. I halted when I reached him and rested my head near his foot.

“Gerard, I don’t want you to get hurt. I’ll beg. Don’t stay with me please. Look, I’m at your feet, Gee. I can’t possibly go any lower than this. Just let me go to jail,” I kissed his muddy shoe.

He crouched down and lifted up my chin, “You can’t make me leave so you might as well get up. I’m gonna help you and I don’t care if I die trying.”

I gawked. If his words were rolled up into a ball, it would’ve knocked me over and crushed me in its path. He couldn’t mean it. No one could like me that much. But what had that been in his voice? There was....a slight edge to it, as if it was cracking with emotion. The seriousness of his tone scared me. I switched positions to my knees; pleading wasn’t exactly working out. I stared straight into his eyes. There was a thin coat of anger on the surface. It was easy to break through. All that was left now was defenseless determination...and of course, stupidness since he was being a total moron by telling me he’d die for me. I couldn’t help but be a little happy, though. Selfishness was my most dominant trait.

“Do you mean that?” I asked, with my lips almost touching his.

He moved the extra centimeter, “Yes,” he whispered with his lips against mine softly.

I shifted away almost immediately and turned the embrace into a hug. He held me tightly, grasping my palm. I shut my eyes as my head hung over his shoulder. The guy was willing to risk his life for me. I felt as if I needed to repay him. Somehow.

My mouth started moving before my brain had time to think properly, “I was under the table, screaming my fucking lungs out. I was too stupid to go over there and knock Nesbit off his feet. So you know what I did? I ran away. I ran to my room and hid under the covers. For all I knew, my dad might’ve been dead. But I was scared....terrified... Finally, I worked up the courage to reach for the phone. I dialed 911. And then I was even brave enough to roll off and carry my little ass to the living room. It was empty. All that was left was blood. Well, obviously! I was hiding for maybe fifteen minutes, it was more than enough time for Nesbit to run out. But it was weird. I mean, he took the body and didn’t get rid of the blood. So the cops came, ran their little tests. They had all the proof they needed to know that Nesbit did it, if they looked hard enough. But the bastards, they kept making excuses. I knew why they wouldn’t arrest Nesbit. He was an ex-police officer himself. He was on great terms with the force. And my dad? My dad was a good for nothing druggy. So why’d they wanna help his family over their best pal Will? So they decided it was homocide, yes, but they closed the case before even trying to find out who did it. You get it now? That’s why I’m a fucking criminal. I hate every last cop on the planet. I want to give them a real hard time. I want ‘em all to die a slow painful death, like they all deserve. If they’d just tried enough, my dad...he—” I choked on my words.

Gerard gave my hand another squeeze, “It’s okay Roxanna...once we prove Nesbit killed Old Man Jenkins, we’ll show the cops he shot your dad too. Don’t worry.”

I broke myself away from his arms to look at his face, “There’s more, Gee. After it was decided that my dad was officially dead, it turned out...my dad wasn’t such a good for nothing after all! He used to be a... an artist or something, right? Before he met Helena? And he secretly had a giant stash of cash in the bank from selling his artwork! So our family was really, really rich now. There started the next problem. Nesbit really wanted that money, now. But the only way he’d get it was if he was related to us. So...he decided he wanted to marry my mother. Everyone else in my family were with the police on this one, they didn’t believe that Nesbit shot Dad. So Helena went out with him, right? Against my wishes! Fuck, I needed to do something about it. I mean, if they ended up getting married, I knew what would happen. He couldn’t get the money unless he was the only person left to inherit it. So he’d have to kill everyone in my family. I somehow did some huge crimes—none of which included murder, mind you—so that we’d have to move from state to state. He followed us everywhere. It was creepy. We finally landed in Belleville, and we hadn’t heard from Nesbit for two years. But now....he’s back. And he’s trying to get rid of all of us one by one until just Helena’s left. It’s really dumb, ‘cause my brothers and sister won’t even believe me! They’re all pretty much just asking to be dead. You get how serious this is? We could all die. I want to know Gerard, would you really be willing to die for me? Because it is definitely a possibility.”

He blinked back with his hazel eyes wide and face drained of the little color it had to start with. He was obviously quite shaken now. He surprised me yet again, with his words, “Yeah...I get it...it’s okay....I won’t...I’m still...I’m with you until Nesbit can pry you away from my cold, lifeless hands.”

I laughed grimly, “Your deathwish is my command.”

______________________________


Thank You For The Reviews. Keep 'em coming. If you want more, that is...

EDIT: Okay, so I've been reading this story over, and I'm a little unsure about it. So you tell me... Is this getting totally pointless? Is everyone going totally out of character? Do all the stupid explanations make no sense? Is the writing style really crappy? And should I continue it or just stop here?

Love Much,
Coal
Sign up to rate and review this story