Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Smokers Outside The Hospital Doors

Our Best Shot

by BreakingDawn 4 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-01-29 - Updated: 2008-01-29 - 516 words

0Unrated
Gerard's POV
We are sat in the same room we were less then 24 hours ago, this time with a number of different doctors and hospital workers, but the doctor we saw yesterday is no where to be seen. Frank is talking to an oncologist, and I'm not lisenting.

"Gerard? Did you hear that? This is our best shot".

The doctor he was talking to smiled. She was blonde, and pretty, she seemed somehow out of place here. I always pictured oncologists as middle-aged men with greying hair."Bone marrow transplanets have had a lot of success in other patients. It's risky, but often the result is worth it. Our only issue would be finding a matching donor."

Frank frowned. He looked at me. "I think my dad would rather let me die then be a donor." That comment hit me hard. What would normally just be a phrase to make a point held much more significance now. In the situation we were in, Frank [i]would[/i] die without a donar.

Then I remembered. "Were the same blood type. Could I be a donar?" My heart started beating unnaturally fast. There actually might be some hope.

"It's possible. We can test you if you like."

"Yes, please." Frank answered for me. He could tell exactly what I was thinking. He touched my arm, and smiled. "See? I told you. Everything will be fine."

Maybe. Maybe the world hasn't ended yet afterall.

Frank's POV

I held Gerard's hand as he had the two huge needles shoved into his arm for the bone marrow test. He hates needles - I knew he would rather sit in a room with giant spiders then have a needle in him. The fact that he was doing this for me - And the fact that he was possibly going to save my life, was all too emotionally overwhelming.

I gripped his hand tightyy. "I suppose you'll be in this position soon. Holding my hand while I try not to cry like a baby." I smiled.

Gerard frowned. "Don't joke about things like that."

I nodded, careful of his fragile emotions. "Okay."

After the test, the hospital told us they would call as soon as they knew the results. We walked out of the hospital holding hands, and I felt, hopeful. Hopeful that maybe things would right themselves again...No matter how long a road it was.

A few hours later, the phone rang. Neither of us moved to answer. "I'll go." Gerard said eventually.

"Hello?" I heard him answer. His voice was shaking with nerves. My stomach was doing back-flips. I despertely wanted to hear the rest of the conversation, but the door was closed and I didn't think I had the strength to attemp to move.

I waited what felt like an eternity. Then Gerard came in, and the look on his face and the tears gave it all away, and my hopefullness disappeared again, I felt dread come over me. When did it become so hard to breathe? Gerard looked at me.

"I'm so sorry, Frank. I'm not a match."
Sign up to rate and review this story