Categories > Anime/Manga > Gravitation > Unreasonable Persistence

Lost Fame

by Silverone 0 reviews

TatsuhaxTaki story done for the 30_kisses challenge on lj. Taki just wants to get his life back on track, but an unexpected intruder isn't making it easy.

Category: Gravitation - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2006-01-28 - Updated: 2006-01-29 - 1153 words

0Unrated
Title: Lost Fame
Pairing:Tatsuha Uesugi/Taki Aizawa
Fandom: Gravitation
Theme: #7 Superstar
Disclaimer: I do not own any of these characters or the series Gravitation. God knows I only wish I could draw that well.


He had been a legend, or rather, he should have been. He was supposed to have been in the spotlight, loved by all, brighter than the sun. But, he'd lost his place in the limelight, and in the end, Taki Aizawa had no one to blame but himself. And it was definitely over, even if Tohma Seguchi had merely said that ASK was 'suspended.' As far as Taki was concerned, he might as well have been told to dry up and die.

Not that Taki hadn't already been hounded by offers from other labels, all of them excited about the chance to take up what NG Studios had given up. There were plenty of opportunities for an up and coming band that had already proven to be quite popular with the female fans. But, in his mind, nothing was as good as NG. Nothing was as good as that first opportunity.

Instead of doing what he should have done and decide on an offer, Taki spent many of his days, like today, looking longingly at the offices of NG. He did this from a distance of course, always hidden behind a hat and sunglasses. This day was just like all those others, filled with longing for what he couldn't have, for what he didn't need.

"Hey cutie, why don't you just go inside?" Okay, someone actually talking to him wasn't part of the same old, same old. Taki turned around, about ready to snap at the speaker and froze, his insides turning at the familiar face before him. Eiri Yuki, or so it appeared. The hair was darker, as were the eyes. He also appeared younger. Then again, maybe Taki's eyes were playing tricks on him. No they had to be.

"What do you want? Haven't you done enough?" Taki's words were hostile, covering up whatever fear he might have been feeling.

"Woah... What's eating you?" The dark-haired Eiri held his hands up in a defensive motion, as if he hadn't expected the action. Taki didn't buy it for a second.

In fact, his fear was being overcome by the anger he felt. "Don't play dumb with me. You know exactly what my problem is." Maybe he'd end up getting killed for what he was about to say, but Taki didn't care. If he didn't say it, he'd probably end up dying of a heart attack from pent up rage. "You go and nearly kill my guitarist over that pink haired dumb ass you call a lover. Then as if that weren't enough, you have your other boyfriend push me in front of a car."

This was just the beginning of the list of grievances Taki had and he would have continued long into the night, making sure his death would actually be worth something. Except, a pair of lips were suddenly on his own, shutting him up. Not only that, but he could feel the other's tongue being shoved down his throat, hands roughly twining into his hair. Just when he was about to black out though, he was released.

The singer stepped back quickly, his sunglasses dangling loosely from one of his ears now. "If you'll just shut up for a moment, I'll let you in on a little secret: I'm not Eiri Yuki. I'm his brother."

Taki let that information sink into the pit of his stomach where it settled uneasily. He had just spouted off all that bile to a complete stranger. A complete stranger who had kissed him without a second thought.

"Oh and another thing, Mr. Superstar," the other man grinned, "If you're going to vent, do it in a more private place. I mean, it sounds like you were involved in some deep shit with my brother." The teen closed in on him again and seemed to be looking him over. "Taki Aizawa, huh? Big singer, used to be a star. Not the kind of big shot I was hunting for, but since I came up empty handed today, you'll do."

Before Taki could yell at him for the 'used to be' comment, he felt something get pressed into his hand and the teenager was walking away, waving. "Try not to let your blood pressure get too high, Mr. Superstar!" Taki looked into his hand to see a small piece of paper with a phone number and a name.

"Tatsuha Uesugi?" He crushed the piece of paper in his hands, but didn't throw it away. Had he just gotten asked out on a date? As if he'd go with stranger he had just met on the street. Some kid who treated his status so flippantly, like it was nothing at all. The number and name were probably fake, though if he remembered right, Seguchi's wife's maiden name had been Uesugi...

NO!!! He wasn't going to let himself getting drawn into that world again. The world he had tried to destroy, which had destroyed him instead. He had learned his lesson, not to try and change that which was beyond his power. It had been a painful lesson and he was not about to throw away what he had learned. Especially not for some mere boy who had just appeared out of nowhere.

Even if he had the most intense eyes Taki had ever seen and kissed you like he was some hero out of a romantic movie. Even if the boy had basically invited him into his own world, the singer was under no obligation to take him up on his offer. Not like the teenager would ever be able to find him again either. Not like they'd run into each other again. Unless the boy frequented this area, which was acutally very likely.

Taki would just have to make sure he stopped hanging around NG. Maybe it was time to actually decide on one of those record deals. He had told his band mates that he was waiting for a sign and this seemed to be a sign if there ever was one. Or maybe a warning. After all, any sign that looked like Eiri Yuki couldn't be good for you.

That had to be what that encounter was. A warning that he was heading back towards the path of obsession and that he had to mend his ways and move on with his life. He looked down at the paper in his hand once more. He should have just thrown it away, but maybe it'd be better to keep it. As a reminder of the little revelation he had today, not because he planned on calling the boy. There was NO WAY he'd ever be tempted to call that number. He wasn't going to play into that boy's hands.
Sign up to rate and review this story