Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Tall, Dark, and Tattooed

Part Neuf

by killertrend 2 reviews

Harper meets the band. Joe causes some more trouble.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-02-27 - Updated: 2008-02-28 - 993 words

0Unrated
Sorry for the delay. Here you go :] Please review.



She thought about his hands while she twirled her mascara, his lips while she dabbed concealer, his eyes while she pulled on her jeans.

She thought about a lot of things while winter winds blew outside her window and Blossom purred softly beside the radiator. Mainly about Pete, and the strange sensation she got in in the pit of her belly when she let her mind wander.

The taxi ride to Pete's apartment was a nervous one. The driver kept a tense eye on her, mistaking her unease for fraudulence. The trip held a $20 fare, and he wasn't about to forget it.

All too soon however, she was on her feet in front of Pete's door, knocking gently, praying silently. For what, she wasn't sure. Something about him just made her heart race, her palms sweat, her head swim.

Something about him was just so...impulsive.

Harper heard music from within the apartment, and the loud raucous voices of men. As the door swung open, she was greeted by an afro-ed boy with a distinct air of mischief.

Joseph Trohman.

"Pete I think your girlfriend's here! Either that or Patrick got another stripper!" Harper laughed quietly as Pete boxed Joe soundly around the ears and smiled at her at the same time.

"Hey Harp. Sorry 'bout that. Joe has no manners. Joseph, Harper. Harper, Joseph."

"Nice to meet you. Sorry about Pete. He has no sense of humor." Joe smirked wickedly, tossing back a bottle of Corona and disappearing into Pete's apartment.

"This should be fun." Pete sighed, motioning Harper through the door.

She almost immediately noticed his decorating skills as she entered, much better than she would have guessed for a bachelor his age. Everything coordinated nicely, nothing too outlandish.

"I used to watch a lot of Trading Spaces." he chuckled when he saw her looking around.

Looking into an open door Harper spotted what she assumed was Pete's bedroom. A large picture window above his bed displayed the 10 o'clock moon in all its glory. A strange familiarity settled in her chest at the sight. His room reminded her of some window in some town far from Chicago. Of a boy and a house she used to know.

She shook her head, ridding her mind of its train of thought. This wasn't the place to delve into the past.

"Harp, this is Patrick and Andy. Guys, this is Harper." Pete slid an arm around her shoulders, gesturing towards two other young men lounging on a couch. They smiled warmly at her, Patrick waving slightly.

"Nice to meet you."

Harper grinned, returning the wave.

"Nice to meet you too."

"So, Harper, what do you do for a living?" Joe questioned from his seat in a leather armchair.

"Um, well, I'm a barista at a coffee shop and a freelance photographer." She took a seat next to Pete, Joe's unfocused gaze still on her.

"Barista barista bariiiiista...I like the sound of that. It sounds like 'senorita'. Like, you know, from Mexico. Mexico's pretty sweet. You ever been? No? You should go, you'd have a great time." Harper just watched in bemusement as Joe rambled on and on, Pete shaking his head.

"You smoke weed? You can get good weed in Mexico. If you know where to go. Pete's right, by the way, you are hot." Harper's cheeks flamed, while Pete's lost all color.

"Trohman..." he growled, "Shut up."

"Yeahh, I would totally have sex with you. I mean, if you wanted me to have sex with you. I mean, if you didn't that would be cool too. But it doesn't really matter because Pete has dibs anyways." Patrick was snickering slightly in the background, Andy choosing instead to continue his game of Halo.

"SHUT UP!" Pete yelled, snatching Joe's beer and slamming it onto the table.

"Ok, yeah, I definitely wasn't done with that."

Harper finally decided to speak up, afraid Pete would break something next. Joe, for example.

"It's ok Pete, really. He's only kidding." Joe nodded gratefully at her.

"Exactly Peter, I was only kidding. Like I said before, you have no sense of humor."

Pete just glared at him, hands on hips in a decidedly feminine stance.

"Just stop harassing her."

"Whatever you say dude. I was just trying to compliment her sexiness."

"JOE!"



The rest of the night passed in much the same way, Joe constantly taunting Pete, Pete consequently yelling at Joe. Eventually Andy and Patrick left for the night, shaking hands with Harper, promising to call Pete the next day. Even Joe decided to head out for the night. Harper was worried about his drunken state until Pete told her that Joe "conveniently" lived one floor down.

"Which basically means he can bug me at all hours of the day without even having to leave the building." Harper's melodious laugh echoed around Pete's living room, bringing a smile to his face.

She took his hands in her own, looking up at him with the biggest eyes,

"I had a good time tonight, it was great to meet your friends." He nodded, relishing the feel of her petite fingers on his. He smoothed a thumb over the back of one of her hands, stepping closer.

"I'm glad. I was afraid Joe would scare you off."

Harper's breath hitched as he bent down for a kiss, twining their fingers together. She tilted her head, feeling her neck redden and her cheeks blush. Her heart was pounding in her throat, her toes tingling.

"Pete..."she breathed, wrapping two thin arms around his neck, his immediately going to her waist. There was barely a centimeter of space between them now, body heat radiating off in waves.

Harper moved towards him slightly, causing Pete to take a step backwards. Another step. And another. He realized the direction she was taking and repressed the smile that threatened to split their kiss.



Dun dun dunnnn. ; ]
Sign up to rate and review this story