Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Consequences of Obsessing Over Vampires

So we shall learn

by xoxlove-goddessxox 0 reviews

idk

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-01-22 - Updated: 2008-01-22 - 2131 words

0Unrated
We reached the castle, sooner then I had anticipated on. I wanted to check out the sites, but of course we had to get a ride. Stupid Damien. The castle still looked as we had left it, except there was no grass at all. What’s going on? Akasha had this worried expression on her face, her face hard, and tensed. I squeezed her hand reassuringly.

“Don’t worry, he’ll be fine, especially when he sees you.” I smiled.

She laughed, “I am not worried about Sergei, if that’s what you’re thinking.” She smiled at my confused look. “I am mostly worried about you.”

“Me? Why me?” I looked at Damien who shrugged.

“Well, it’s complicated.” I stared hard at her, she sighed. “Alright, no mortal is supposed to hold that much power, not even half breeds. But seeing as you are mortal, and your ancestor is Victor, I guess I can see why.”

“But why don’t you have that much power” Damien asked, now interested into the conversation.

“I don’t know. I think it’s because, once I turned to a vampire, some of my power was lost. But don’t quote me on that.” She smiled, showing her white fangs.

“Alright then. So if me and Katie, stay here long enough we will turn into vampires?” Deylinn asked, slightly worried. He is so cute!

I squealed happily, “My dream, come true.” I looked at Deylinn “Erm, I mean, man, that’s so terrible.” I hid my amused smile.

“Um, actually, I don’t think so. You have to use a little power in order for you to be an actual vampire or a half breed.” We finally got off of the carriage and walked to the castle, which wasn’t too far.

“Oh.” I saddened, a little.

Mind: Ooo, you wanted to be a vampire so bad, didn’t you.

Me: No! I want to be with Deylinn. Now leave me alone, before I think I am crazy.

Mind: (Laughs) But you are crazy, you are only dreaming, and you think it’s real.

Me: No it’s real! It’s real!

Mind: Don’t believe me? Touch her, I dare you, you will go right through her.

Me: I have already bumped into her; remember? I knocked her down.

Mind: No, she knocked you down.

Me: Leave me alone!

Mind: Fine! (walks away, slowly)

“Katie?” Akasha looked at me. Ooo, I hope I didn’t say it out loud.

“What did you say?” Damien asked me.

“Nothing?” I asked.

“You can’t answer a question with a question.” Damien yelled.

“Oh, I’m sorry.” I replied half serious and half sarcastic.

“Mhm, sure you are.” We laughed slightly.

We entered the castle, and went up the spiral stairs, and down the long corridor until we got to the Lord’s office. I knocked lightly and walked in.

He looked up from his desk, and stared at me. “Katie? Why are you back so soon?” He looked at the rest of the troop and stopped where Akasha was. “Akasha?”

She nodded, then came over and hugged him tightly. A tear slides down her cheek. “ It’s been far too long old man.”

He laughed and she joined him. While us three stood there stunned by their reactions. “Right. Lord,” Damien bowed. “We have come back at Lady Akasha’s word. My work here is done, for I have found Akasha, and now I am free to go.”

“Huh?” Deylinn and me looked at each other.

“Yes, you are free to go.” Sergei dismissed.

“No, you are not going anywhere until I know what is going on!” I stood in front of the door.

Sergei sighed, “A little while ago, Damien had some problems. Any who, the courts told me that I wasn't allowed to let him go until he did something really deed full and helpful, I suppose.”

“Mhm, that still doesn’t answer my question. Why was it so important for him to find Akasha, sure I know you love her and everything but why did you make Damien go and find her?”

“Ah, yes. Because, everyone knew that an evil force was amongst us.” He replied.

“So it’s only natural that I was sent fourth to find her, and on my finding’s I was gone for some time, I found you two, and thought Katie that you were Akasha.” Damien looked at me sadly.

“How long have you been, uh, here?” Deylinn questioned.

“A century at least.” I gasped.

“Well any who, Katie, do you have any siblings, that you are close to?” Akasha asked.

“Um, my cousin Sophia, but that’s about it.” Akasha and Sergei both nodded their head.

“Good, we need to go and get her.” Akasha replied, grabbing her cloak.

“Get her?” I asked utterly confused.

“Yes. We have to go to her house and get her.” I opened my mouth to say something, but instead closed it again.

“Why, do we need her?” Deylinn asked.

“I’ll explain when she’s here. Come now, we must go, Damien, if you are a friends of Katie and Deylinn. I hope you are here.” Akasha looked at him and smiled, then dragged me out of the door.

“Isn’t Deylinn coming?” She shook her head, no. “Well how come?”

“We don’t need him right now. If we brought him along he would have been in the way.” We walked out of the castle again. “Now grab my hand”

I grabbed it, hesitantly. Whatever we are going to do, I wasn’t going to like it. She lifted her hand and did a circular motion with it, well kind of, she kind of went like half a circle. Then out of the blue, a purple-ish thing appeared.

"Jump in!" She screamed.

"Im not juuuum-" That's all I could say, until she pushed me into the portal.

I landed outside of Sophia's house. She lives with her dad, her mom died when she was four, so her and her dad, live only two blocks away from us. I knocked on the reddish door, and Sophia answered.

"Katie!" She screamed, then jumped on me.

"Oof!" I said, as we both landed on the ground.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, then looked at Akasha then back at me. "Whose this?"

"Akasha." I sighed. "Um, yea, we came to come and get you."

"And taked me where exactly?" Her blonde hair swaying whenever she talked. She was wearing her favorite mini skirt, blue with pink bunnies; and a pink sweater.

"How about you just say yes or no, so we can be on our way, we have alot to do." Akasha snapped, ovbiously impatient by Sophia's stalling.

"Well excuse me!" She snarled. "I am not going anywhere with a-" I covered her mouth.

"Soph, shut-up. Now just come on. Deylinn is there, and there is this really cute guy there too." I smiled innocently.

"Alright, when do we leave?" She grabbed her coat, and shut the door. Akasha and me burst out laughing. "What?"

"Nothing, come on." Akasha replied, we walked to the middle of her yard. "Hold Katie's hand please." Soph did as she was told, and she did the whole hand thing again.

"I am not jumping in there." Soph said. We both pushed her in and jumped in after her, landing back at Velvet City. "Whoa, where are we?"

I laughed, "I'll explain it on the way."

"No way." She said a couple minutes later, after I explained everything to her. "How could you get sucked into a book?"

"Nobody knows." Akasha replied for me.

"Oh, and you really are our ancestors?"

Akasha nodded, "But I am more Katie's then yours. For me and her are pureblood, where as you and me are half, because of your dad."

"Oh, makes sense. So we really are in fantasy land eh?"

I looked at her confused, then laughed. "I guess so."

We entered the castle and went straight up to Sergei's office. I opened the door, and waited for the other two, to enter, I followed and closed the door.

"Oh, you're back. Glad to see you're safe." Sergei nodded to us.

"Thanks. Soph, this is Lord Sergei and Damien." I pointed to them.

"Ooo..how do you do?" They looked at her funny. "Erm I mean, Hi."

We laughed, "Hey Soph, its been awhile." Deylinn put in.

"Yupp, sure has. I was begining to wonder." She smiled.

"Well, I doubt you would have to worry about that." Deylinn said, as he came over and put his arm around my back.

There was an akward silence for a couple minutes, but then Akasha broke it, "Alright, ready to train?"

"Um, yeah I guess." I looked at her.

"Good. We will be back soon. Sergei, how about get one of your maids to make something to eat, I am pretty sure, they are pretty hungry." She pointed her thumb where Deylinn and Soph were. He nodded and we left.

"So what am I going to be learning?" I asked, after awhile of walking down several corridors.

"Well, first, the basic, how to make something appear mostly. We will work on something more challenging later." She smiled, stopped, pulled a lever and a door opened and there were stairs decending down to probably a secret room.

"Cool." I replied as we got down the stairs.

"Thanks. It's my own private room, well when I was here." She smiled and went towards the corner and started digging.

The room was a red color, with little purple blotches. She had portraits everywhere, of different people. There was Sergei, probably her parents and family. Then one caught my eye, it was at the very end, it was me, in modern day clothes, and another one where I was a half vampire, and then the other one was of those to pictures together. I shivered. Creepy, I hope that doesn't perdict the future.

On the other wall, were different kinds of things. Things to cast spells with, books, frogs, they were dead of course. And yeah, that's about it.

"Here it is." I looked at what she got out of her cubboard type thing.

"What is it?" I looked again more carefully, it was a necklace, with a head and it looked to be a vampire. In it's wide open mouth, was a purple-red diamond.

"It's a necklace silly. I had it for at least 500 years, and now its time I passed it on to you." She smiled.

I smiled. "Oh, thanks. It's really pretty."

"Anywho, now, if you do have music; like I know you do. This shouldn't be hard." She smiled, showing her fangs. "Now, if you want something to appear, all you have to do is visulize it." She paused, thinking. "Okay, maybe we should start off small. Try to make an apple appear."

I nodded. I made a clear vision of an apple. MMM...apple. I felt this tingly feeling in me, and when I opened my eyes, there sat an apple.

"Good. Now try make a ring." I looked at her. Since an apple to a ring, was such a big step. "It's not that hard."

I sighed. I pictured a ring in my head. It was the one my mom got from daddy. He died when I was 2. It was a gold ring, with 5 diamonds, 4 around a big one. I felt that feeling again, and opened my eyes, and there sat the ring I always wanted.

"Good. Now something bigger." She paused. "Aha! A bed."

"What?!?" She looked at me skeptically. "Alright"

I picture my bed. It was a queen size, but I thought of a twin instead. It has four posts, and a net type thing on top. I felt a really big sensation, and opened my eyes, and I was sitting on my bed.

"Great. Now make all the things you just made disappear."

"Even the ring?" I asked sadly. She nodded, and I sighed.

I pictured the room, completely as it was, without the bed, apple or ring. And the sensation was so strong it felt like I was going to faint. I opened my eyes and I was on the floor and the room was how it looked before.

"Good, that should be all now. Can't drain your energy too fast now. Come on, we should go and eat." I smiled and followed her upstairs.

End of Chapter 3

A/N: Well there is chapter three. Hoped you liked it. xxx Review please. Oh and also, about her and her "brain" talking. She was just having a conflict with herself. Just thought I would mention that, just in case any of you were confused.
Sign up to rate and review this story