Categories > Books > Harry Potter > All Thanks To Hermione Granger

Face to Face

by xxsapphireravenxx 4 reviews

Hermione finally has her first face to face encounter with Harry. Will it go as well as she hopes?

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Harry,Hermione - Warnings: [!!] [V] [X] [?] [Y] - Published: 2008-01-19 - Updated: 2008-01-20 - 1766 words

5Original
A/N: thanks to all of my reviewers! Well not much else to say. I'm teaching myself to use a Dvorak keyboard. It really is better for those that type a lot. You just have to spend the time to train yourself to use it. I'll probably get a lot more writing done once I've got it down. Also most authors ive noticed write long chapters. I'm not going to do that with this story. I'll end a chapter when I think it's a good time to end it. Some will be short and some will be long. Please don't complain about chapter length. Well that's all for now. Hope you enjoy the chapter, and remember to review!

Chapter 2: Face to Face

Harry let out a sigh and rolled his eyes as the blond next to him continued to run his mouth. The only useful thing he learned from the prat was that he didn't want to get to know the idiot and that Slytherin House, whatever that was, was probably filled with bigots.

'Will he shut up if I rip his tongue out?' Harry thought to himself as he glanced at the chatty blond on a stool next to him.

“...Father is getting my books and mother is looking at wands.” The blond said as he looked at Harry, apparently done with his talking.

'Nope, he would scream and probably cry. Then I'd have a lot to explain.'

“So you can choose whatever wand you want?” Harry questioned with a raised eyebrow and a glance at the blond.

The blond scoffed and sneered at him, “Of course not, The wand chooses the wizard. Everyone knows that.”

The raven haired boy frowned and turned to look at the blond.

“Then why is your mother looking at wands?” Harry asked with a raised eyebrow.

The blond just blinked and stared at him.

'Stupid inbreds' he thought with a roll of his eyes.

“OK, you boys stay still and I'll be right back. Then we can finish up.” Madam Malkin said as she turned around and went to the back of the store.

The boys were left standing with their arms stretched out shoulder high with pins stuck everywhere. Neither of them looked particularly happy with the arrangement. Then the blond started to talk again and Harry let out a sigh. He turned his head and looked at the blond, then turned and looked around the store. They were the only ones in the customer area. Harry grinned, 'perfect.'

Harry turned to the blond again, his left hand facing the other boy. The blond was facing away from him and looking at his nails. Harry clenched his hand into a fist and quickly opened it. A small green wave pulsed out and hit the oblivious blond point blank. With a yelp the blond was thrown into the nearby wall and crumpled to the floor unconscious. Harry smiled brightly at his success.

'Peace at last.'

“What in Merlin's name happened to Mr. Malfoy?” Madam Malkin questioned as she rushed over to the boys.

Harry looked up quickly and raised both eyebrows while widening his eyes.

“He just fell off the side and hit his head on the wall.” The raven haired boy answered innocently.

“That poor boy,” the woman said with a worried expression.

Harry chuckled as he watched the woman attend to the boy.

'Stupid isolated magical world.'

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hermione exhaled strongly as she threw herself back into her chair at the kitchen table. The day was an important one for her. It was the day Harry was taken to Diagon Alley and she was planning to 'bump' into him and start their friendship from there. Her parents however, were taking their sweet time getting ready. She had the instructions on how to reach Diagon Alley in front of her and was watching through narrowed eyes as her mother happily prepared breakfast.

'If they take much longer I swear I'm gonna put muggle repelling charms on all the bathroom doors,' the brunette thought as she crossed her arms and frowned.

“Oh stop all this huffing and puffing Hermione, we're going to have all day at this Diagon Alley place. Now eat your breakfast.” Emma Granger said as she placed a plate of food in font of her daughter.

“But I wanted to get there early so I can have all day to look around,” Hermione whined as she thought 'and to keep a look out for Harry'

“Hermione dear, it's 7 a.m. Something tells me we'll have a lot of time to look around.” Dan Granger teased as he entered the kitchen and sat at the table.

Hermione just scowled at her father as she ate her breakfast. She wasn't happy in the least as she watched her parents talk about nothing and eat slowly.

'I am totally going to put muggle repelling charms on all the bathrooms' The fuming girl decided.

Hermione sat back with a grin on her face and felt herself relax. Her years of fighting and running had given her a rather severe vindictive streak. She was able to calm down from her tense state knowing she would get back at her parents and their leisurely eating.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hermione rolled her eyes at the books the bookstore owner had given her. Year one spells, ha! The day Hermione Granger needed to read books on year one spells was the day she slept with a Malfoy. She grabbed a book on conjuration and flipped through it.

She'd been in the Alley for several hours now and hadn't seen Harry anywhere. She let out a sigh and placed the conjuration book back on the shelf. She turned around to head to the counter to pay for her books. Her eyes passed the window and suddenly lit up. There across the street Harry was exiting Madam Malkin's with a smile on his face.

She rushed out of the store and ran at an unsuspecting Harry.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Harry exited Madam Malkin's with a smile on his face. That had been hilarious. The blond idiot had no clue what made him hit the wall and in fact he didn't remember anything that happened several minutes before he hit the wall. He must have hit his head pretty hard f or memory loss, the poor guy. Haha.

The raven haired boy was heading towards the ice cream shop when something crashed into him and followed him to the ground, his bags falling down and spilling out around him.

Harry sat up with a frown and glared at the bushy haired brunette who was standing up next to him.

“I'm so sorry about that!” The brunette exclaimed as she helped him up.

“You should be you stupid bint, you're the one who ran into me.” Harry said with a glare.

“Sorry, I'm just so excited! You see I'm muggleborn so this is all new to me and I'm eager to take it all in.” The girl rambled out as she smiled at a scowling Harry.

“What do you want, a gold star?” Harry spat out as he started to gather his things.

The girl frowned at him, but then smiled and picked up the last bag for him.

“I'm Hermione Granger by the way. What's your name?” Hermione asked as she handed him the bag.

Harry sneered at her and turned around away from her.

“I didn't ask for yours and I don't see a reason to give you mine.” Harry said as he walked away from the wide eyed girl.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hermione's shoulders were hunched as she returned to the book store where she had left her parents, who were quite bewildered at their daughter's behavior.

“Hermione dear, what happened?” Emma asked as she and her husband approached their downtrodden little girl.

Hermione looked up surprised that she was already facing them. She let out a heavy breath and answered.

“I tried to make friends with a wizard my age, but it didn't work out so well.”

Emma and Dan shared a look and each gripped one of her shoulders. It broke their heats to know their little girl didn't have any friends. She never stopped trying to make them, but she just didn't seem able to get much success in that area.

“Don't worry sweetheart, you're going to enjoy the school when you get there and you'll find someone who will be the best friend you could ask for.” Emma said with a smile as she brushed her fingers through her daughter's bushy brown hair.

'If you only knew' Hermione thought to herself, but looked up with a wide smile.

“Come on sweetheart, lets finish shopping and then we can spend the rest of the weekend at your nana's land.” Emma said with a grin.

Hermione's face really lit up at that. Her nana had a large amount of land that had a natural pond and most importantly, her horse Snowear was there. A beautiful brown horse with unique white ears.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Harry thinned his lips as he set his ice cream down and watched a trio of people head towards the exit of the Alley. A bushy brown haired girl, a bushy blond haired woman, and a brown haired man. They were all smiling and laughing. The man, who was the girl's father, was carrying a large bag full to visible top with books.

Harry frowned at the bag of books.

“Another person whose house I don't want to be in.” Harry said to himself as he picked up his ice cream and continued to eat it.

Harry hummed with pleasure.

“Delicious ice cream.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hermione sighed as she got off of Snowear and sat at the edge of the pond. She smiled at the cloudless day and laid back. She frowned as she was assaulted with memories.

She recalled her fourth year when it was just her and Harry and she took him for a walk around the Lake. It was one the best times she remembered being alone with Harry next to riding Buckbek.

She sat up quickly and threw a rock into the pond as she took a deep breath.

“I don't know what's going on with you Harry. I don't know if your personality is different because of my time travel. All I know is that I need you and you need me. No matter how hard it is I will get us back to where we were and change the way everything went. I promise.” Hermione stated as she stared at her reflection in the pond water.
Sign up to rate and review this story