Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > 30 Kisses

Our own world (kiss #8)

by kirayasha 0 reviews

A series of related short stories based on Live Journal's 30 Kisses

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Other - Published: 2006-01-27 - Updated: 2006-01-27 - 1156 words

0Unrated
Our own world (kiss #8) Our own world (kiss #8)

By kira


Author's notes: More Live Journal kisses that are based on my fic "Moonlight" featuring Inutaisho and Izayoi...


It was said that every pair of lovers had their own little world and Inutaisho and Izayoi were no different. A look here, a word spoken there, all of it so innocent on the surface and yet, it was so full of meaning that only they knew. Or at least they had thought they were the only ones who knew the true meaning of a casual touch, a chance meeting in the far garden, a song sung to while away the hours./ She/ knew and she knew it all too well.

The okugata-sama lived in her own little world as well. It was a private hell of loss and longing, where a simple kiss would get her hopes up only to see them dashed like the waves upon beach where she stood, watching her young son chase the seagulls along the shore. She felt a gentle touch upon her arm and she turned to face her dear friend Atsuimi-hime and smiled. Atsuimi-hime understood the pain of longing associated with loving someone who did not love you back with all their heart and soul.

Atsuimi understood it far too well for she also lived in her own little world. It was a place where she could openly love the okugata-sama, a world where men were objects to be bought and sold and only used when needed for breeding. It was above all, a world in which the okugata-sama was happy. Smiling at her friend, Atsuimi wished with all her heart the okugata-sama had listened to her when she had warned her against falling in love with Inutaisho. But the man conquered her friend's heart just as easily as he had conquered her father's lands and with just as little regard to the consequences.

Sesshomaru was playing happily in his own little world. In it he was a great warrior like his father, conquering all that he could see for thousands of ri all around him. Picking up and throwing a couple of broken shells, he battled the ferocious "gull demons" who threatened his "castle." The fact that he had stepped all over his castle and flattened it into the mound of sand it had once been, did not worry him in the least as he figured he could always build another one. When the seagulls flew away to a less bothersome spot on the beach he turned his attention to his mother. Picking up the largest of the shells he had found, he rushed over to bring it to her, for there something about the look of sadness on her face that troubled the young waka-sama.

Izayoi walked along the beach, trailing happily behind Inutaisho as they hunted for shells. She was also caught up in her own little world and it was a happy one. In it she lived peacefully by her lord and lover's side, happily sharing him with his wife without the shadow of jealousy tainting the relationship. No one would look down on her for being a mere human and whatever hanyou children she would be lucky to bear would be loved and respected. The fifteen year old girl found her world very easy to believe in, especially when Inutaisho would smile at her like he was now.

Inutaisho also walked along in his own little world. There he was safely alone with Izayoi; free to lavish the affection on her that he felt he had to keep hidden from the rest of his court. He took her by the hand and led her to the privacy of the dunes.

But worlds have a way of colliding when least expected and these were no different. Just then Sesshomaru noticed the gulls' return. Racing over to them, he laughed when they scattered, cawing angrily at him as they once again took flight. The waka-sama, looking around for something else to do, spotted his father and the human girl as they walked towards the windswept dunes. He gave a quick glance at his mother to see what she was doing and satisfied that she was busy with her friend, he took off in the direction of his father and the girl.

In the space of a heartbeat those worlds collided when Sesshomaru saw the girl stumble and his father caught her deftly in his arms before pulling her close and kissing her.

"Chichi-ue, what's the matter with Ningen-hime? Is she hurt?" he asked as he ran over to them. In his innocence, Sesshomaru brought everyone's attention to the one place it was not wanted and Izayoi started to cry. "Why's she crying?"

"She hurt her foot and I think we should go back, Sessho-chan," Inutaisho said as he picked Izayoi up.

"Hai," the six year old prince said and it was clear from his tone that he was not happy to be going back. "Chichi-ue, what if you kissed her foot; that would make it all better, ne?"

"Hai, it probably would, Sessho-chan," his mother said as she came up behind him, "but it's not seemly for your father to be doing things like that." The okugata-sama gave her husband a pointed look.

"Oh..." Sesshomaru shrugged. "Let's go." He could feel the waves of tension coming off his parents and to a less degree the girl and it puzzled him. Kisses meant nothing to him other than affection between his parents and himself, magic medicine to cure bumps and scraps, and stupid stuff that the women of the court did when they entertained an important guest at some long drawn out boring dinner.

They walked along the beach towards the direction of the palace. Once they were home, Izayoi's foot was looked at by the old healer, Baba-chan, and with instructions to stay off it for the rest of the day. Izayoi was then left to retreat back into the familiar confines of her own little world, while Atsuimi-hime sighed and returned back to hers, happy that the okugata-sama found a little piece of heaven in her hell. Sesshomaru excitedly took off in the direction of his foster brother, Keiich's rooms, full of tales about his afternoon on the beach and a handful of broken shells stuffed in his heko sash for him, his own little world forgotten in favor of reality.

Inutaisho gathered his wife in his arms and kissed her as he begged for forgiveness. He knew he would not have to beg for very long, in fact, as soon as they words left his mouth, the okugata-sama forgave him like she always did. Grabbing her hand, he turned and ushered her down the maze of secret corridors that led to his rooms; both caught up in their own private world, a world where they were young again and Izayoi was nothing more than distance dream...



Sign up to rate and review this story