Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Merci Pour Le Frerard

Why Don't You Return My Calls?

by -Shiisha- 7 reviews

I spent 90% time sleeping, 5% eating, 5% showering and the remaining 5% actually trying to interact with Gerard. Did I ever mention how I failed year 12 math?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2008-01-16 - Updated: 2008-01-16 - 1306 words

1Ambiance
The next few days between Gerard and I were really awkward. As much as I tried to act normal around him, he’d brush me off like dirt on his pants. I didn’t have a clue why though. Well it probably didn’t help that for the most part, I spent 90% time sleeping, 5% eating, 5% showering and the remaining 5% actually trying to interact with Gerard. Did I ever mention how I failed year 12 math?

I woke up late one night and took a look around the room. Gerard had been crashing on the couch for the last two days. I felt so alone, all by myself in that big bed that could be put to better use if you catch my drift. I swung my legs over the side of the bed and padded down the very small hall to the lounge room. I peeked my head around the corner of the hall to see Gerard lying on the couch with his laptop on the table in front of him. He was softy humming a tune that I easily recognized as ‘Cemetery Drive.’ He looked as if he were asleep, I would have thought he were if it wasn’t for his humming. I heard the door open and I quickly looked around for somewhere to hide. Sometimes, I’m glad I’m small. I crawled into a very strategically placed cupboard in the hall, leaving the door opened a fraction so I could see who was coming in. Oh, hello Mikey. I watched the younger Way walk over to Gerard and take a seat on his legs. Gerard made no attempt to move him, lazy bastard. Mikey looked at him for a moment before saying anything.

“Gerard. I know this is hard for you, but what you’re doing; it’s for the good of the band. I hope you understand that. We all really appreciate it. I’m sure if Frank knew, he would too.”

My breath hitched at the sound of my name. Gerard would never hide anything from me unless he really had to, and I respected that. But as much as I respected him, I also had a sense of curiosity that wasn’t going to leave anytime soon. There was an awkward silence where no one made a sound. It was so quiet I swear I would hear Bob three rooms down singing in the shower. I watched as Gerard sat up and closed his laptop and ran his hand through his hair, not that it did much difference, it was still matted to the right hand side of his face.

“Mikey, you really don’t know how hard this is for me do you? I finally get the courage to tell him I love him. And what happens? You guys fucking barge in with the effing ‘Bob Cam’ and catch us in an intimate moment. Well guess what, I didn’t find that very fucking funny. And then you have the guts to /order/ me to not be with him?! He probably hates me now thanks to you guys.”

He lay back down and covered his face with his hands. Mikey looked quite taken aback; sitting there inspecting his nails. I found a side of me that I never knew I had at that moment. I really hated the other guy’s right then, but it also made me calm down and stop stressing as to why Gerard was ignoring me.

”I’m sure he doesn’t hate you. In fact, let’s find out. He’s asleep right now isn’t he?”

Gerard glared at Mikey with a look of death on his face.

“If you fucking wake him up I’ll shank you.”

Mikey looked at Gerard for a moment and burst into a fit of hysterical laughter. I don’t think Gerard was too impressed. He sighed and got off the couch and made his way past Mikey and towards the bedroom. Uh oh.

“If anyone is going to wake him, it’s going to be me.”
I felt my heart beat quicken as he passed the cupboard and peeked into the bedroom. He flicked on the light switch and glanced around.

“Oh, really funny Mikey. Where’d you tell him to hide?”

He turned and looked at his brother, who cocked an eyebrow and adopted a confused look. It just made him look dorkier than he already was, I noted to myself. Gerard was starting to get angry now. He walked over to where I was hiding and kicked the door. I curled up tighter into a ball and hid as the door slowly opened. I opened my eyes and saw Gerard staring right back at me.

“Uh, surprise?”

I didn’t know whether he were about to laugh, or scream at me. It happened to be a mixture of both. Mikey looked at us awkwardly and made the motion to say something but stopped and crossed his arms over his chest.

“Frank, what the HELL do you think your doing? Do you get off listening into other people’s conversations or something?”

I grinned sheepishly and stood up and stood in front of Gerard, staring right into his eyes. He looked at me weirdly and backed away a little. As he did I took another step forward. The process repeated itself until I had Gerard backed up against the wall, which was quite a feat as I couldn’t be intimidating to save my life. I heard a disgruntled whine from Mikey and I turned my head to see what he wanted.

“You guys aren’t gonna make out are you? ‘Cause if you are, that’s kind of wrong…”

I snorted and placed my hands on my hips and flashed a smiled at him.

“Aww Mikey, are you sad ‘cause I could probably get it on with your brother and you cant? Diddums, I’m so sorry. My heart bleeds for you.”

With that I turned around, ignoring the gagging noises he was making, to face Gerard again. I crossed my arms and pouted at him.

“Why couldn’t you just tell me we couldn’t be together instead of ignoring me the whole time?”

Gerard nervously shifted around while looking at his feet for a moment before taking a deep breath and looking up at me.

“Because, if I told you why I couldn’t be with you, you’d be sad. And there’s nothing that makes me sadder than knowing you can’t be happy.”

“But that’s just the thing, I was sad because you were ignoring me. You should know me well enough by now to know that I’m a complete attention whore for you.”

Gerard laughed at that before holding onto my hips gently.

“Well then, in that case. I’m just going to have to make up for making you upset, now aren’t I, Princess?”

He slowly lent in to kiss me, but I leant backwards from him.

“Wait a minute… PRINCESS?! Why am I the princess?”

“Hmmm, let me see. Your last statement just implied it. I mean come on, ‘But that’s just the thing, I was sad because you were ignoring me.’”

I stared at him for a moment before laughing lightly.

“Oh Gerard, I never knew you could talk so girly. It suits you well.”

I heard Mikey snort and start to laugh, I gathered he was laughing AT us, not WITH us.

“Oh man, if you guys are gonna get all mushy and shit, I’m out of here.”

He turned on heel and walked out the door, closing it with a faint click. I wrapped my arms around Gerard’s neck and pulled myself up. I smiled at him coyly and licked my lips.

“Now, where were we?”
Sign up to rate and review this story