Categories > Anime/Manga > Gravitation > Unreasonable Persistence

Out of Need, Perhaps?

by Silverone 0 reviews

Who needs who?

Category: Gravitation - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Tatsuha - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-01-28 - Updated: 2006-01-29 - 1948 words

0Unrated
Title: Out of Need, Perhaps?
Pairing: TatsuhaxTaki
Fandom: Gravitation
Theme: #30. Kiss
Disclaimer: I do not own these characters or this series and I do not profit from this piece of writing.
Notes: The painting mentioned is called "The Lovers," by Rene Magritte.


"This is a joke, right?" Taki glanced up at the building as he got out of his car, brow furrowing.

Tatsuha rolled his eyes at the singer. "No, it's not."

"It's a museum." He said blankly as he looked at both the building and Tatsuha disdainfully, wondering why he had to put up with this.

"Yep." Tatsuha sounded proud of himself despite how obviously annoyed Taki was.

"Why here?" Actually, he really wanted to know, because this seemed so incredibly stupid.

"It's classy. And I needed to visit one as part of an alibi, so I figured it'd be a good idea to kill two birds with one stone."

"That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard." Really, who does he think he's fooling?

Tatsuha shrugged and grabbed him by the wrist. "Whatever. Let's go."


Taki decided that he should be glad for the weird location Tatsuha had chosen. It meant that he was less likely to get groped. At least he hoped so.

"And people call me a pervert. I don't go around painting pictures of naked people." Tatsuha was gazing at a nude of a woman, looking at intently in the way most boys his age would. He really was a typical, immature teenager it seemed.

"Most people who do nudes aren't doing it for sex."

"Yeah, yeah. It's to study anatomy, blah, blah." The teenager waved his hand dismissively. "It's all just a lie told by perverts so they have an excuse to paint nudie pictures." At that moment, Tatsuha looped an arm around Taki's waist. "As fun as these are though, I prefer reality." The boy purred as he brushed his lips against the singer's neck.

Taki pushed him away immediately.. "What is it you want from me anyways?"

"Woah, woah. Pleasure before business my friend." Tatsuha strolled on ahead and stopped at the next painting and stared, mouth gaping slightly. "That is so freaking hot."

Taki walked over to where Tatsuha was standing and looked up at the painting. It was a picture of a guy and woman kissing, but white cloth was draped over their heads.

"It's weird." The singer frowned at the painting, which in his mind wasn't just creepy, but weird.

"I think it's kinky." Tatsuha grinned at him lecherously.

"Good for you. I'm sure you'll find some girl or guy stupid enough to try it out with." Taki decided he'd had enough of this place by now. And no more playing nice, because it was really killing his mood.

"You're no fun." The teenager whined as he caught up to Taki.

"So I've been told." If you only knew how not fun I can be, you'd be putting a hundred miles between us.

Tatsuha sighed to himself, sounding annoyed. "Why are all adults such a drag?"

"You'll find out when you've lived a little longer." By now they had reached the doors to the museum and Taki exited them, eager for fresh air. Tatsuha seemed equally glad to be out of there as he pulled a carton of cigarettes from his jacket and lit one up, taking a long drag.

"I'm not a kid." He muttered and indeed, most wouldn't have argued with him as he did look fairly adult.

"And yet, you just asked why adults are a certain way. That implies that you do not think of yourself as an adult, thus implying you must be a kid." Taki smirked at the annoyed look on Tatsuha's face. He knew a big talker when he smelled one and this kid took that cake.

"I'm a teenager. Teen-ager. Not a kid." He wagged the cigarette at Taki as if it were a ruler and Tatsuha was the teacher.

Taki shrugged, smirking at him. "Same difference."

The teenager gaped him for a moment. "Are you always on?"

"Huh?"

"Why can't you just relax and enjoy yourself?"

"Because I'm in a distasteful situation that I'd extract myself from if I only knew how." Taki could tell that Tatsuha was a little pissed. Something about the set of the boy's eyes was giving it away. Bet he's not used to anyone saying no to him.

"What did my brother do to you?" Getting to the heart of the matter, huh? Alright then, I can handle that.

"Paid me back for something I did by beating my best friend half to death. So I tried to get him back which pissed off your brother-in-law and he tried to kill me."

Tatsuha stared at him and after a few seconds started laughing. "Man that's the weirdest shit I've ever heard. At least make up something believable.

Taki glared at Tatsuha balefully. "I am not lying. I was in the hospital for a long, long time. I have the scars to prove it." Broken bones, scars, scrapped skin, it had not been a pleasant memory.

"Right. I could believe Eiri murdering someone, but Tohma? He's a fluff ball."

"You are fucking blind then." Taki turned and started to leave. He wasn't going to tolerate someone making fun of something that had changed his life.

"Wait." A hand grabbed his shoulder causing him to look back at Tatsuha. "You're right, I don't know anything. Which is why I need you to tell me."

"Huh?" For some reason, the kid looked desperate.

"My family, they never tell me anything. And I'm tired of being treated like I'm some dumb kid who needs to be protected from what's going on."

Taki cocked an eyebrow. Anyone who thought this kid was vulnerable needed to get their head examined. Though right now, he was doing a pretty good job of looking defenseless. "It's not my place to tell you." He jerked his shoulder out of his grip and continued walking towards his car.

"I can make it worth your while!"

Taki looked back at him and scoffed. "How? What are you going to offer me? Money? Because trust me when I say that I don't need money from the likes of you."

"Well..." The boy was thinking now and it was obvious that such an activity was a lost cause for him. "I could offer you sex."

"Not interested. I can get that from anyone I want." Taki had to admit the boy deserved a few points for absolute persistence.

"Come on, there has to be something you want." There was a tiny bit of a whine to his voice, which caused Taki to grin to himself. The little creep was probably able to get what ever he wanted by using sex. It must have been killing him to be rejected.

Taki stopped walking away and turned around. He then closed the distance between them so that they were only a breath apart. "Fine, I'll tell you what I want." He smirked at Tatsuha's eager look. "I want you to reverse time. Go back to the moment I thought up that sick little plan and keep me from going through with it.

Or even better, go back to when I saw that stupid little idiot singing on stage for the first time. And I want you to come up and slap some sense into me." He leaned back a little now. "If you can do that, then I'll give you whatever you want, no matter how difficult or disgusting it may be." He patted Tatsuha on the cheek and turned away, starting to walk off towards his car.

"That's not fair. Give me something doable!" Taki just chose to ignore him. "At least give me a ride home you bastard!"

"You can walk, can't you?"

"No."

Rolling his eyes, the singer sighed defeated. "Fine. I'll be nice and give you a ride." Since he wouldn't be seeing him after this, why not?


By the time they had gotten back to his apartment, the boy had begun to fidget and looked irritated. The ride itself had been uncomfortably silent and Taki had almost been tempted to say something, but had resisted in the end. It wasn't his fault that the boy was throwing a little tantrum.

"Well, guess this is good bye then." Thankfully. Tatsuha wasn't saying anything as he got out of the car and started heading towards his motorcycle. It was obvious that he was still pissed off.

Taki walked up to his apartment, grinning to himself now. He felt like he had won somehow and couldn't be more satisfied with himself. It may have been petty, but he needed what few victories he had nowadays.

"Fuck!" Taki turned his head to see Tatsuha kicking the motorcycle and swearing up a storm. Shrugging, the singer continued on his way. It wasn't any of his concern what happened to the boy anymore. As he walked up the stairs, he heard a clanging noise behind him and turned around to see Tatsuha behind him, breathing a hard from running up the stairs. "Please, let me use your phone. My bike's dead."

What's he up to? "Don't you have a cell phone?"

"The battery's dead." Tatsuha held it out as if to prove his point and indeed, it did appear to be without power.

"The moment you're done using the phone, you leave, got it?"

"Yeah." He nodded.

The moment they were inside, Taki pointed him towards the phone wanting to get rid of the boy as soon as possible. It'd be better that way after all. "If you stay on there too long, I'm making you pay the phone bill."

Tatsuha stuck his tongue out and began dialing. Taki left the room then noticed the gardenias from earlier sitting on the end table by the door. He picked them up and frowned, wondering if he should toss them or not.

"You should keep them. They were expensive." The voice was dripping with satisfaction and Taki turned around to see Tatsuha grinning at him.

Taki dropped the flowers on the table, trying very hard not to act as if he had just been caught red handed. "Aren't you going to leave now?"

"Well, about that." Tatsuha looked nervous and was rubbing his neck. "Can I stay here tonight?"

"No." The singer opened the door as if to emphasize the point.

"Please? My brother won't let me stay with him and my sister will rant me out and well, come on!" Tatsuha's hands were clasped together now, in a begging manner, as if it would some how make him appear more charming than he actually was.

This time though, Taki wasn't going to let himself be fooled. He was wise to the boy's cute and harmless act by now. "No."

Unclasping his hands, Tatsuha once again got that serious look on his face. "I'll scream molestation."

"I'm the one who should be complaining about that, not you?" Though, who'd believe you, Taki?

And suddenly, once again the boy was back to looking vulnerable. "Come on. It's not going to kill you to be nice to me." Yes it will.

Despite what he was thinking though, he found himself making a different decision entirely. "Alright, you can stay. But only because you look so pathetic and pitiful whining like that."

"I wasn't whining! I was bargaining!" The boy remained looking a indignant for a bit longer before a strange smile crossed his face. "You won't regret this." Tatsuha's evil smile was telling him otherwise though and Taki found himself regretting yet another decision he had made in relation to this kid.
Sign up to rate and review this story