Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Roxanna

God

by xxACoalminexx 4 reviews

Hair-dye, hot Gerard, and cheesiness galore! I just hope the summary doesn't drive you away.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-12-30 - Updated: 2007-12-30 - 1746 words

0Unrated
Mikey, Gerard, and I spent the remainder of the day by the riverbank, skipping rocks. Gerard was quite pissed off at me for not telling him the rest of my story but it was a mild annoyance which I could handle. Before we knew it, it was time to go back to Gerard’s house. In a matter of fifteen-or-so minutes, I was laying upside down on his bed. Gerard was being a nerd and panicking about all the work we had missed in school today, while I remained indifferent. Mikey sat in a chair close by, flipping through a comic book. At least he wasn’t so obsessed over homework.

“Um...so I got down math, history, and English...so that leaves science right? Unless I have French homework too...” he muttered to himself, “Fuck, I probably do...Roxanna, do you take French? Do you have Madame DeGrais?”

I groaned, “Gerard, stop. It’s Friday night. Why don’t we dye our hair now? It’ll be loads more fun than worrying about homework.”

He sighed, “But I don’t wanna fail the eleventh grade!”

“Trust me, you’re not gonna fail. You weren’t even in school today! They won’t care.” I reassured.

“Yeah, well what if they find out we ditched, huh? Then I’ll get detention too!” he blabbered, “Or worse, I’ll be suspended. I don’t want OSS!”

It took quite a lot of convincing until he finally agreed to proceed to the hair-dyeing. I opened my suitcase and dug through the clothes and other miscellaneous junk until I found my collection of hair-dye. I pulled out rust-red for myself and allowed Gerard and Mikey to hunt through to find their own. After five minutes, we all piled into the nearest bathroom. It took a while to teach them how to apply the dye properly, but it was overall a fun experience. After a few hours, we stepped out with brand new hair colors. Mikey and I laughed at how stupid Gerard looked with his long bleached-blonde hair. He got angry and went back into the bathroom to try and fix it. Black-haired Mikey followed to help

I flopped back down on Gerard’s bed. “Nesbit” was the first thing on my mind. I shuddered. There was no way to prove that he killed Old Man Jenkins. He was playing the good guy this time. I carried on to think about what would happen after I got arrested. Helena would be extremely pissed. Well, at least until she found out Nesbit was involved. She could probably put two and two together after that. I couldn’t help but doubt if she would come visit me in juvie hall. Would she apologize for not believing me in the first place? Even if she did, there was nothing much she could do about it. My fate looked completely hopeless. I sighed. I wondered if this was that karma shit everyone was talking about these days. I guessed I kind of sort of deserved it after everything I’d done in my lifetime. But Angel didn’t deserve it. Harry didn’t deserve it. Dan didn’t deserve it. Hell, even Helena didn’t deserve it. Why did they get dragged into this too? Fuck, I hated to admit it but I cared a lot for all of them. It wasn’t fair! I stared up at the ceiling.

“Fuck you, God. Why don’t you ever help me?” I said out loud.

It was not as I expected the ceiling could answer my question, but at least I gave it something to think about. A creaking of a door caused me to sit up with a jolt. Gerard walked in and my jaw dropped. His hair, which used to reach his shoulders, was now cut very, very short. Before, he looked strange as a blond, but now...I was speechless. I noted that he had also put make-up—probably stolen from me—around his eye area. He definitely used up a lot of my eyeliner, from what I could see. But goshdarnit, that boy looked hot. And apparently, he knew it. He flashed me a million-dollar smile, and despite his crooked teeth, I nearly fainted. He ambled over and sat down beside me, still wearing the grin. It was a miracle that I didn’t jump on him.

“So, how do I look?” he asked, as if he didn’t know already.

“Y-you look...you look...fuck, you look...” I took a deep breath, “You look okay, Gerard.”

He smirked, “Just okay?”

I gripped the edge of the bed and smiled calmly, “Yeah. Just okay.”

“Oh...” he ruffled his own hair and tilted his head to give me a look.

I wasn’t sure what exactly about that little glance that totally threw me off. Maybe it was the way his eyes were shining, the golden specks glinting, standing out more than ever before. It could have been his adorable little nose, resting right there between his perfectly balanced face. Or just the way he held his head, in that sideways position. It didn’t matter what it was, though. The only important thing, as I stared longingly at that beautiful creature, was that I couldn’t do it. I couldn’t let him get involved in this shit with Nesbit, even if he wanted to. It could get him killed. And I couldn’t possibly live with myself if something happened to him. Because I...liked him? Loved him? Whatever it was, I decided that if he wouldn’t butt out of this, I’d have to make him. So I gulped down the giant lump in my throat and did what I could do best. I lied.

“Uh...yeah. So while you were gone, I called my mother, right? To tell her about Nesbit? And I guess she felt bad about it or something cause she told me I could go back home. She said she’d get me a lawyer and fix this whole thing up, at least the Old Man Jenkins part. So I won’t need to stay here anymore. You can have your bed back. And you don’t need to worry about the whole mess either. Isn’t that great?” I forced myself to grin widely.

His perfect dark eyebrows furrowed in an expression of distress, “So you’re leaving?”

I nodded, “I should probably start packing my stuff now.”

“Okay, sure,” he sounded like he had more to say but he smiled his flawlessly crooked smile.

I gazed wistfully for a few more seconds and then stood up to do what I had said. I didn’t bother to be tidy as I threw all my belongings into my suitcase. I just wanted to get out of here, far away from Gerard’s hazel eyes. He was making this whole good-bye scene very difficult by looking all cute on his bed, where I had left him. Once my wide assortment of mostly useless crap was all packed up, I walked down the stairs with Gerard tagging along. We were out the door in a few minutes. The two of us walked wordlessly in the chill, the only sounds being our footsteps. The silence was screaming in my ear, simply refusing to let my heart beat at a regular pace. I tried to think of other things, to keep my mind off of the loud thudding against my chest. My eyes wandered over to Gerard. I suddenly thought of something. It was not as if I was actually going home. Gerard obviously wouldn’t just drop me off near the river, where I planned to go, and remain unsuspicious when I didn’t walk to my house. I stopped in my tracks.

“Gerard, don’t walk me home,” I said, grabbing his arm.

He stared at where I was holding him. His eyes slowly trailed up to my face, “Why not?”

I hurried to think of a good excuse, “Um...Helena’s gonna get on her overprotective-parent role. She’ll freak if she sees a guy with me.”

In the moonlight, I could see an eyebrow go up, “Why? Haven’t you had like a...million boyfriends? Isn’t she used to it?”

“No, she’s never met any of my boyfriends in person. She’s just heard stories,” I answered honestly, for once.

His foot kicked the ground, “Oh...okay, then. I guess...this is it, huh? Come Monday, everything will be back to normal? You’ll be all popular again and I’ll be...invisible?”

I grasped his sleeve, “No way...Look, I’m gonna be all emotional now, okay? I hope you know that this is a very, very, very rare occasion! I really like you. I like you like I’ve never liked anyone before. It’s like it’s not just lust that I feel for you. I’ve known you for like, four days but goddamn it, I can’t get you off my mind. And anyway, you could never be invisible with that brand new look of yours. I was lying earlier when I said it was just okay. It looks fucking amazing!”

He laughed slightly and moved his head closer to mine. His lips parted as we began to kiss. I wanted to hold on forever and ever (and ever), but I gently pushed myself away from him. We stared awkwardly for a while.

“Roxanna, before you leave, can you tell me something?”

“Depends,” I replied, “What is it?”

“What happened after Nesbit shot your dad?” he asked the question I had been predicting.

I sighed, “Gerard...no...I can’t...I just...no...”

“Okay then...I guess...I’ll see you around,” he waved.

I managed to smile, “Yeah...”

He turned around quietly. His figure grew small and blurry as the minutes passed. I automatically reached into my pocket, searching for a cigarette to comfort me. Obviously, I found none, no comfort. All I could do now was spin around and walk. So I walked.
_________________________

Merci pour les venin...eh...revue.

In case anyone forgot how our beautiful pixie-like blond Gerard Way looked like, here’s a picture: http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x125/xxFallOutGrrlxx/blonde-pixie.jpg

Tell me if this chapter made any sense at all. The time here in New Jers-ay is now 3:41 AM. I'm just a tad bit on the dazed side.
Sign up to rate and review this story