Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Tall, Dark, and Tattooed

Part Huit

by killertrend 4 reviews

It's a coffee shop love affair.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-01-29 - Updated: 2008-01-30 - 410 words

0Unrated
Harper spent the entire next day busy at work, though her mind constantly wandered to her first date with Pete. Despite Emmie's criticism she felt assured in her decision not to have slept with him. Although, it had been two days since that night, and Pete had yet to call her.

"He'll call." a coworker whispered, a knowing look in her eyes.

"How did you know...?" Harper stared at her in astonishment, she hadn't been thinking out loud had she?

"I just know these things." The girl winked and turned to help a customer. Harper shook her head in bemusement, hoping with her whole being the other barista was right.

"Tall mocha latte!" someone yelled above the din of the mid-afternoon rush, and Harper scrambled to fill the order. Just as she popped a top on the cup, a shadow fell across the counter and she glanced up to see a pair of handsome brown eyes looking back at her.

"Pete?" He smiled, all teeth, leaning forward and resting his arms on the dark countertop. Just like that first day they had met.

"I believe that's my order." Harper checked the cup only to see that in fact, PETE was written there in black permanent marker.

"That seems to be the case Mr. Wentz. Do you need anything else?" She felt an urge to shiver upon seeing the wanton look in his eye, and not in an unpleasant way.

"Just one thing, I want to see you again. The guys are coming to my apartment tonight, will you come too?" Pete silently prayed his eyes didn't betray too much emotion. Patrick had told him once that eyes are the window to a person's soul, but Pete's were a window to the farthest reaches of his heart. Needless to say, Patrick had suffered a severe headache for a week afterwards.

Harper was surprised, if not incredulous. After her refusal and his subsequent absence from her recent calls list, she figured he had moved on. Her mind could not get past his fame, and the way she assumed he was. Not many men who claimed Ashlee Simpson as an ex would continue to pursue a girl like herself. She just could not understand it.

"I'd love to." Pete flashed another camera-ready smile and wrote down his address on a napkin.

"I'll see you tonight Harper." She nodded, tilting her head as he leaned across her workspace. Oh how she loved his kisses.
Sign up to rate and review this story