Categories > Anime/Manga > Gravitation > Unreasonable Persistence

I'm gonna get you, one way or another

by Silverone 0 reviews

Patience was a virtue Tatsuha usually didn't have to practice

Category: Gravitation - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Tatsuha - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-01-28 - Updated: 2006-01-29 - 1156 words

0Unrated
Title: I'm gonna get you, one way or another
Author/Artist: Silvermagess
Pairing: TatsuhaxTaki
Fandom: Gravitation
Theme: #10
Disclaimer: I don't own the series. If I did, certain characters would get MUCH, MUCH more screen time.
Note: I had Tatsuha say the second level of hell in reference to Dante's Inferno. There it's thought to be the hell of the lustful. It should be noted also that in Buddhist hell, all sins are equal, with lust, anger and greed being particularly bad. The second hell in Buddhist mythology by the way is the Hell of Black Cords. Though, I doubt he's putting that much thought into it. ^^;



When Tatsuha Uesugi left his phone number with someone, it usually only took three days at the most for them to call him. At the most, he was forced to wait seven days for a call. But, this was the first time he had gone ten days without receiving a phone call from someone.

That day, when Tatsuha had been in Tokyo, he'd been hoping to be waiting on another person's call. But, Ryuichi had proved unreachable as always. One would have thought that he'd have easy access to the man through his brother-in-law. But, Tohma had always proven to be more of a brick wall than a pathway to Ryuichi. A really aggravating, smiling brick wall.

When Tatsuha had stormed out of NG Studios, frustrated as hell, meeting up with that stranger had been a stroke of luck. Especially when he realized that this guy was actually a famous singer as well. A really attractive, famous singer. It had seemed only fitting that if he couldn't have Ryuichi, he could have a different muscician instead.

That hadn't gone as planned either. The guy had totally freaked on him for having the same face as his borther. It was the first time that having the looks of a famous novelist had truly hindered him and secretly, Tatsuha had been just a little miffed. Who did this guy think he was after all? And Tatsuha had made sure to point out that the guy was just a has been and didn't have a right to act like he was someone special.

Seeing the look of irritation on that face had been even more amusing. Of course, it did occur to him that maybe he'd been maybe a little too irritating and had turned the other man off. But, he had quickly dismissed the theory. The man had to be at least curious after all. Tatsuha sure as hell was. He wanted to know how this guy knew his brother and what had happened between them.

There was also the fact that he wanted an excuse to leave the temple again. It was that time of year where his father seemed to delight in giving him extra chores. The old man said it was to build character, Tatsuha said it was just torture. Needless to say though, if he could find even a tenuous reason to leave, the teenager would gladly take it.

His cell phone had yet to ring though. And this was beginning to grate on his nerves. Here he was on his hands and knees, mopping the floor when he could have been out having sex and raising hell in general. He swore if the man didn't call, he'd have to track him down just to get revenge. Just as he was contemplating how to go about said revenge, the phone rang.

Scrambling to answer it, Tatsuha forgot that he was on his hands and knees and crashed face first into the floor before he finally managed to pull the cell phone out of his pocket and answer it. "Hello, Tatsuha Uesugi, resident sex fiend at your service." He made sure to sound especially confidant so that who ever it was on the other end of the line wouldn't think he'd been waiting around like some loser. Which he hadn't been.

"Don't go around answering calls like that, you disgusting bastard." Tatsuha perked up at the voice, grinning inwardly. His place as the undefeated teenage king of pick up lines remained in tact.

"Well, Mr. Superstar, what can I help you with? Need your bed warmed? Or is it something to do with my brother or my brother-in-law?"

There was a harsh intake of breath on the other end of the line. "Don't know why I even bothered..." He was muttering and it sounded like he was about to hang up.

"Hmmm, leaving so soon? You've come this far already, so why not go all the way already? Sink down to the second level of hell." There was silence on the other end of the line, but Tatsuha could sense the incredible anger the other man was feeling.

"I don't need information on your family. I don't want anything to do with you guys."

"Then why were hanging around my brother-in-law's place of business that day?"

"What about you? Why were you skulking about? Apparently, you live in Kyoto, so it's a really far trip just to visit family." The voice had an accusing tone to it.

"I was going to meet someone. Someone hot. Far hotter than you." Tatsuha was getting a little annoyed, not that he was willing to let it show. This guy was beginning to bug him. He was almost as irritating as Eiri could be.

"And you walked off empty handed, didn't you? Let me guess, he wasn't interested, didn't think you were hot enough for him?" Tatsuha twitched now. No one was allowed to say he wasn't good enough for Ryuichi. No one.

"He didn't show alright, rebound boy?"

"Rebound boy? I'm nobody's rebound, let alone yours."

"I wanted someone else, but couldn't get them, so I came after you. That makes you a rebound." Tatsuha was now smug, his smile growing as he imagined the other man fuming.

"Well, you're not getting me."

"Really? You didn't seem to mind the way I kissed you. I bet you want another kiss, don't you?" Tatsuha's voice took on a sultry, husky tone as if to make the other man imagine all the bad things he was thinking.

"Whatever." Before Tatsuha could reply he heard the phone slam down, hard. He glanced at his phone, checking the caller id quickly.

"Guess I've got a lot of work ahead of me." The guy was prickly as hell and probably wouldn't have seemed worth the effort in most people's eyes, but Tatsuha liked them feisty. He found it endearing.

Getting off the floor, he dusted himself off and quickly wrote a note to his father, telling some inane little lie about needed to visit a museum in Tokyo for some school project. Well, he could always drag the singer to a museum, then it wouldn't be a complete lie. And he was definitely getting the older man to go with him, whether he liked it or not.
Sign up to rate and review this story