Categories > Anime/Manga > Gravitation > Unreasonable Persistence

Finding those buttons

by Silverone 0 reviews

Finding the right button to push wasn't as easy as he thought.

Category: Gravitation - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Tatsuha - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-01-28 - Updated: 2006-01-29 - 1761 words

0Unrated
Title: Finding those buttons
Pairing: TatsuhaxTaki
Fandom: Gravitation
Theme: #28. Wada Calcium CD3
Disclaimer: I do not own these characters or this series and I do not profit from this piece of writing.
Warnings: Mild language, sexual references and the not so pretty effects of drinking too much.

It had been a simple lie, but Tatsuha took quite a bit of pride in the fact that Taki had actually believed him. He could have called his brother and gone over to his place. But, that wouldn't have served Tatsuha's goals: finding out the truth about Taki and getting Taki into bed.

He was so close in fact that it would have been stupid to leave. Taki had already spouted of so much information about that terrible incident, whatever it may have been, that it was only a matter of time until he revealed everything. And the way the older man kept giving into him had Tatsuha convinced that getting him into bed wouldn't take much more effort. It was merely a matter of patience and finding more buttons to push.

"Listen, just help yourself to the fridge, okay?" Taki had scowled at him in annoyance before marching off into the living room. Tatsuha shrugged to himself as he entered the kitchen and began to poke around. He had to admit he was impressed with the place. It was almost as big as Eiri's place, without all the modern art deco crap his brother worshipped.

He dug through the fridge until he found a six pack of beer. This would lighten up the mood nicely. He walked into the living room, where Taki was sitting on the couch, looking pissed off. Tatsuha sat down next to him, causing Taki to scoot as far away as possible. "Man, I'm not rabid." Tatsuha said as he opened up one of the cans, setting the six pack on the coffee table sitting in front of them. He chugged it down, watching Taki out of the corner of his eye.

The singer crossed his arms and looked away, disgusted. "Great, not only are you a sex addict, but you're an underage drinker as well."

"So what? You telling me you never had any booze when you were my age?

"We aren't talking about me, we're talking about you and your pathetic teenage rebellion."

"Huh? What do you mean by that?" It sounded like something his brother would say and Tatsuha didn't like it. "It's my right to rebel."

"Yes, so you will go about it the same way everyone else your age does by drinking, sleeping around, smoking and disobeying your parents. Yeah your approach is one of a kind. Really non-conformist." The obvious sarcasm was not lost on Tatsuha who merely shrugged.

"You're just jealous because you're old and I'm young." Before Taki could respond, Tatsuha handed him a beer. "Come on, have a drink with me. That is, unless you're a light weight?"

It looked like Taki was going to refuse, then a grin spread across his face. Tatsuha chuckled to himself, sure that victory would be his. He could out drink just about anyone under the sun after all.


Hours later though, he felt like the floor was going to giving out under him. He had thought that since Taki was shorter and had a lighter build that he would've been passed out long before now. But Tatsuha had been proved wrong. They had gone through the whole six-pack and half a bottle of whiskey before Tatsuha passed out. When he woke up, three hours had passed and it was dark out. Taki had called him an idiot, smirking the whole time, then had the decency to look concerned or at least Tatsuha thought he did.

"Hey are you all right? You don't need to go to the hospital do you?"

"No." Tatsuha got up slowly and the moment he did, he felt his stomach twist. "Oh shit, where's your bathroom?" Taki stared at with a look of disgust and pointed in the direction of what Tatsuha hoped was the bathroom, because that was where he was running.

Fortunately it was indeed the bathroom and he then proceed to retch and vomit for what seemed like an eternity. When he was finally done he went to rinse his face. Looking into the bathroom mirror, he winced. "You look like shit, man." He said to himself before splashing his face with cold water. The moment he was done reached over to the medicine cabinet, hoping to find some aspirin. He didn't care if Taki didn't like it, it was the singer's fault for not saying he had a high tolerance for alcohol.

He found what he wanted and gulped it down with water quickly. As he put the bottle back though, he accidentally knocked down some of the other bottles. He sighed to himself in frustration as he started to pick them up. As he did so, he found himself looking at the labels, even though he wasn't in any state to be reading prescriptions.

"Geez, he does a lot pain killers. Wonder if he's addicted or something?" He looked over the bottles as he put them away. The last bottle though, was surprisingly a generic vitamin bottle. He looked at it a moment before he realized that he had seen it somewhere before. When he realized where he had seen it before, he snickered to himself.


Taki had been slightly concerned when the Tatsuha had lost his feet, considering how much the boy had drunk. Taki did not want to go to jail just because he had provided some stupid kid with alcohol. He'd been gazing out the window while he waited, watching it get darker and darker out. The day had definitely been one of the most irritating ones he had ever been through. The bathroom door slammed and Taki turned around, seeing Tatsuha looking fairly happy despite how sick he had been earlier.

Taki smirked at him, arms crossed. "You better not have made a mess in there. Otherwise you're going to be on your hands and knees scrubbing until it's spotless in there."

The boy scowled for a moment. "I didn't, so don't worry your pretty little head off." He walked over to Taki grinned. "You're how old again?" Taki blinked at the change in subject.

"Twenty-two, so what?" A bottle of vitamins was shoved in front of his face.

"So, why are you taking old man vitamins?"

Taki grabbed them and frowned. "Because my doctor said so, dumbass." He put the bottle down on the window sill. "What are you doing searching my medicine cabinet anyways?"

"I needed aspirin. And why would your doctor prescribe old man vitamins?"

"How the hell should I know? And why are you so hung up on it?"

"Because, my dad takes the same pills."

The stupidity was beginning to hurt Taki's brain. "So?"

"Well..." Taki had to conclude at this point that Tatsuha had been dropped on his head as a child and that the alcohol was only aggravating the condition.

"Listen, I don't see what business it is of yours, but-" Tatsuha placed a hand on his wrist and looked into his eyes.

"I just want to know more about you, okay?"

Taki looked down Tatsuha's hand, staring at it the exact spot where it was touching his own. "Why?"

"Because, I just do, okay?"

"I'm not telling you. And I don't want to know anything about you either." Actually, Taki was much, much more curious than he was letting on, but he wasn't going to act on it. His curiosity got him in trouble, and taking an interest would be what the boy wanted.

"Liar." Tatsuha suddenly shuddered, looking sick once again. He removed his hand from Taki's and walked over to the couch and slumped down on it. "And speaking of lies, why didn't you say you could hold your liquor?"

Taki shrugged, resisting "Are you serious? Do I look like the kind of person who practices sobriety?"

"Well, you look so skinny and all that. Very few people can drink me under the table, so I figured beating you would be a snap."

"It's experience, that's all." Taki sat down on the couch, once again as far away from him as humanly possible.

"Damn, you sound so old. Are you sure you're in your twenties? Maybe you're fifty and hide it really well."

"Fuck you."

"Is that a request? Because while I'm glad you're showing an interest, no one fucks me. I do the fucking, babe." He smirked at him.

"Is everything a come on with you?"

"Is everything a denial with you?"

"Depends on the person." Taki smirked.

"Oh, so you'll say yes, but only for the right person. How girly of you"

"Better than humping anything that moves." Taki sneered at him.

"I do not hump anything that moves. I have standards."

"You say that and yet, here you are, trying to get into the pants of a complete stranger."

"That's not the only reason I'm here." He muttered, looking away now. His head was still throbbing and he wasn't really up to the mental stimulation fighting with Taki was providing. "So, where am I sleeping?"

"The couch."

Tatsuha supposed he should have expected the response, but he still got indignant. "Why the couch!? I'm a guest!"

"An uninvited one. I'm not giving up my bed for you."

"I never said you had to give up your bed. I was thinking we could share." Tatsuha knew that he shouldn't have said that and he shouldn't be smirking, but he was, despite his headache.

Taki got up and stretched, yawning slightly. "Not if it was the last bed on earth. Not if you were the last man on earth."

"You make it sound like I have some disease." The moment Tatsuha said it, he was expecting Taki to say he looked like a walking STD or something. Instead, the singer seemed to just shrug it off.

"Go to sleep, idiot."

Tatsuha sighed to himself and then decided to up the ante. "Don't I get a good night kiss?"

Taki threw a death glare at him as he left the room. "No. Now good night."

The light clicked off and Tatsuha found himself snuggling up under the covers, annoyed. He was not going to sleep on the cold, hard couch, not when there was a nice bed, with a nice, warm body in it. I guess it'll take a little longer than I expected to get him to thaw out.
Sign up to rate and review this story