Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Roxanna

Dad

by xxACoalminexx 5 reviews

A little about Nesbit.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2007-12-27 - Updated: 2007-12-27 - 920 words

0Unrated
I froze in place and stared at him blankly. My eyes wandered over to Mikey, who was also watching me expectantly. There was no way I’d say anything if he was here. The kid was too young, too innocent to get into this kind of crap. I looked back and Gerard and shrugged.

He sighed and turned to Mikey, “Could you dump gun in the river and wait for us there?”

“But that’s not fair!” Mikey whined, “I wanna know who Nesbit is too!”

“Please, Mikes? I’ll do your chores for a week,” Gerard offered.

His brother considered this, “Two weeks.”

"One week and I'll let you borrow my comics," Gerard negotiated.

"Deal," Mikey agreed.

I tossed him the gun, and off he went. Gerard waited, not moving his gaze away from me. I fidgeted uncomfortably, “I can’t tell you,”

“And why not?”

I shoved my hands into my pockets, “I’ve never told anyone.”

“But you can trust me...I promise,” he took my hand in his and gave it a warm squeeze.

I drew it away quickly, “Look, you don’t need to know who Nesbit is. It’s not important. All that matters is that I know he did it and there’s no way to prove it. The only thing we can do now is stall and hope they take a really long time to match my fingerprints.”

He gripped my arm tightly, “We can't just give up like that. How am I supposed to help you unless I know more about Nesbit?”

I shrugged, “I guess we're screwed.”

He dropped my arm roughly, “Fine.”

He turned his back on me and marched in a gruff motion towards the river. I stared at him for a few seconds. He seemed genuinely angry.

I quickly ran after him and grabbed his shoulder, “Wait. Gerard. Don’t be mad.”

He spun around and glared at me, “How can I not be mad? You don’t fucking trust me.”

I ran my fingers back through my hair, “I do, I do, I do. I trust you more than I trust myself, if that even makes any fucking sense. You just don’t understand. I don’t want you or Mikey to get involved in this shit, okay?”

He blinked, “We’re already involved in this. And since when do you care about anyone but yourself, huh? What happened to that selfish, egotistic brat you used to be?”

I rolled my eyes until they reached my feet. I didn’t look up from my shoes when I spoke, “Tell me the truth, Gerard Way, do you fucking want her back, ?”

He sighed, “No. Not in a million years. But just... please tell me who Nesbit is. Pretty please?” His hazel eyes widened and his bottom lip curled out into a pout.

I groaned, giving up, “You think you’re so goddamn cute, don’t you? Well, fine you motherfucker. I’ll tell you. Nesbit was my dad’s best friend. Until once upon a time in a little place called Florida, three years ago. Helena—my mom—and my brothers and sister were out shopping. It was just me, Dad, and Nesbit at home. They were playing cards and they were both really drunk. After a while, Nesbit got all pissed off at my dad because he was winning. He pulled out a gun and threatened to shoot. My dad started laughing his ass off, for some reason, which made Nesbit even angrier. So he shot and my dad dropped to the floor. I was watching them from under the dining table. I screamed. Nesbit laughed. And we all lived unhappily ever after. The end. Story time’s over, Gerard. Let’s go.”

I started towards the river with my head buzzing. I didn’t want tell him the rest. Hell, I didn’t even want to remember the rest of it. Of course, Gerard couldn’t leave it that way. His arms wrapped around me from behind.

“Rox...what happened next?” he asked into my ear.

“Nothing. Me and my family moved to Belleville,” I struggled to break free.

“But why?” he held me tighter.

I stopped squirming, “Why don’t you fucking leave me alone? It’s none of your business.”

“Then I’m making it my business. I’m not letting you go until you tell me the rest.”

I started to wriggle around again but his grasp was too strong. I sighed, “I didn’t want to have to do this, Gee,” I elbowed him in the stomach.

He groaned and staggered backwards. He tripped over his own feet and landed on his back on the concrete sidewalk. I gave him an apologetic look and offered him my hand. Instead of pulling himself up, he pulled me down on top of him. Our foreheads bumped against each other but I barely noticed the pain because our lips had met as well. My eyes shut as he deepened the kiss. We rolled over so that Gerard was on top of me. He moved his head up away from mine. I let out a small whimper, wanting him back.

He leaned in close again, stopping only centimeters away, “Now are you going to tell me what happened after Nesbit shot your dad?”

I chewed on my lip, “No. I'm sorry, Gerard. Let’s go now. Mikey’s probably getting annoyed.”

He closed his eyes and let out a short outtake of exasperated breath, “Fine.”
Sign up to rate and review this story