Categories > Original > Romance > I've got these feelings, don't cha know?

Chapter 3

by Lollipops_n_Gumdrops 0 reviews

"Hey, I know the girl is a slut and a total coke head, but her music is pretty decent. Besides, hunny, I know your dirty secret. I've seen your Fall out boy CD's you hide. There's no need to be ash...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-02-01 - Updated: 2008-02-01 - 3069 words

0Unrated
When Noah opened his eyes, he noticed three things that weren't normal. One, he was not in his room. Two, their was people talking around him, and three, wherever he was, the thing he was in was moving. A car, Noah could figure that much out. What he didn't know was why there were bunk beds in a car. Then it hit him. He was in Pretty boy Fury's tour van! Of course! That would explain the bunks! But, who's bunk was he in? Moreover, why was he there?




Noah blinked, yawning widely. He wiped at his eyes, trying to get rid of that crusty feeling he always got from waking up, then stretched. When his muscles and bones popped, he let out a satisfied sigh and sat up in the bed, nearly hitting his head on the bunk above. He was relieved to see he was still in his clothes from yesterday when he looked down. He would have felt worried if one of the band members had seen his body when changing him. Bruises were ugly, and who would want to see something like that? Especially his favorite band. He couldn't stand to think of their disgusted expressions if they found out.




"Hey, could you hold this for a minute, Oli?" The sound was muffled a bit, probably because it was further down the bus, but Noah knew that voice anywhere. It was Frank. And Oli was short for Oliver. As in Oliver Creste, the drummer of the band.




Noah felt his heart pound a little more forcefully. He still couldn't believe he had met Frank! It was his dream come true, although technically he hadn't mentioned his name to Frank yet. Well, actually, he hadn't really said anything to the vocalist. He'd been too nervous to really do anything more than mumble incoherent noises. And that was why he was in their van in the first place. Fainting was a thing he'd always had a problem with, but it still didn't get any less embarrassing. And now he owed the band for ruining their New Year's day.




Noah frowned, his eyebrows knitting together. How was he supposed to pay them back? He was rich, that was for sure, but what was he supposed to do to pay them back? He couldn't just out and offer them some cash, because that'd just be really awkward, plus they had plenty of that, being rock stars and all. The teen then shrugged, he would have to figure it out later, right now he needed something to eat, his stomach had just rumbled rather loudly. He frowned at it, before swinging his legs out of the bunk and pulled the curtain back.




Walking down the short hallway, he shyly peeked into the living room/kitchenette, seeing all of the band in the same room. Cory was absent though, probably off partying somewhere, the magazines had always said that he was the bad ass of the group, always out drinking and going to raves, taking groupies and having a little 'good clean fun', as he had put it in the interview.




The rest of them were there though. Oliver was on the armchair, his thin legs sprawled out over one of the arms, and his hands behind his head of unruly long red and blonde streaked hair. He was staring at the ceiling absently, his eyes unfocused and relaxed.




The bassist of the band, Nelson, was on the small yellow loveseat next to the utterly gorgeous Frank, game controller in his hands, fingers working the buttons absentmindedly and amusedly as he watched his character kill the enemy. He let out a shout of victory, and raised his hands up, waving them around. "I fucking won! How awesome am I bitchez?" he cried, nudging Frank with his elbow a little to hard.




Frank looked up from his book, which was currently in his lap with his legs curled up Indian style on the cushions, to stare at Nelson blankly. "What?" he asked, flipping his head to the side to get his raven colored locks away from his eyes. He seemed to have been absorbed in his novel, and was a little annoyed that someone was bothering him, and it being Nelson, it was definitely something stupid.




Nelson just rolled his eyes, throwing the controller back over to the console and sighing dramatically. "In your own little world over there Frankie? A book can't be that interesting that you don't even know what I said!" he teased, stealing a glance at what Frank was reading, only for the vocalist to snatch it away from his view quickly, closing it, and putting it into his bag. Nelson looked at Frank suspiciously for a moment, but was interrupted by a soft knock coming from the bunk area.




Noah, who had been watching this the entire time, smiled shyly as the three teens looked up at him. His own eyes wavered on Franks, who was looking over with his eyebrows raised, and instead landed on Nelson and Oliver. "Um, sorry to interrupt…." he murmured, his voice quivering slightly in nervousness. After seeing the three of them, his hunger was suddenly replaced with anxiety. He really didn't want to have to explain to either of them why he had fainted in the first place.




"Don't worry, nothing interesting was going on anyway." Oliver smiled, looking at him with upside-down eyes. "We were wondering when you were going to wake up, you've been out of it for almost nine hours."




At this Noah's eyes widened, and he looked out of the small window near the microwave. The sun was already up, so it was probably eight or nine in the morning. "I-I'm so sorry! I didn't mean for it to happen. I usually don't stay out of it for that long." Noah said, scuffing his toes on the carpet nervously.




Nelson shook his head, smiling brightly. "Don't worry about it, cutie! We weren't really looking forward to going to that party anyway, right guys?" the bassist said, raising his pierced brows and looking at his two band mates. Frank made a weird noise and shrugged, while Oliver looked away and scratched at his neck.




Noah felt awful; he had ruined their night! It was obvious they had wanted to go to that party, I mean, it was a New Years party! And those are the biggest celebrity bashes ever! It was entirely his fault. Completely and totally his mistake. Why hadn't Frank just left him there in the bathroom, on the floor? He would have been okay; he always ended up fine. Now he had to make up for even more things! How was he going to repay them? If their fans ever found out that Noah screwed up the boy's night, they would murder him, no joke. Never underestimate the wrath of a fan girl, cause it isn't something pretty.




"I-I promise I'll make it up to you all for causing so much trouble. I really didn't mean too." he said, looking down at his feet ashamedly. When he looked back up, all three of them were staring at him. They then looked at each other, Frank raising his eyebrows, Nelson stifling a giggle behind his hand, and Oli biting his lip.




"Well…I guess you could do something for us." Frank said, a slow smile coming to his lips. He glanced at the other two who were looking at him questionably, and winked.




Noah instantly perked up at the idea, and he looked up happily. "Anything". he said, bouncing on his toes a little. He couldn’t help but feel a little excited that he could help out.




Frank's eyes sparkled warmly up at him, and Noah felt his cheeks heating to a rosy tint. "Come out to lunch with us! I'm just dying to meet one of my biggest fans." he said, his lips quirking upwards. At Noah's questioning glance, Frank laughed. "Cory told me how you two met, and you fainted when you saw me." he said, his bright blue eyes amused as he bit at his lip rings to keep from laughing, cause Noah had his mouth open, his eyes wide in horror, and his face as red as a tomato, which was apparently a very amusing color.




He gaped for another minute or two, blinking stupidly, before Frank took pity on him. "Please come with us, Noah? We love talking with fans." he smiled, un tucking his legs and putting them on the ground.




Nelson and Oliver were nodding, amused smile on their faces as well. "Especially ones as gorgeous as you". Nelson said slyly. Noah was almost sure they were doing this just to get him flustered, and he felt himself blushing even more. He always knew Nelson was the one in the band who was the most open with relationships, as he had told reporters once that he was bisexual, so Noah wasn't all too surprised that he was flirting. It was just that he was flirting with him, with Noah. Nobody ever flirted with him, clearly there was something wrong with the bassist.




"Plus, I need you to tell me how you did your eyeliner like that!" Oli said, up righting himself and pointing towards Noah's smoky black eyes. He looked rather excited at the thought.




Noah felt flattered, but something was still nagging at him. "Okay!" he said, his eyes shining happily. "But at least let me pay for the food?" he offered, leaning his arms against the wall and looking at the three of them.




Nelson shouted and clapped his hands. "Free food!? How could we refuse an offer like that?"




Oliver rolled his sea foam colored eyes, and smacked Nelson over the head with the television remote. The bassist yelped, then rubbed the back of his head, turning to look at Oli with a pout on his lips. "What was that for?" he asked, gazing at the drummer with slightly reproachful eyes.




Oliver looked as if he were about to laugh, his lips twitching. He managed to calm his expression though, and shook his head. "You're so thoughtless!" he murmured, although the kicked puppy look Nelson was throwing at him took the venom away from his words, and he ended up just sighing.




Noah giggled, his hand going up to cover the noises. Frank snorted as well, looking at Noah, then back at the two, who were now bickering about what restaurant to go to for lunch. Apparently, it was a long-term battle between Moxie's and Subway




Frank sighed, and got up from the couch. "Okay guys, Noah's paying. And we're going to Moxie's."




Something akin to a squawk erupted from the bassist and he glared at Frank. "That's not fair! Why do you two always do that? We never get to go where I want to go." Nelson huffed, crossing his arms.




Oliver laughed, then reached over to stroke Nelson's cheek. "Aww, baby." he mock-cooed. Said bassist only slapped Oli's hand away, his cheeks turning pink, muttering curses under his breath.




^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^




When the van stopped at the restaurant, all four of them bounded out of the vehicle. As they walked towards the doors, Noah let himself relax a little more. He was paying, so he was paying them back. Everything was good now.




When they got inside, a perky girl with equally perky hair bounded over to them. Her nametag read 'Candy'. Noah inwardly rolled his eyes, that name went good with her bleached blonde hair and cheap manicured nails. She looked like the normal slutty Barbie, but what else was new these days?




"Right this way, please." she turned away from them, but not before batting her insanely long eyelashes at them, and led them to a booth near the back of the restaurant.




They all slid into the red couches, with Nelson and Noah on one side, and Frank and Oli on the other side. Noah was across from Frank, so when he looked up, he would be looking straight into those electric eyes.




Candy handed them all a stack of menu's, making sure when she leaned over her rather large chest was in plain view, but also in Olivers face. "Here you go. I'll be back in a couple minutes to take your orders." she said cheerily, before winking and strutting off to an old man in a corner table.




When Candy was gone, Oliver made a disgusted face. "She smells like a cheap prostitute. And silicone."




Nelson giggled, before peering over his menu. Once they all knew what they wanted, (They all ordered a pizza, except for Oli who being a vegetarian scowled at them and gave an explanation about what poor little creatures they were killing by ordering extra pepperoni.) Frank turned his attention onto Noah, and away from Candy who was trying to flirt with Oli, but failing pathetically.




"So, Noah. Since we're being so nice and letting you crash in our bus, ya want to tell us a little about yourself?" Had it been anybody else, Noah probably would have thought that this rather sounded like an interview or something, but he paid it no mind and nodded.




"What do you want to know?" he asked, absentmindedly unrolling his silverware and arranging it so his fork and spoon lay right next to his knife. He felt slightly unsure because he didn't really want to get any personal questions where he'd have to tell the embarrassing truths, because he couldn't lie right? He knew for a fact that he was a terrible liar, so he'd just have to make sure he answered honestly, but not too honest.




"Well, first of all. How old are you? Cause you don't look eighteen and you got into a nightclub yesterday. I know Cory probably got you in, right?" Frank picked up his water, taking a small sip.




Of course, Noah knew he didn't look old enough. He'd always had the same baby face, smooth skin, big eyes, everything that you would normally lose before you turned sixteen. Noah hated looking so young, because people always treated him like a kid, and underestimated him a lot of the time.




"I'm sixteen." he muttered defensively, and made the mistake to glare at his cutlery rather harshly. Frank just laughed and shook his head. "Hey now, it was just an innocent question. I wasn't insulting you or anything."




Nelson turned around from facing Oliver, and giggled at Noah. Apparently he had heard what had annoyed him. "Yeah hun, besides, your youngness just highlights how adorable and innocent you are." he said brightly and ruffled Noah's hair.




Noah blushed, and half-heartedly swatted at Nelson's hands. "I'm not that young."




^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^




The rest of the 'interview' had been really fun, to Noah's surprise. He was surprised to find out how much in common him and Frank had had.




They both had the same taste in music, although that was a given. But they found that they both loved the same type of book, in which Noah had embarrassingly admitted he loved sappy romance novels, and was shocked when Frank blushed and said that he had been reading 'Twilight', a book about a girl falling in love with a vampire. He said that if Nelson had seen the cover this morning he would have made sure to make fun of him for the rest of his life, no joke. It wasn't his fault, he insisted, he just had a slight vampire fetish.




Along with everything else, Noah had been happy, seeing as he hadn't managed to embarrass himself too much the rest of the afternoon. Unless tripping over his feet and falling straight onto an old man counted as embarrassing. The man forgave him, of course, if not for Oliver giving him a free coupon to a bingo session Noah was almost certain he would have been beaten to death by the man's cane. He also wondered why Oliver carried around bingo coupons, surely he didn't actually play! Unless they were for the next hundred people Noah happened to trip over, it wasn't likely.




After nearly running away from the restaurant, the three band mates asked Noah if he wanted to stay and hang out with them for a while. They weren't leaving for their next city for another couple of days, so they had plenty of spare time, seeing as they played their concert already.




For once, Noah was actually having fun. They were at a local music store that Noah had suggested, just around the corner of the restaurant, one Noah went to often enough but never actually bought anything from.




Nelson was leaning over a rack in the pop section, reaching for a Brittany Spears cd. At the disgusted glance he got from Frank, he narrowed his eyes. "Hey, I know the girl is a slut and a total coke head, but her music is pretty decent. Besides, hunny, I know your dirty secret. I've seen your Fall out boy CD's you hide. There's no need to be ashamed of it sweetie, we all know you have a secret mancrush on Pete Wentz." Nelson smirked, while flicking through some Beyonce albums. Oliver smirked as well, and nodded. "It's true, ever since he told the press he was bisexual, you've been daydreaming about him everyday!" he teased, taking an Alesana CD and looking over the back. Nelson cracked up, and hid his giggles in Oli's shoulder.




Frank's mouth opened, his eyes wide and disbelieving. "I do not! Uh, I don't even like guys Nelson. God." he muttered, turning away from them and walking towards the cashier with his assortment of punk CD's. Nelson didn't miss the blush that flew across Frank's face though, and he rolled his eyes and exchanged a knowing glance with Oli.




Noah missed it though, looking down. For some reason that Noah didn't know, well he actually did know, he felt disappointed when Frank mentioned not liking other guys. Why did he care though? It wasn't as if he would have the slightest chance with Frank even if he was gay, or bisexual, and it wasn't as if Frank would be interested in him, considering the other five billion better looking and funnier people available to him. Plus, Noah didn't have anything special about him, unless you call getting straight A's and getting beaten by your father 'special'.

Life was so not fair.
Sign up to rate and review this story