Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Only Think In The Form Of Crunching Numbers___x

Chapter 46: Let The Good Times Roll

by VikkiMole 6 reviews

‘Suing A ‘Tude for all they’ve got’ Gerard hooted, ‘He’s claiming there was no grounds for the company to fire him. I agree. I mean, everyone knows he was only fired cause he got Taylor...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-01-14 - Updated: 2008-01-14 - 1096 words

2Funny
Ryan Ross, who currently irritates me highly, finally did drop the subject and let us go out for breakfast. The only downside to this was that Gerard had no damn clue where he was taking us. Or rather, where he was having me drive. We ended up in the same diner that me and Patrick had had breakfast in on Saturday. The waitress recognized me instantly.

‘Hi. My name is Sian,’ She chirped, chipper cheer obvious

‘Yeah… Hi’ I hung me head, not looking up at her, knowing I’d be greeted by one of the most annoyingly dazzling smiles I’d ever seen, ‘Uh.. What do you guys want?’

‘Waffles!’ Becca squeaked, eyes glowing bright hazel ‘With syrup please’

‘Sounds good ,’ Gerard nodded, ‘Two please. And three coffees?’

‘Sure’ Rebecca agreed, the two looking at me

‘Whatever…’ I sighed, glancing quickly up at Sian the waitress

‘Anything to eat darlin’?’ She placed a hand on her hip

I shook my head, not having an apatite really. I was still thinking what the hell I’m going to do about Patrick. He’ll be home after work. I think he’d be home after work so, I’d be able to see him at six. Maybe. He might decide to stay on with Trent or whatever his name is. Okay, I know his name is Travis and yeah that was childish. Nevermind. Sian gave me her best ‘work grin’ and clacked off to the kitchen. Each clack like a nail in my goddamn head. Pounding. I don’t handle stress. I was probably ruining this stupid breakfast thing but I didn’t care. My head was down on the table, forehead on the cold surface.

‘Pete’ Gerard called for like the ninth time, I lifted my head, ‘Sleeping much buddy?’

‘’s not that’ I groaned, Rebecca looked sympathetically at me, made me feel worse if anything, ‘I’m sorry… I’m probably ruining this… breakfast’

‘What’s wrong Zacy?’ Becca’s tongue clicked, reaching out to touch my shoulder lightly

‘It’s not important’ I leaned my jaw on the palm of my hand, elbow on the table, ‘Just had a… well, not an argument cause there was no shouting… I’m not even sure if there’s anything wrong… Patrick stormed out… I think… This morning… and I’m not sure what I’ve done wrong… If I have done anything wrong’

‘Ah huh…’ Gerard’s lips slanted in a thoughtful way, ‘Was there anything that you did that was out of the ordinary?’

‘I told him I was sad…’ I remembered the notepad, that was all I’d written really, ‘And he knew I was kind of jealous of his new friend… I told him I loved him’

‘You said you loved him?’ Rebecca said in surprise, ‘Did you mean it?’

‘I think so’ I answered honestly

‘You can’t just think so..’ Rebecca shook her head and sneered, ‘You have to truly know before you say something like that to another person’

I noticed that Gerard went red, thinking she might be referring to him. She smirked out of the corner of her mouth, blushing herself. I could see that this conversation was verging down a awkward road. They both sat in silence staring in opposite directions.

‘Okay, forget it’ I huffed, trying to salvage the little of conversation we had, ‘What have you been doing since the company dropped you?’

‘Nothing,’ Gerard shrugged, whistling after he added ‘Frank though…’

‘What is he doing?’ I asked, actually interested

‘Suing A ‘Tude for all they’ve got’ Gerard hooted, ‘He’s claiming there was no grounds for the company to fire him. I agree. I mean, everyone knows he was only fired cause he got Taylor pregnant.’

‘True,’ I nodded, ‘ I don’t blame them. They’ve got the baby to look after’

‘Girl’ Gerard smiled

‘Pardon?’ He got me confused

‘It’s a girl’ Gerard repeated, slightly clearer this time

‘They can tell?’ I questioned, scratching my head

‘You might not have been taught about anatomy in Biology class but..’ Gerard sighed, ‘Girls and boys have different parts’

‘Shut up,’ I kicked at his shin under the table, hitting with deadly accuracy, ‘What are they calling it?’

‘Her’ Rebecca corrected

‘What are they calling her?’ I fixed my last sentence

‘It’s between Lisa and Lauren’ Gerard cocked his eyebrow, looking off into space, trying to remember
‘Why Lisa?’ I enquired, hearing the clicking heels of our dear Sian returning

Gerard’s shoulder rose and dropped not bothering going into full explanation because his coffee was on it’s way. Sian was sharing a joke with someone in the kitchen. Made me a bit paranoid really. I hoped they didn’t spit in my cup. Not that that’s what I expected but I know it does happen. I used to work in a diner. Yeah, if there was someone in who was being a bit of an asshole it was pretty tempting. Dropping the two steaming cups in front of Gerard and Becca, telling me she’d bring mine with the milk and sugar pot, she beamed. There was nothing wrong with the waitress, apart from her irritatingly delightful disposition, but I wasn’t too fond of her. Oddly, she reminded me of Joe.

She didn’t take long. My coffee sat in front of me, steam rising from it. I got first dibs on the milk cause I’d gotten my coffee last. Very courteous of them. I tipped very little milk in with two sugars. Yeah, I know that two sugars isn’t good for me but I’m okay with being fat. I’m poochy as it is.

‘Coffee fan Pete?’ Becca enquired, stirring a spoon around in her own

‘Why, you challenging?’ I grinned out of the corner of my mouth

‘You wish Zac’ She growled competitively, ‘I’d wipe the floor with you’

‘Sure..’ I roll my eyes, knowing that I was obviously going to win, ‘Yeah, I’m so scared.’

‘You aughta be’ Rebecca glowered, smile overclouding her frown

She really thought she could beat me? I was shaking in my boots, uh, airwalks. I’d been addicted to coffee since before I could remember. Being beaten by Rebecca would easily be one of the most embarrassing moments of my life. I couldn’t let her win. Their waffles arrived so I couldn’t exactly start the competition right then. I’d bide my time. Yes, I would wait before choosing the perfect time to strike.
Sign up to rate and review this story