Categories > Cartoons > Teen Titans > Pieces of the Grayson Puzzle

Solved

by jcyz 0 reviews

Secrets are revealed

Category: Teen Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Robin - Published: 2008-01-14 - Updated: 2008-01-15 - 4920 words

0Unrated
Long chapter! Hope you enjoy please read and review. Any ideas will be helpful!

Alan-Aqualad, Toni-Argent

Disclamier- pshhh you know this


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Finally we are home,” Beast Boy shouted as he jumped out of the T-car and ran to the ops room to play video games. Starfire and Jamie laughed while Raven rolled her eyes and grabbed her book out of the car.

“It is good to be home,” Starfire said while grabbing Robin’s hand. Jamie smiled at the happy couple and remembered she had to meet Xavier at the park.

“I got to go,” she declared slipping on her rings and grabbing her helmet before walking towards her bike. Robin turned and looked at her about to tell her no but he realized that she needed to have some fun especially after what she had been through.

“Be back by dinner,” he muttered before walking into the tower. Jamie surprised by his answer, jumped on her motorcycle and quickly rode off before he changed his mind.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She parked her cycle and walked towards the bench, she smiled when she saw Xavier sitting on the bench waiting for her.

“Hey,” she said as Xavier got up and engulfed her in a hug. Her heart was pounding this was the moment of truth; she was going to tell him her secret besides he probably already knew. “I have to tell you something important. You might want to sit down,” he looked at her suspiciously before taking a seat, “well I think you may already know but I can’t keep this any longer especially from my best friend. I’m” she paused before taking a deep breath, “I’m Jamie Grayson.” she slipped the rings off her finger. Xavier smirked as he watched her brown hair and chocolate eyes turn to ebony hair and ocean blue eyes. He stood up and looked into her eyes.

“I know,” he whispered as she smiled. She slipped her rings back on and the two sat back on the bench.

“I really wanted to tell you,” she began to explain, “but I moved so I could be safer. You saw what happened at the party. I’m sorry.” she looked down at the ground shuffling her feet.

“Hey,” he cupped his hand around her chin and lifter her face up so that their eyes met, “you don’t have to be sorry. I understand.” She smiled her eyes filled with happiness.

“Come on let’s get something to eat,” he helped her up from the bench and they began towards his car.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Come on Jamie I could just drop you off at home,” X whined as they neared the park, “I mean it’s not like I haven’t seen big house before.” He had always wonder why Jamie would not let him see her house but not that he knew she was Jamie Grayson he saw no reason for her not to show him where she lived.

“But what about my bike,” she argued as the car stopped near her bike. He sighed; he had forgotten about that, “Next time?” he asked as she opened the car door. She leaned over and kissed him on the cheek. “Maybe,” she said with a wink before closing the door and hoping on her bike.

Jamie parked her bike in the garage and made her way to the ops room with an extra bounce in her step.

“Have a good time,” Robin, question noticing she was a bit perkier than when she left.

“Yeah I did,” she smiled thinking about the good time, “I even told him----,” she was interrupted when the alarm went off.

“Robin its Slade,” Cyborg turned and looked at him grimly. Robin took a breath trying to not to keep his cool.

“Titans let’s go,” he ordered as the team took off leaving Jamie alone.

“The bad guys have great time,” she huffed making her way to her room.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“I’ve been waiting for you,” Slade sneered as he looked at his opponent, “It’s nice to meet you.”

“I’d be lying if I said it was the same,” Sparrow growled getting into fighting stance.

“We don’t have to fight,” Slade, offered staring into her mask, “I just want to propose something.”

“What?” she hissed still in fighting stance. The titans had just finished fighting the robots that had ambushed them in the other room and ran to the room surprised to see Sparrow had gotten there; they went to enter but noticed every door sealed shut.

“Get this door opened,” Robin ordered hoping that Sparrow would be all right but he knew that the door had to open quickly or she would be hurt or tricked.

“Great of you to drop in Titans, I am glad you can join us but I am going to need you to stay out of this,” he said without taking his eyes off of Sparrow, “Now my proposal my dear, I want you to be my new apprentice. Think about it, I can train you to be the best. Together we would be feared and have power.” The room became quieter all eyes on Sparrow. She lowered her arms and smiled as she walked towards Slade. The titans eyes widened in horror. She held out her arm for Slade to shake, he accepted.

“Never,” she whispered as kicked him in the stomach and flipped back to her original spotted. Slade growled as he charged her. She flipped away but Slade grabbed her and threw her. She hit the wall groaning in pain but stood back up and charged Slade. Sparrow punched him but he blocked it; he went to kick her but she blocked it.

“It seems we are evenly matched,” Slade said getting ready to attack once again, “but I play dirty.” He threw a gas bomb at her; she coughed as she tried to find him through the gas. Slade grabbed her arm and twisted it. He released her; she stumbled still lost in the gas. The titans watched helplessly trying to open the door there was nothing they could do but they watched her until they opened the door. Sparrow’s world became fuzzy as the gas began to take it’s affect on her. Suddenly she felt something hit her in the head.

“Until next time, think about it Sparrow,” Slade said as Sparrow hit the ground and he disappeared. The mask was burning her eyes, the gas seemed to be caught in the fabric and instead of keeping it out of her eyes, and it was putting it directly in her eyes. She pulled off her mask and closed her eyes as the titans blew one of the doors open.

“Sparrow,” Robin shouted as he ran over to her. Her eyes fluttered open a bit at the sound of noise.

“Those eyes,” he whispered before she past out again. Robin quickly picked her up and ran towards the other titans, “We need to get her to the med ward fast,” they ran out the door and carefully put her in the T-car. It sped through the streets until it finally reached the tower. They ran into the tower with the girl still in Robin’s arms.

“What’s going on,” Jamie asked after hearing the noise she ran from her room.

“Sparrow is hurt,” Beast Boy replied sadly as Cyborg and Robin ran to the med ward.

“Oh,” she said with a little surprise in her voice, “I should go help them.”


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She quickly made her way up to the med ward. She peered in the door to see that Starfire had dress Sparrow in a hospital gown, Cyborg was checking her vitals, and Robin was rummaging through Sparrow’s utility belt.

“Come in,” Robin growled as he continued to search. Jamie quietly entered keeping her eyes on Robin.

“Man, are you sure you should be doing that,” Cyborg asked, wondering why Robin did not care that he was invading her privacy. Robin pretended not to hear and continued searching.

“Found it,” he held up a small blue remote.

“Busted,” Jamie, muttered before Robin hit the off button and her eyes closed.

“What is the wrong with Jamie?” Starfire asked looking at Jamie who stood perfectly still with her eyes closed.

“That’s not Jamie,” Robin explained tossing the remote to Cyborg, “That’s Jamie.” he pointed to Sparrow.

“This is advance,” Cyborg looked at the remote closely and then the fake Jamie.

“What is it?” Starfire questioned still confused about what was going on.

“It’s a robot,” Cyborg explained, “but it more like a clone. See it has a sensor based on Jamie’s brain so that when you talk to it or do something with it, it will respond as Jamie really would. I can’t believe she did this, it looks so real.” Starfire walked over to the robot and began looking at it with Cyborg.

“Jamie, why would you do this?” Robin murmured as he pulled up a chair next to her bed and held her hand.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beep beep, Jamie woke up to the noise. Her eyes slowly opened and adjusted to the light. Jamie panicked remembering what happened last night. Her hand quickly flew to her mask but it was not there. She spotted her costume across the room but also saw the robot.
“I am in so much trouble,” she thought as she tried to lift herself up. Pain hit her as she let out a groan and laid back down. Robin woke up from his sleep and saw Jamie her eyes filled with pain.

“Glad to see you’re awake,” she muttered.

“You sprained your right arm, bruised a couple ribs, and have a mild concussion,” he explained his eyes looked like he concern but his voice sound otherwise. “Why did you do this Jamie?” his voice began to fill with anger.

“The same reason you do it. To help people,” she answered her voice confident.

“I told you not to,” he argued, “you could be hurt even worse then this.”

“I am willing to take that risk,” she sighed, “When I am out there I feel such a rush, I know you feel it too Richard. It reminds me of performing.”

“So perform,” he snapped, “do something where you don’t have the possibility of being killed.”

“Being Sparrow means I can stop criminal,” she explained, “so that innocent people don’t get hurt, so kids don’t lose their parents.” She looked and stared into his mask, her eyes filled with courage.

“I am not going to stop you, am I?” he said with a chuckle.

“Nope,” she smirked knowing her brother felt the same way about being Robin as she did being Sparrow.

“Fine, but from now on you only fight with the titans,” he paused as her smile grew, “so I could keep an eye on you. But you have to complete the obstacle course first and beat my time.”

“Easy,” she replied with a grin, “When can I start?”

“When your better and no sooner,” he added as she sighed. Robin knew that Jamie could be as stubborn as he was, and she would start training as soon as she could stand.

“Fine,” she looked up at the ceiling wishing the pain would go away.

“I’ll go get you something to eat,” Robin quickly left the room leaving Jamie alone. She waited until she was positive she was gone. Jamie pushed herself up ignoring the shooting pain and made her way towards her uniform. She picked it up searching for something, opening her utility belt and taking out her cell phone. Jamie slowly made her way back to the bed; she sighed as she laid back down and quickly dialed the number.

“Hello,” a deep voice answered. She took a deep breath before starting suddenly becoming a bit nervous.

“Hi, it’s me Bruce. I have to tell you something, so please don’t interrupt.” she paused before beginning again, “I’ve become the super hero Sparrow,” she could just feel his stare over the phone. “I did it behind Richard’s back.” Jamie finished waiting for Bruce to say something but there was just silence. “Um ok I am done you can say something,” she said knowing he was giving her, his famous You-Are-So-In-Trouble glare.

“Is Richard still training you?” he asked sternly.

“Yes,” she replied.

“You will come home once a month to train with me,” he explained to her while she smirked on the other end. She knew this meant that he wasn’t mad but Jamie knew that he would be hard on her, perhaps even harder than Richard would be on her.

“Ok,” Jamie had joined in the crusade and now she knew there was not turning back.

“Get better soon,” he voice filled with worry.

“How did you,” she stopped; this was the greatest detective in the world who was talking to her.

“Thanks Bruce, bye” she hung up the phone and smiled. This was the beginning of something new.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few weeks later

Sparrow flipped over the robot as the laser beam followed her hitting the robot. She ran towards the end hitting the shooter with her bo staff. The end was in her reach, Sparrow looked up to the time, and she only had thirty seconds to beat Robin’s time. Ten robots surround her only; she was only a couple feet away from the exit. She smiled kicking one in the stomach as she pulled out her bo staff yet again and hit the nine in the head smashing them apart. She sprinted to the end and looked up only took her ten seconds to beat the robots.

“That was easy,” she chuckled as Robin tossed her a water bottle. Robin sighed as she took a big gulp.

“Don’t be so cocky,” he told her, “it will only hurt you.”

“Look whose talking,” she muttered with an eye roll as she walked back into the tower.

“I heard that,” Robin shouted after her. He could hear her giggle as she now ran to the tower. Robin began his way back too, hoping that the alarm would not ring today or ever again for that fact because when it did ring Sparrow, Jamie, would make her first appearance with the Titans and it scared the heck out of him. He promised himself that when Jamie wore her costume that she would be just like another teammate and not his little sister. Just as he entered the tower, the alarm rang; he stood still for a moment as he watched the other Titans come out of the tower. Sparrow ran past him, she turned around and noticed he wasn’t moving “Coming?” she asked with a grin. He smiled, nodded and ran to the cycles with her.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Plasmus swung his arms wildly hitting everything he could. He roared out in anger grabbing cars and throwing them.

“I can give you six reasons to stop,” a voice bellowed. Plasmus turned around trying to find the source of the sound.

“ONE,” Beast Boy shouted as he morphed into a bear and pounced on Plasmus causing him to stumble a bit

“TWO,” Starfire yelled as she shot a storm of starbolts at him

“Three,” Raven said before hitting him with a lamp post and car engulfed in black energy

“FOUR,” Cyborg screamed as he hit Plasmus with his sonic cannon

“FIVE,” Robin hollered as he threw explosive disks.

“SIX,” Sparrow cried as she flipped in the air throwing freeze disks at him. Plasmus was stunned from the combination and the Titans thought they won but he roared as his goo flew all over.

“Dude, gross,” Beast Boy exclaimed covered in goo from head to toe. He morphed into a dog and shook it off. Raven sighed as she was hit with Beast Boy’s goo before slapping him behind the head.

“What was that for?” he asked as he rubbed his head.

“Idiot,” she muttered, her attention turned back to Plasmus.

“Sonic boom,” Cyborg asked Robin who looked at Sparrow and smiled.

“We got the boom,” the said and the same time. Cyborg nodded as the two began charging Plasmus. Cyborg shot the cannon and the two flipped over it each throwing a disk. They landed as goo and dust flew everywhere when it settled a sleeping man laid where Plasmus once was.

“Time to celebrate,” Beast Boy asked, the others all covered in goop turned at glared at him, “Maybe later,” he laughed.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After a nice long shower the Titans were enjoying pizza at the tower.

“Dude, that was so awesome! When you were like pow and she was like woosh. And Raven was like eww and I was Dudes. And when Cyborg was like BOOM,” Beast Boy began reenacting the fight as the others laughed minus Raven who was reading.

“So Jamie what did you think of your first mission?” Cyborg asked while Beast Boy continued to talk.

“Well I think I like working alone,” she informed them, Beast Boy stopped what he was doing and his mouth dropped.

“What?” he shouted as the others waited for an explanation.

“I never got hit with goo when I worked alone,” she giggled. The other titans laughed as they threw pizza at her.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She hid behind a tree hoping he wouldn’t find her. Jamie peeked around the tree and saw no one was there. She took a breath of relief as she turned back around.

“Boo,” he said causing her to jump before picking her up and spinning her around.

“X stop I’m getting dizzy,” she said through her giggles, he slowly stopped spinning her but did not put her down.

“That’s what you get for telling Katy where I was,” he replied while she laughed. Katy was a Kitten wanna be but she loved Xavier. Her high-pitched voice was one that hurt even dogs with her bleach blonde hair and nose job, every guy at JCHS stayed clear of her but she thought she was hot stuff.

“How was I suppose to know you were hiding,” she asked innocently while smiling. He smiled as he stared into her eyes. Everything around them seemed to freeze as he leaned in for a kiss.

“OHH XAVIER,” her voice trilled causing him to stop and groan as Katy ran up to them. He gently placed Jamie down as she tried to suppress her giggles. “There you are I’ve been looking everywhere for you.” She looked at him seductively. He gulped as Jamie laughed.

“Katy, we have been over this,” he scratched the back of his head; “I don’t like you.”

“Is it because of her,” she sneered pointing to Jamie, “because I heard that she works a corner.”

Jamie plastered a fake smile on her face, “Katy, how did your surgery go,” Katy looked at her confused, “Because you might want a refund, your boobs are starting to droop.” Xavier laughed as Katy growled.

“Jamie, your hair is so cute. Is your hair stylist blind?” Katy replied with a giggle and a smile. Xavier took a step away knowing this would get ugly.

“Katy I love your lipstick. What’s it called Desperate?” Jamie grinned as Katy glared at her.

“Really, tell your brother that he has just been named costumer of the month at the bar,”

“That’s it,” Jamie charged at Katy and was an inch from punching her in the face when Xavier grabbed her.

“Katy leave,” Xavier warned her as he held Jamie back.

“But you and me should be together,” she whined not caring about Jamie.

“No,” both Xavier and Katy looked at Jamie, “you can’t have him because he’s mine.” He turned around and kissed Xavier like there was no tomorrow. They continued to kiss until they heard Katy storm away. Jamie stopped and smiled at Katy leaving.

“Wow,” Xavier muttered as he caught his breath.

“Well I have been waiting for you to make the first move,” Jamie replied with a grin.

“Wait you know I like you,” he said as his eyes widened.

“Nope,” she giggled, “but now I do.” He smacked his head and groaned at his stupidity. She got on her tiptoes and whispered into his ear, “But I like you too.” Jamie slipped off her holo-rings letting her blue eyes shine as they stared into his red-brown eyes. Before he leaned in and kissed her.

“How is this going to work,” he asked as they parted from the kiss, “I can’t go out with Jamie Logan and Jamie Grayson.”

“Well,” she replied, “I decided to go back to school as Jamie Grayson.”

“But what about all the fans and people after you,” he reminded her.

“Well now I have you to protect me,” she answered flashing him her famous smile. He picked her up and held her.

“I’ll make sure nothing happens,” he promised into her ear before kissing her cheek.

“I know,” she snuggled into his chest.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Hey baby what’s wrong,” she asked seeing Roy sitting on the edge of the bed with his head down as he looked at something in his hand. She moved over to him and wrapped her arms around his chest, trying to see what he was looking at but it was too dark.

“Nothing,” he muttered getting up and walking to his drawer dropping something into it, “just go back to sleep.” He laid back down on his back with her head on his chest. She woke up in the morning to an empty bed.

“It must be Sunday,” Jade, concluded as she got up and threw on her clothes. Whenever Jade spent the weekend with him, Roy was always gone on Sunday and she would let herself out of the apartment. She past the dresser where Roy had put something in last night, curiosity got the best of her as she opened it. Jade frowned at what she saw inside and quickly closed it before leaving. Inside was a picture of Jamie and Roy looking into each other’s eyes as the snow fell around them and on top of the picture was an arrow pendant.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Xavier got out of his car and hurried to the passenger side. He opened the door and helped Jamie out.

“She looks perfect,” he thought as he held her hand. She was wearing a three quarters sleeved red dress that had a low v-neck collar with a dark blue cami underneath and a pair of black flats. Her black hair pulled into a messy bun. Jamie also had her J-necklace, charm bracelet, and blue ring. At the moment, she was wearing a pair of sunglasses but knew she would shed them when they entered school.

“He looks great,” she thought as they headed towards the door. He wore a pair of dark jeans with a black t-shirt and a beat up brown leather jacket. Xavier’s eyes filled with happiness and excitement. Today was the day; everyone at school knew that he had finally gotten Jamie. They stopped right before they opened the door.

“Ready,” he asked as he kissed her on the cheek. She took a deep breath and nodded before slipping off her sunglasses. Xavier opened the door for her. She walked in and all eyes were on her.

“Isn’t that Jamie Grayson,” whispers were heard all through the halls. Jamie looked a bit nervous until she felt a strong hand grab her from behind.

“Xavier and Jamie a couple,” more people stared as the couple made their way to their first class. Her blue eyes shinning in the morning light as if they were calling boys to her but his brown-red eyes flashed dangerously warning boys to stay away. Katy stood in front of the couple.

“So little miss perfect is really little miss heiress,” she scoffed glaring at Jamie, secretly jealous of her beauty.

“No,” Xavier told her looking at Jamie and smiling, “she is little Mrs. Redd.” She smiled at X as the two continued down the hall leaving a baffled Katy behind.

“So, you two are together,” Jordon, one of their good friends, asked as they entered homeroom, they nodded as Xavier grabbed Jamie’s waist and she blushed a little.

“Finally,” he said, the two began laugh as the bell rang and the teacher walked in.

“I am glad to see that you two are finally together but will you two please sit down,” Mrs. Kal said as they separated. Jamie and Xavier, who were now blushing, sat down.

“Why did it take us so long?” Xavier questioned Jamie.

“Well because I had a boyfriend then I got attacked,” she explained with a giggle.

“Right,” Xavier smirked back at her. The two made sure the teacher wasn’t watching as they kissed.

“It’s about time,” the class including the teacher said causing them to separate and blush.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jamie ran when she was happy with her speed she started her back spring. She did an Arabian cartwheel before flipping in the air and landing in front of Robin.

“Good warm up,” Robin stated as he tossed her a water bottle. She groaned before taking a sip. Ever since Sparrow had joined, the Titans Robin went psycho with her training.

“Work on your flip kick combination,” he ordered as she ran on the mat building up her speed. She flipped in the air, right before she hit a kick before landing.

“Just go work on the bag,” he pointed to the punching bag as she sighed and walked over.

“Jamie,” he asked watching her punch and kick the bag.

“Yeah,” she said taking a break and turned to him.

“Well, the team set you up on a blind,” he explained while scratching her head, “they thought you would have fun.”

“That’s nice but I am seeing someone,” she responded taking a step back waiting for him to blow up.

“Well did he ask you to be his girlfriend?”

“No,” she answered confused at what he was going at.

“So then you can go on the blind date,” he clarified, “the team went through a lot of trouble and want to see you happy.” She pouted as he heaved a sigh, “If you do this then you don’t have to train tomorrow.” He compromised while she grinned and nodded.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jamie slipped on her white dress, as she prepared for the night. Surprisingly Xavier wasn’t upset, he actually said he understood but she could hear the tinge of jealously in his voice. She put her jewelry on and slipped on her white heels. Her hair was in soft curls and she only wore a red lipstick, light blue eye shadow, and light pink blush. She grabbed her small white clutch and walked out to the ops room.

Jamie walked in and noticed a tall guy with long black hair talking to the team.

“Oh, Jamie” Starfire said as she entered the room. The boy turned around and flashed her a smile. He had a swimmer’s body and dulled blue eyes.

“Hi, I’m Alan,” he stuck out his hand.

“Jamie,” she gave him a polite smile. The other teens grinned happy with the match.

“We should get going,” Alan said as he offered his arm to her. She accepted and the two headed to the door.

“Why are you so calm,” Cyborg asked Robin who was smiling at the couple.

“Because Alan is a gentleman,” he replied, “he won’t make a move on her.”


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“So what do you like to do,” Alan asked Jamie who was eyeing the dance floor. He had taken Jamie to Monarch, a local dance club.

“I like to dance,” she answered with a grin, “let’s go.” She led him to the dance floor. Jamie swayed with the beat gracefully as did Alan but they did not look right dancing together. An arm appeared behind Jamie, she jumped as it touched her shoulder.

“Hey Jamie,” Xavier said pulling her towards him, “want to dance?”

“But what about Alan,” she hissed in his ear. He spun her around and she saw Alan dancing with a girl, who had long black and red hair.

“I found him Toni,” he replied as he guided her outside. He opened the car door and helped her in.

“So where are we going,” she asked as he hopped into the car and started the engine.

“Surprise,” he answered while she pouted.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He put his hands over her eyes leading her to the location.

“I know where we are,” she giggled; Jamie heard the ocean waves and smelled the air. Xavier chuckled as he moved his hands away revealing the sun setting. He held her waist and rested his head on her shoulder as the reds, oranges, and yellow painted the sky.

“Jamie,” she asked as he spun her around, “will you be my girlfriend?” She looked into his eyes and leaned in to kiss him. The two parted from their kiss smiling. Xavier placed his hand in his pocket and pulled something out. It was a necklace, with a red X pendant lined in black.

“It’s beautiful,” she gasped as he put it around her neck. The two stood and watched as the sun continued to set their hands interlocked.
Sign up to rate and review this story