Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Long Live the Car-Crash Hearts

12

by aznfoblover 3 reviews

Well these past two weeks have sucked. All I can say is that I better get good grades on my finals because instead of writing, I was studying. ATTENTION: This has been changed since last night....

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-01-20 - Updated: 2008-01-22 - 975 words

0Unrated
A/N: So I rewrote parts of this. So please reread it if you read it before. Thanks.

t w e l v e.

I tried to keep quiet. I wanted so badly for Andy to make the right decision without feeling compelled to stay by me. I wanted to see who he would choose, as shallow as that may sound. But my plan was foiled when they both looked my way. And as Andy's eyes widened in shock, the unnamed girl took the opportunity and grabbed the back of Andy's neck, bringing his lips to hers. She released him, and when he didn't pull back straight away like I expected him to, my eyes started to sting and I pushed my way back into the room that I had just come out of. I sank to the floor and covered my face with my hands, leaning against the door and trying desperately not to cry. Patrick and Pete stopped talking when they saw me and ambled over.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Patrick asked, truly concerned. He rubbed my shoulder comfortingly and a few tears escaped my eyes. I tried to wipe them away discreetly, but Pete caught me, and held my wrists together, trying to gauge my emotions from my face.

"Don't cry, Lane. Come on, you can trust us," Pete said. I jerked my head in the door's general direction. Patrick helped me over to a chair and Pete opened the door to see the girl and Andy together. His fist clenched at his side.

"Andy, what the fuck did you do?" he asked. And they were fighting again. Patrick looked at me, a pained expression on his face.

"Just stay right here, I'll be right back," he instructed me. And then he walked out to break up the fight yet again. In the meantime, the girl walked in to talk to me, unnoticed by the guys.

"So you're little Lane, huh?" she said condescendingly. I bit my lip, trying not to hit her.

"Yeah, who're you?" I snarled. She raised an eyebrow and smirked.

"Oh, little Lane has a bit of a temper. I'm Nicole," she replied.

"You might want to leave. In case you hadn't noticed, I'm not really in the best of moods thanks to you, and I'm not really emotionally stable," I shot at her. "But it was so nice meeting you!" I added sarcastically.

"Fuck you, I can do whatever I want. Besides, I think that it's pretty clear that I won," she replied.

"I wasn't aware that we were playing a game," I replied.

"Well, of course we were. And I won Andy," she explained, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"I don't know if you were told, but people aren't property. And the last time I checked, he was going out with /me/," I replied.

"Well the last time I checked, he was kissing me," she shot back.

"Just leave it, Nicole," Joe said from the doorway. She rolled her eyes and stalked out. "Are you OK, Lane?" he said, coming towards me and hugging me. "I heard it all." I nodded into his shoulder and returned the hug, breathing deeply.

"Lane?" Pete said from the door. Joe and I broke apart and I nodded. "I think that you need to talk to him." He looked at the floor in an attempt to hide his face, but I could already see the bruise forming under his eye. "I'll be fine," he muttered as I opened my mouth to say something. I bit my lip and walked out. Patrick was locking the front door behind him, and Andy was sitting sheepishly on the couch. I sat down next to him, wondering what to say.

"I'm sorry, Lane. I really thought that I could make this work between us. But then she came back into my life and I couldn't help myself, I just liked hearing her say that she needed me. I'm stupid and I'm selfish," he muttered. I nodded, biting my lip even harder than before.

"Maybe we should just stop this then, if that's the way you feel," I said quietly, trying my best not to yell at him or do something rash.

"Can we please still be friends?" he asked, looking up at me hopefully. "I really don't want us living in the same place to be weird or awkward or anything." I gulped and nodded, not trusting myself. He pulled me into a quick hug, then walked away.

And here was me, thinking that he had changed. I either wanted to scream at Andy or just curl up in my room and cry. I didin't know which sounded better. I kind of wanted to go tell Andy how much I wanted to hit him and how much I really didn't want to be friends with him at this moment. I wanted to scream at him for being stupid and not noticing that Nicole was a stupid whore who was probably using him. I wanted to hurt him as much as he had hurt me. But what was the point anymore? We were going to be "friends". We weren't going out anymore. My opinion shouldn't matter that much anymore. Besides, if I did say something, I would be written off as jealous and bitter. Whatever. I was over this situation and this feeling.

At least now I didn't have to feel guilty about the entire Joe incident.
----
A/N: Again, too long without posting. Blame my teachers, they're the ones who gave me finals. This is probably still crappy, but I at least attempted to fix it. Late night writing is something that I should learn not to do.
Special thanks to pyrotechnicist and redballoon for reviewing yet again. Mini cobras to you all.

Love it? Hate it? Review.
Sign up to rate and review this story