Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Consequences of Obsessing Over Vampires

Akasha

by xoxlove-goddessxox 0 reviews

Akasha

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-01-22 - Updated: 2008-01-22 - 3295 words

0Unrated
We walked down the long corridor, but this time it seemed different. The walls were a very pale grey, and there was still pictures of Akasha, but they seemed gloomier. Does Lord Sergei have little hope in us? It seems this castle is connected to him in some way. I looked over at Deylinn, noticing he still had the silver locket I gave him, and I have my golden one he gave to me. I smiled to myself as I continued walking behind the two boys, remembering the first day I met Deylinn.

The first day of school. Oh, I can hardly wait. "Katie, hurry up or you'll be late for school!" Mom yelled up the stairs.

"Yes mom!" I ran down the stairs, seeminly surprised at how neat the house looked. Odd, what what mom doing? "Mom, is someone coming over?"

"Yes, sweetie. Our new neighbours are coming for dinner, so they can get aquainted with us." She smiled and continued washing her glass plates.

"Oh. Well I am going to go." I grabbed my bag, and headed for the car.

A few minutes later I pulled up to a big high school. " Wow, they sure did alot to this school." They fixed everything, new windows, doors, grass...

"Katie!! Come on, hurry up and park, there are new kids at school." I got pulled out of my thoughts.

"Okay." I yelled back at my friend Jennifer. She was wearing a brand new outfit, a pink mini-skirt with a blue halter top and her hair was pinned back neatly. Can anyone say PREP? I giggled to myself as I parked the car.

"Hey Katie, good summer?" My friend Todd asked as he came up beside me.

I smiled, "Yeah, it was great. How about yours?"

"Not to good, I dare say." I looked at him oddly. "My grandparents died, both at the same time, the doctors are baffled. There was nothing wrong with them, but yet they died."

"Oh my! I am so sorry." I embraced him in a hug.

"Thanks. Oh, but there is something that happened over the summer besides that." He smiled hugely.

"What's that?" I looked at him and giggled. He is so cute, when he does that. We have known eachother for like ever. His brown wavy hair, reaching to his ears, his glasses fit perfectly on his face; not making him look like a nerd. Every girl wanted him, his gangster look just completed him. I don't know where I would be without him.

"I got a girlfriend." He looked at me, to see my reaction, but I was like still in my thoughts. "Uh, Katie?"

"Oh sorry. What did you say?" I blushed a little.

He laughed, "I got a girlfriend, and she now comes to our school, so you can meet her."

"That's great Todd." I smiled, and turned my head to see Jennifer walking towards us.

"Did you guys hear? We got two new students that are in our class this year." She smiled happily. Jenn, is a cool girl, she's a model for a very famous magazine, Teen people. Her nice thin long legs, her face always happy looking, her thick blond hair, pinned half way up her head. Always looking pretty.

Todd and I laughed, "No we didn't hear. But one of them is probably my girlfriend." Todd replied.

"Oh? You have one? You never told me. But you are probably right, it's a boy and a girl. They moved here over the summer. They are twins, but he is soo cute." She squealed the last part.

"Cool." I muttered.

Jenn grabbed our arms and pulled us to the rest of the group was waiting and that's when I saw him. The perfect him. He was wearing, baggy pants and his long brown shirt, his eyes were warm and bright, like the sky; his hair was black with red and his hair was spiked. I stopped walking and just stared at him. There was a girl beside him, who looked exactly like him, except she had red hair, and was wearing a blue mini-skirt with a pink halter top and a small white sweater. Must be his sister.

"Katie, are you okay?" Todd asked, noticing my expression.

I got out of my thoughts, "Yeah I am fine." The girl noticed us, and half walked, half ran towards us. When she got closer she put her arms around Todd, and kissed him on the cheeck.

"Hey Todd! I am so glad you are here." She smiled, her perfect white teeth shining.

"Hey, Jordanne. How is school so far?" She looked at him oddly. "What?"

"School hasn't even started." Jordanne, Jenn and I started laughing, thats when she noticed us. "Oh, hello. I am Jordanne." She out strected her hand.

I embraced it, "Katie." I smiled.

"Oh so you are Katie." I just looked at her. "Sorry, Todd has been talking about you all summer, saying 'wait until you meet her, you'll love her.'"She smiled.

I turned a bright red, "Oh." I looked at Todd and he shrugged.

"So shall we go back to the group?" Jenn asked.

"Sure." We started walking towards them, and I looked back at the boy, he caught my gaze and stared back at me. It felt like we connected.

"Hey Deylinn!" Todd screamed, and then they did this handshake.

"Hey Man! How you been?" Deylinn, the boys name, asked. But not taking his eyes away from mine. Up close, you could see his muscles through his shirt, his perfect form, and maybe was four inches taller then me.

"Good, good." He looked at him and then me and smiled. "Deylinn, this is Katie, the girl I was telling you about." Just then the bell rang.

We started heading towards the school entrance, "Hey." He replied, walking beside me.

I blushed a light pink, "Hi." He smiled.

"So I hear I am in your class." I nodded. "Cool. Do you think we will have the same classes?"

"I don't know. Maybe." I replied and ran to catch up with Jennifer, leaving Deylinn with a blank look.

AFTER SCHOOL...

I ran out the school doors at 2:00. FREEDOM. I walked over to my car, and got in. I started it up and was about to leave, until I seen Todd walking up towards me.

"Hey, leaving so soon?" I nodded. "Why?"

I giggled slightly, "Have to help my mom, with the house. We are having guests for supper tonight." I smiled and waved.

"Oh, okay. Bye!" He waved back and I sped down the road, towards my house. I walked into the house a couple minutes later. "Mom! I'm home!"

"Up here sweetie!" I heard a yell coming from the attic. I went up there, and there was mom, looking exhausted. "How was school?" She tucked in her blond hair, which was coming out of it's perfectly shaped bun. She was wearing, a white shirt with coveralls on.

"It was good. Met some people. Nothing exciting happened." I smiled and sat down on a dusty stool.

"Oh, that's too bad." She smiled from the stool she was standing on. Well the guests will be here in about 20 minutes, so if you want, to go get into something more homey." I nodded, and got up. "But first, do you think you could help your mother down? I kind of got stuck." I laughed and helped her, and left.

I came downstairs 10 minutes later wearing blue jeans, and a purple t-shirt, my hair into a half pony tail. I walked into the kitchen to see my mom, now cooking supper, and out of her 'work' clothes. She was now wearing a light blue skirt that went up to her knees, and a white halter with a pink sweater. If it wasn't for me, she would have been lost in the fashion don'ts.

Ten minutes later, the doorbell rang. Mom went to go answer it, while I watched dinner. The guests came into the kitchen and they sat down. I turned around right into the blue eyes, I thought I would never see again, well besides school.

"Katie, I didn't know you were our next door neighbour." Jordanne squealed with delight.

"Oh, you two know eachother?" Her mom asked.

"Yeah, we go to school together. Mom, Dad, this is Katie." She smiled happily at me.

I went over and shook their hands, "Hello, Mr and Mrs. Corrs."

"Please, call me Alice and my husband Frank." I nodded and went back to the stove.

"Dear, let me finish, how about you take Deylinn and Jordanne to your room for awhile." Mom suggested, and I nodded.

Upstairs, me and Jordanne chatted away. I kept stealing glances at Deylinn. Not really paying attention to what Jordanne was talking about. I put in 'Oh's and cool once in awhile, but not really caring. Until she said something that caught my interest.

"And Deylinn, hasn't stopped talking about you all day!" She giggled happily.

I looked over at him, his face a bright red. "Really?" I asked him.

He nodded, "Yeah."

I turned pink. Love. "Cool." He looked at me.

"Cool?"

I nodded. "Yes, cause I was doing the same thing."

And that's how we started going out. We had a special bond, even before we met. We were now out of the castle and on a gravel type road. I turned around to look at the castle, it was no longer black, but a grey. There was one window that was lit with light, so I figured that's where we left Sergei. There wasn't a moat around it, just in case you were wondering, it's not like fairy tales, there was tons of grass though, it was a whole bunch of colors. Mostly grey, red and blue.

"Damien, why is it that the color changes?" He looked at me confused. "I mean on the castle, before it was black and now it's grey, and the inside wasn't as pretty as it was."

"That's because, Lord Segei is connected to the castle. No one knows how, but they think is has something to do with bloodline." I looked at him, and he sighed. "They say, centuries before Lord Sergei was born, his Great Grandfather built this castle, out of magic. They say, that when he was building it, he made it so, the castle was one with him and vice versa. So every bloodline descending from him, is connected with it, whatever the mood, the castle is that exact mood."

"Oh, would that be a good thing or bad?" I asked.

"Both I suppose. If the castle ever got broken into, or damaged, so would Lord Sergei. If Lord Sergei died, and there was no heir to rule the castle, the castle will disappear, and never return."

"Oh, that's terrible. But he has been alive for awhile now, and it seems that he has no children." Deylinn piped up.

"True, he never really wanted children, but a few centuries ago, he met Akasha and fell in love. Of course, it was never meant to be, for she was a mortal and he a vampire. But later on, she became a full fledged vampire, no mortal blood in her at all." He looked ahead.

"Wait. If she has no human blood anymore, than she's not related to me, therefore I can't learn the magic, and I won't be able to go home." I realized sadly.

"No, no. Just because she is not completely human anymore, doesn't mean you arn't realated." He smiled sincerely. "And besides, it doesn't matter. If Akasha is still alive, you won't have to learn magic."

"Oh, that makes me feel so much better." I muttered. I looked down and started running, tears stinging my eyes. Mom. Tears now blurring my vision, I didn't notice the figure ahead of me, so I collided. I wiped my eyes and looked at the figure still standing. "I am so sorry."

"Don't worry about it Katie." The figure replied.

"H-how do you know my name?" I asked, completely stunned.

"That is not important. Come we must hurry and get back to my house. Deylinn and Damien hurry over here." They looked at eachother and then came running.

"Who are you?" Damien demanded as he caught up to us.

"Not important. What is important, is that I get you guys back to my house." The figure in black was stating, it was a girl.

The boys looked at her suspiously, "We arn't going anywhere, until you tell us who you are." Deylinn told her.

"All you need to know is I am a friend of Sergei's now please, come with me." She started walking towards the city, as we followed her.

20 minutes later...

We entered the city, it was really really plain and kind of desserted. All the houses looked the exact same. They were two-story town houses, and they were all grey-blue with black doors. There was no grass whatsoever, the ground was grey, and it was still gravel roads. Talk about ghost town. We stopped at a house, can't really describe it cause it looks the same as all the others.

"Here we are." The girl replied. She opened the door and we filed in.

"Cool, I'm exhausted." I replied as I sat down on this persian looking couch.

"Now tell us who you are and how you know Lord Sergei." Damien demanded as he sat down on this big leather chair.

The girl lifted her hood off and all three of us gasped, it was akasha. "Akasha?" I asked.

"Yes. I have been here, hiding." She replied.

"Hiding? From what?" Damien managed to say.

"Everything, everyone." She looked at me and smiled sadly. I could see her past in her sad blue-grey eyes.

"Well tell us what happened after you left Lord Sergei's place." She nodded and grabbed some drinks and gave them to us.

"After I left the castle, I came here. I must say though, it never always looked like this." We looked at her confused. "Someone put a spell on this city, and I imagine other ones. This town used to be full of kids playing on the street, and bright green grass. Everyone knew everyone, it was a happy community." She paused, remebering her past, "One day, a big dark cloud passed over head, everyone ran inside, except for the tough ones, and I stayed as well, for I had promised I would protect this city. As you can see, I failed. It was a dark sorcerer, the man who killed old Anderson." Damien gasped, "I used lots of magic that day, fighting him, trying to win, but he was to strong."

"Wow, that must have been awful." I muttered.

She nodded, "It was. For he put a curse on this city. I can't remeber what he had said, but I have been trying to break it for centuries. Everyone looked so lifeless, like walking zombies. I was mortified. I was unharmed by this spell, for I was a descendent of Anderson. But I have never actually figured out how to break the spell."

"I bet its one of those easy spells." She looked at me, "Like you only need to use one word for the whole spell to come undone."

"Katie, I think you have been watching to many movies." I blushed slightly.

"You know, she may be right." Akasha smiled, hope finally broke free.

"What? You don't actually believe her do you?" Damien questioned, while I glared.

"Yes I do, afterall, she is related to me." She smirked, as she started lookin through spell books. "I can't believe I have missed this, it was right there in front me." We looked at her confused. "Sorry, I have had these spell books since I left Sergei's and well, I have been looking in them for centuries to break the spell/curse. Whatever you want to call it."

"Oh, I see. So now you have found the spell to undo the curse?" Deylinn asked, surprised by her sudden outburst.

"Yes. It's amazing." She looked at me. She smiled and started reading, then looked up at us, sad all of a sudden. "I can't read this."

I walked over and scooted her out of the way,"Hmm." I examined the book and words in front of me. "Are you telling me you can't read latin?"

She shook her head, "No, I never learned."

"Ah, I see. Anywho, it states that the world of the mortal world is stronger than any sorcerer. So to unbreak this curse laid upon this town, a mortal or half mortal has to say the spell."

Akasha slumped into a chair sadly, "But I don't know any mortals, and I have been here to long, so I have no mortal blood in me." Tears started coming from her eyes.

"Uh, what about me?" I pointed to myself.

She shook her head, "You don't know how to use magic, or cast spells."

"So, if I am related to you, I should be able to out of instinct." I smiled.

"I don't think that is such a good idea, we don't even know if you have any magic in you." Damien pointed out.

I sighed, "You are such a worry wart, Damien." I smirked and went back to the book. "Herb for healing, Herb for hope, Herb for strength, Herb to cope. I call an thee, spirits of water, earth, fire and air to aid me in this healing." I raised my hand, and repeated it three times.

"Katie, I don't think you're doing it..." Her voice trailed off as a purple-blue mist surrounded me. "What's going on?" She screamed.

The ground started shaking, I started floating. Everything started to turn back normal. That's all I remember, for I woke up on the floor, no memory of how I did it, but just knowing I did something good. Hopefully.

"Katie?" Deylinn rushed over to me.

"I'm fine. How about everyone else?" I asked. Deylinn just looked at me. "The people." I got up and walked over to the window. It was such a beautiful site, kids playing, green and I mean green grass, and the town houses didn't look so dull, but full of life. I smiled.

Someone grabbed me from behind and threw me up into the air. "Katie, you did it!" Akasha squealed.

"I guess I did." We both fell on the floor and started laughing.

"What do you purpose they are doing?" Damien asked Deylinn.

"Girl stuff?" They both nodded in agreement. "Well in that case, we will never know."

"Right." There was a knock on the door and Akasha went to go answer it. There was a big cheer, so we all rushed over there.

"Akasha! Akasha!" They were chanting her name.

She giggled. "Please everyone. Calm down, for I am not the one who saved you." There was a silence. "It was my cousin Katie!" She smiled, and pushed me in front of her.

"Katie! Katie! Katie!" I blushed lightly.

"It was nothing." I giggled happily.

"Come, we must now go back to Lord Sergei." He looked at Akasha. "Are you coming?"

"Sure. Why not? I could use another adventure, and to visit that old man" She laughed happily as she looked around, said something and had a suitcase filled with stuff.

"How'd you do that?" I asked stunned.

"Magic. While we are at Sergei's, I guess I shall teach you the magic of our great Ancestor Victor Anderson." She smiled. And we were once again on our way, through the now paved road.

End of chapter 2

A/N: Hope you like it. Its 9 pages long, and it took me into the AM to write. Read and Review!!
Sign up to rate and review this story