Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Only Think In The Form Of Crunching Numbers___x

Chapter 47: They Say Quitters Never Win

by VikkiMole 1 review

‘Fuck…’ I mumbled under my breath, ‘Well, he’s not angry’

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-01-16 - Updated: 2008-01-16 - 1274 words

0Unrated
I had no idea that Rebecca could put away so much. It ticked me off a little, losing so badly to such a uncompetitive looking person but I was already planning revenge in the form of driving real slow, taking the bumpiest roads I could find, eager to shake the coffee out of her somehow. On leaving the diner Bexz was on a coffee high. I’d been there. The twitching, head snapping, eye darting mania that quickened the pace of the working world. I could practically see the cartoon sparks flickering off of her as she danced around Gerard. Gerard caught her by her shoulders and swung her around, the pair laughing like children.

‘You dizzy?’ Gerard chuckled, not stopping spinning her on the spot

‘I think.. I’ma hurl..’ She giggled, trying to steady herself

I shook my head, smiling. It was nice to see Rebecca happy. It was about time someone brightened her day. She hadn’t talked about her husband once during the breakfast so I had no idea what was going on with them right now. Last I heard he was locked up. Something ridiculously short like a month behind bars. Pathetic. Another reason I didn’t believe in justice in this stupid non fairytale that’s called life. Shitty things happened to good people. I suppose it’s so the bad people have something to laugh about.

I pushed my hands into my pockets idly, feeling the plastic of my cell phone at the tips of my fingers. I considered texting Patrick. Just to say hi. I promised myself that I wouldn’t freak out and spill my guts or anything. I was lost in my thoughts, Gerard and Becca messing around in the background of my vision. I sighed. Gerard almost immediately stopped. He took a step towards me, touching my back lightly.

‘You okay?’ Gerard asked, genuinely concerned

‘Suppose’ I shrugged

‘Look,’ Gerard punched me in the arm, ‘Cheer up Emo kid’

‘Hitting me sure helps’ I scowl to the sidewalk

‘Call him, idiot’ Gerard whooshed an exhale, beckoning Rebecca to his side

Almost on cue my sidekick started to sing. I grinned, knowing that the only one who ever calls was Patrick. Pulling it from my pocket, excited I answered it instantly.

‘Hi’ I chirped, looking at Gerard who gave me a thumbs up

‘Hey Pete’ Patrick sounded distracted, people laughing in the background, some calling something to him

‘What’s up Trick?’ I questioned, happy to hear his voice again, happy he didn’t sound pissed

‘Nothing much dude’ Patrick sniggered, I heard Travi shouting my name in the background.

He was with Travis. My stomach flipped. I did not approve of that. I haven’t got the slightest fucking clue why I was apprehensive about him. Travis was a decent enough man I suppose. I didn’t know him very well but I could tell he was nice. There was no logical reason why I should dislike him. Apart from the jealousy.

‘So, what you calling for Tricks?’ I held an slightly predatorily growl in and tried to sound as sweet as possible

‘Huh?’ He snapped back as if he forgot he was even on the phone, ‘Oh yeah… I won’t be home tonight until late’

It was at that moment that I pulled my Raging Bull Pistol out of my back pocket, placed it carefully in my mouth and shot my brains through the upper rear of my skull. The fractions of my cracked and damaged head, along with chunks of gray matter splattered backwards all over the front of the shop. Rebecca screamed, falling to her knees, hand over her mouth. Gerard cursed, holding back the vomit he felt rising in his throat. Panic, widespread. My cell phone dropped and shattered into a million pieces. I snapped out of it quick enough to hear Patrick’s voice again.

‘Pete?’ Patrick stuttered, confused by the silence on my end, ‘You there?’

‘Yeah..’ I murmured hesitantly, thinking I was hiding my frustration, ‘S-so.. What time w-will you be back?’

‘I don’t… Disashi! Stop tampering with the amps!’ He began answering, still being distracted by the crowd, ‘I don’t know.. Maybe around nine.. Hey! I mean it!’

‘Okay…’ I hum in disenchantment, ‘Guess I’ll see you then’

‘Yeah…’ His voice was all airy, letting me know that he wasn’t really concentrating, ‘Bye’

‘I…’ Dial tone, he’d hung up on me, I sighed, ‘…love you’

My last words seem to stick in the air. Defying gravity and just floating around my head, taunting me. Occasionally, knocking me on the head in a lightning storm headache match between my eyes. I came to re-notice the happy couple behind me. They’d been staring the whole conversation no doubt, saw the sag of my shoulders, the droop of my eyebrows. Rebecca brushed her fingers along my cheek. I raised my eyes up to look at her.

‘What happened?’ She asked, I noticed that Gerard had attached himself in an arm link with her

‘Fuck…’ I mumbled under my breath, ‘Well, he’s not angry’

‘He’s not?’ Rebecca repeated, hopefully

‘Maybe..’ I shoved my cell back into my pocket, ‘He didn’t sound it… but he’s not coming home after work’

‘Well, maybe he has things to do’ Gerard nodded, not convincing me

‘With Travis..’ I growl, nose wrinkling

‘What’s your problem with that guy?’ Bexz questioned, mouth screwed up on one side

I sighed. Where to start? He’s tall, a little taller than Patrick I believe. I myself am very short. Well, not very short but shorter than Patrick anyhow. Travis is quite muscly, like he works out a lot. Me? I’m lacking any form of muscles really, including brain and heart. Is the brain a muscle? Never mind. Travis is music. I am academics. Academics is not cool. Are not cool? Is not cool? Fuck it. Well, yeah, all those stuff. That’s why I am so jealous and worried that Patrick is going to… I’m not sure what I’m worried Patrick is going to do.

You see, the thing is, I’m worried that Travis and Patrick may end fucking. Not that I don’t trust Patrick, or Travis and I’m almost a hundred percent sure that the guys straight. It all boils down to one thing really, and that’s me. I’ve cheated before, so why wouldn’t anyone else? I mean, I don’t, in any way, think that Patrick is capable of infidelity but that’s just the way insecurity throws me. I was petrified that he would leave me. Then, I’d have nothing but myself and, between you and me, I’m not sure I like that person much. I answered the question with a shrug.

Five minutes later, the three of us were all in my car belted up to the neck (on Becca’s orders) and I was ready to put my plan into action. I would go home, after dropping Bexz at work and Gerard at home, then think about what I would make Patrick for dinner. I figure a nice, quiet, maybe even romantic, meal after a long day might help things a little. I needed to give him something worth staying for and perhaps it would be my culinary skills. Actually, my cooking isn’t that good but it’s the thought that counts right? So it was settled. Dinner made at half eight, Patrick home at nine, happiness by ten passed nine. Awesome. Things were looking up for me.
Sign up to rate and review this story