Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Lost? Or Just Waiting To Be Found?

Let Me Break This Awkward Silence

by TheOfBlackestHearts 1 review

‘Thud’ was the sound of someone dropping their books on a desk. ‘Thud’ was the sound of someone sitting down beside me. ‘Thud’ was the sound of a heavy textbook falling off of that said...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2008-01-25 - Updated: 2008-01-26 - 314 words

0Unrated
‘Thud’. It was that sound that brought me out of my daydream. ‘Thud’. The sound of someone dropping their books on a desk, somewhere to my left. ‘Thud’ was the sound of someone sitting down beside me. ‘Thud’ was the sound of a heavy textbook falling off of that said desk.

“Hello Gerard,” I mumbled quietly, not looking up from my list of Spanish adverbs. Who else would it be? After all, he had said that he would ‘see me in Spanish’.

He murmured a sort of greeting in my direction, picking up the fallen textbook and then fumbling through a stack of papers that looked like they had been through World War II.

“Did your parents freak out when you got home so late?” Gerard asked, somewhat bluntly.

Since he was still busy organizing the papers, I rolled my eyes into the back of my head. My parents? You’ve got to be kidding me.

“No,” the word sounded colder than I had intended, and left my throat feeling as if I had swallowed a lump of bitter chocolate. He nodded, not pressing the subject, and I went back to my pathetic adverbs.

A few minutes passed in silence. Okay, silence between us. The rest of the class seemed to believe they were at a rock concert, judging by all of the screaming.

“Uh…Anna?” Gerard leaned toward my seat. “I need help.” He set his half finished worksheet on my desk. Without a word, I pointed the chewed tip of my eraser at the correct answer, and went back to my work. “Oh… that makes sense,” he decided. “What about this one?”

By the end of the class, I had basically done his assignment for him, but I was okay with that. Being Latino, Spanish was just about the only class that came easy for me.

Math, well, that was another matter.
Sign up to rate and review this story