Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > How To Save A Life

Nightmares and Dreams

by gerard_is_my_savior 3 reviews

Avenue has a nightmare and Gerard has something important to ask...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2008-01-20 - Updated: 2008-01-21 - 1482 words - Complete

0Unrated
“Gerard?” Avenue called. Only a dark silence returned her calls. “Gerard?” Nothing, no one. She couldn’t see where she was, only this inky blackness that she felt suffocated by. She tried breathing, but her lungs became filled up with hopelessness. “Gerard,” she whispered in final desperation. Suddenly, she felt eyes fall upon her, like ice against her skin. She was laying facedown in what felt like sand. “Gerard? Is that you?” She moved her eyes up to a shadowy silhouette.
“Avenue, good bye,” he said simply, turning his back to her.
“Gerard, wait!” she tried to crawl toward him, but the sand moved in between her fingers, making it impossible to move. “Baby!”
“No,” he said back to her, beginning to walk away. “As snow falls on desert sky until the end of every, all we are, all we are, is bullets, I mean this.”
“Gerard?” She called, extending her hand to him. He looked back once over his shoulder. “Help me! Please!”
“As lead rains, will pas through our phantoms Forever, Forever, like scarecrows that fuel this flame, we’re burning,” he reached into his pocket then and pulled out a match. He struck it against the book, causing the darkness to see light. She was in the middle of a desert.
“I’ll give you all the nails you need, cover me in gasoline, wipe away those tears of blood again,” he sang with a haunting echo in his voice, like he didn’t have a soul or heart. Then, with no remorse he cast the match onto her body.
“I’ll let you know how much you mean to me.”

“Avenue!” Gerard yelled, pressing her reeling body against his. “Avenue, baby! Stop!”
She was violently shaking, her body going into a mass of convulsions. She was screaming in sheer terror, the pain and hurt contained in the octaves of her voice. Tears of pure horror ran down her cheeks.
“You didn’t help me! You didn’t help me! Gerard, Gerard!” She screamed, tearing her fingers down his bare chest. “You didn’t save me!”
Gerard just wrapped his arms completely around her entire trembling body. “Avenue! Calm down! It’s over!” He held her tight against his body, enabling her to move. He waited until her breathing had slowed and her heart rate had turned to normal before he spoke. “Baby,” he said gently, not wanting to scare her. “Tell me what happened.”
For the first time Avenue opened her eyes. She was in Gerard’s room and it was dark, indicating night. She had been sleeping.
“It…” she whispered, suddenly confused. “I had a dream.”
“I know,” Gerard said, not releasing her from his hold. “I heard you yelling my name. I tried to wake you, but you wouldn’t. You were shaking so terribly. God, I was so worried!” Gerard observed her. Her nightgown and hair was matted with sweat, her eyes were large and frightened.
“Tell what happened in your dream.”
She looked at him, trying to regain composure. “I was lying in the desert, and it was extremely dark. I couldn’t see a lot. Then you came up to me. I called to you for help, but you said no. Then you started singing Demolition Lovers, even though I don’t know why. Then, you pulled out a matchbook. I kept calling for help, and you just tossed the match on me.”
“Baby, I would never do that. It was just a dream,” he cooed softly, letting her go. She lay down on her back while he remained propped up on one elbow.
“I hurt you, didn’t I?” she asked, looking at his bare chest.
“Yeah, you did. But it’s okay,” he replied, running his fingers over the red marks that lined his chest. “You got one hell of sting there.”
“Yeah, I’m so sorry. I just have these nightmares, sometimes, they get really bad. It used to take my Aunt a really long time to pull me out of them. Especially this one I would have. I didn’t want to go to sleep at night, because I would relive that Christmas Eve when I was five. It seems so long ago, but sometimes, I still dream about it. It is always the same.” She paused then, looking at the man she loved with all her heart with second thoughts. He was so perfect.
“What’s on your mind angel?” he asked reaching over and softly petting her brown hair.
“When I was five, I was in a terrible car accident. Both of my parents were killed. It was really snowing hard that night, and dad was exhausted from driving from Wichita all the way back to Bushton in one night. He and my mom had been fighting, I remember. At least that what always happens in my dream, so I assume that’s the way it really happened. And mom yelled something at Dad then he reached over and hit her, really hard. My mom screamed, then the next thing I knew, we were in the other lane, heading dead on to a semi. All I can remember were those lights…. All those lights… it hit us, the truck did. Then… I don’t remember. That’s where my dream ends.”
“That sounds horrible,” Gerard said with a soft tone in his voice. He laid his hand on her forehead and felt her perspiration. “You are sweating really bad, baby. Are you going to be okay?”
“Yeah,” she replied. “I will be just fine.”
Gerard wrapped his arms around her. “I love you, Avenue. I really do love you. I just hope you know that what happened in your dream will never happen between us. I will never leave you, nor will I ever light you on fire.” She laughed at him.
“Promise?”
“I promise,” he said seriously.
She gazed at him with large green eyes. “Gerard Arthur Way,” she smiled. “I’ve never seen you so sullen.”
He gave a weak smile. “Yeah… I try to be this way too often.” He was only half-joking. “Baby, do you love me?” he said suddenly.
“Of course I do Gee. I love you a million of giant pieces,” she grinned. “And that wouldn’t even begin to fill the puzzle.”
“Okay,” Gerard said, taking a deep breath. “Then, I know this was supposed to be for Christmas, but I don’t think I can wait much longer. I have to give you this right now because I have to know your answer.”
“Gerard, what are you talking about?” she asked, giggling.
“I bought you something the other day, while you and my mom were shopping. I have this surprise.”
“Gerard, tell me what is it!” she exclaimed, not hiding her excitement. “You better tell me!”
“Okay,” Gerard said, “But I have to make this perfect.” He rose out of bed and walked over to his dresser, his black and white Adiddas wind pants making noise all the way. He slowly opened his top drawer and made his was around to her side of the bed. “Avenue,” he said, reaching over and turning on the tableside lamp. “This is going to be kind of tough. I’ve only done this once before, but that all went to hell. Shit, did that go to hell. Anyway, baby I have this. And I want you to answer honestly. Please, say whatever is on your heart.”
Avenue waited with eyes full of anticipation. She was sitting up now, her hands held in Gerard’s. “What is it baby? You are making me nervous!”
Gerard sighed and squeezed her hands once more.
“Avenue Layne Monroe,” he said, getting on one knee. “I love you so very much. I feel as though diving in front of that bullet was the best damn thing you’ve ever done. I would like to think it was worth all your pain, but then I second-guess myself. I know it was hard for you to do that, to risk your life for someone’s you don’t even know, but I thank you so much for it. I love you for it,” he sighed. A tear fell down his pale cheeks.
“Don’t cry, Gerard,” she begged, tears welling in his eyes as well. “Don’t cry!”
“I know,” he said, laughing at himself. “I’m sorry. I’m trying to make this easy but it’s not.” He shook it off and took a deep breath. “Avenue Layne Monroe, would you…” he cleared his throat nervously. “Would you do the honor in….” he pulled out a little blue box from behind his back, all velvety along the top.
“Being the only one for me?” He opened the box, revealing the most beautiful ring she had ever seen. However, he face remained expressionless. “Will you be my wife?”
Sign up to rate and review this story