Categories > Anime/Manga > Gravitation > Unreasonable Persistence

If I must

by Silverone 0 reviews

A date it is, whether he likes it or not.

Category: Gravitation - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Tatsuha - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-01-28 - Updated: 2006-01-29 - 946 words

0Unrated
Title: If I must
pairing: TatsuhaxTaki
Fandom: Gravitation
Theme: #11 Gardenia
Disclaimer: I don't own the series. If I did, certain characters would get MUCH, MUCH more screen time.
Notes: I'm sure other people have looked up the symbolism for this particular challenge, but by giving a gardenia to someone, you're saying, "You're lovely." It also means secret love, secret joy, purity and refinement. As for what they mean in this fic, guess. :P


Calling the Yuki Eiri clone had been a bad move on Taki's part. He'd had a funny feeling ever since then, as if some odd electricity was hanging in the air. This was not the time to be getting weirded out. There was a big deal in the works; he was finally ready to let go of everything that had happened to him with in the past few years. He was going to sing again. And now, it was possible he had jinxed everything.

It was one particular morning, when he was still groggy from sleep that his worstsuspicions were confirmed. If he had known who was making that loud knocking on the door, he would have definitely stayed in bed, making sure to lock all the doors and windows first. Instead, he made the mistake of dragging himself to the door and opening it.

"Good morning sunshine!" The Eiri Yuki clone was there and he was incredibly cheerful. He was also holding what appeared to be a bouquet of flowers. "Geez, you look awful." The boy scrutinized him much more closely now.

Frowning the singer looked down at what he was wearing. A pair of old sweats and a t-shirt with some holes in it. He knew his hair was a mess so he didn't check bother to check. "Excuse me for not being a morning person, you creep."

"Ah, I woke you up, didn't I?" He patted Taki's cheek playfully and tried to make his way inside, only Taki stopped him, making sure there was no way Tatsuha could squeeze past him.

"What is it you're after?" Taki decided that he didn't like the boy's attitude. He was far too full of himself, too confidant and cheerful. He hated cheerfulness at eight in the morning.

"You. Though, you should have figured that out by now." Tatsuha tried to shove his way inside once again, only to find Taki blocking him once again. It was obvious that both were determined to get their way by now.

"I don't want anything to do with you."

"Liar. You're the one who called me."

Taki looked away, his fingers wrapping around the door frame. "I was bored, that's all." "What are those?" He glared at the bouquet more closely, his animosity showing through. He was beginning to think that it was something poisonous.

"They're called gardenias. I wanted to get you some flowers and well, I asked the sales lady what I should get and she showed me this." He held it out. After it had been a few minutes and Taki realized that Tatsuha was not going to retract the bouquet, Taki took it. Their hands brushed for just the slightest moment, heat leaving faint traces against the singer's skin.

The heady scent was making him feel faint, but he held the flowers up to his nose anyway, inhaling deeply. He recognized the scent, having smelled it in a million different perfumes, air fresheners and scented candles. He was beginning to wake up a little bit, which made the scent less aggravating, but only by a small margin.

"So, what time can you I pick you up?"

Taki decided to ignore him, focusing his attention on the flowers. "I didn't say I was going anywhere with you."

"You accepted a gift from me. That means you have to go." What was he, a demon?

"The flowers?" Taki quickly shoved the bouquet towards the teenager. "Take it back then. I don't' want it."

Tatsuha shoved it back towards him. "Too late. You can't take it back, so you're going out with me."

"No, I'm not." Taki tried to get back inside and slam the door shut, only to find that Tatsuha had managed to wedge himself into the door frame.

"If you don't, I'll spread rumors. I'll go around telling people that I'm you're boyfriend. I bet the newspapers would really like to hear that. Oh and my brother-in-law would really like that. And Aniki too! He doesn't act like it, but he can be very overprotective."

"You wouldn't."

"Listen pal, I came all the way from Kyoto just for the chance to bang you. So yes I would do something like that. No skin off my back. Major prestige for me if anything. But, not so much for you, huh?"

The threat was obvious and Taki had the feeling that this boy would really do it. He couldn't afford this right now, not when he was finally pulling his life back together. Plus, he didn't need to be pushed in front of a car again. "Okay, fine. I'll go with you. Just once."

"Once is all I ask. And it's all you'll need before you realize how much you want me."

"You're an overconfident little shit."

"I get that a lot. I'll be back to pick you up later tonight then." He walked off, waving as if he went and did this sort of thing all the time. Going back inside and slamming the door shut, Taki dropped the bouquet on the nearby table and looked at it as if it was some potentially dangerous object. No, it wasn't just potentially dangerous, it was dangerous. This whole situation was and he was hopelessly stuck.
Sign up to rate and review this story