Categories > Original > Romance > I've got these feelings, don't cha know?

Chapter 4

by Lollipops_n_Gumdrops 1 review

Noah sighed inaudibly, watching his feet as they walked at a leisurely pace. It was almost nighttime, and there were a few stars poking out of the sky, along with a small sliver of the moon visible...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst - Published: 2008-02-01 - Updated: 2008-02-01 - 875 words

0Unrated
After the four were done with their puchases in the music store and were walking down the street, Noah found himself in a slightly bitter mood. He blamed it on the fact that they were walking him home now, and that he'd have to face his parents soon and tell them where he'd been. It certainly was NOT because of what Frank had said in the store. However, this was the truth, even if Noah denied it. Since it really was making him sulky, to know that his silly little crush would never ever in a million years amount to anything at all.

Noah sighed inaudibly, watching his feet as they walked at a leisurely pace. It was almost nighttime, and there were a few stars poking out of the sky, along with a small sliver of the moon visible between a mound of misty clouds. If not for the street lamps along the streets, it would have been fairly hard to see anything at all. At least it wasn't cold though, with it being summer, Noah didn't have to worry about freezing to death at least.

He peeked over at his new friends, and couldn't help it when a little smile tugged at the corners of his lips. Nelson was walking next to Oliver, their fingers entwined with each others, the bassist was babbling about a pretty yellow flower he'd seen in passing with swinging their hands back and forth. Oliver smiled and rolled his eyes, but the gesture was affectionate as he squeezed Nelsons hand before nodding then looking over at said flower. He plucked it out of the ground, then turned towards Nelson and put the daisy behind his ear. The bassist blushed but smiled prettily all the same, his eyes lighting up as he giggled and fluttered his eyelashes.

"Do I look pretty as a princess now?" he teased, but from the look on his face, you could tell he was flattered at the small gesture the drummer had done. Oliver smiled, then took his hand out of Nelson's. Nelson looked as if he were about to whine, but before he could get any words out Oliver flung his arms around the bassist's neck, trapping him in a loose hug and gave him a small kiss on the cheek. "Of courrrse you are, gorgeous." He purred, rolling out the r's like a cat would. If cat's talked of course. Nelson blushed, his cheeks turning red, he looked quite flustered. "Oh."

Noah laughed, as he thought of how much they acted like a couple. So much, in fact, that he couldn't help the question that slid from his lips. "Are they together?" he asked, turning towards Frank and motioning with a flick of his wrist towards Nelson and Oliver, who were still walking amiably, fingers entwined once again.

Frank shook his head though, and made a pained sort of expression. "No. Olivers actually straight, but they flirt and fool around all the time anyway. I don't really believe that though, especially cause every time he gets drunk he ends up making out with some guy or the other. And it doesn't really help that Nelson's got this mad crush on him. I'm pretty sure he's been in love with Oli ever since they met, love at first sight and all that."

Noah frowned, and kicked at a rock, watching as it bounced down the road and into a shallow ditch. "Does Oliver know that Nelson loves him...like that?" He somehow knew what Frank was going to say, before he said it.

"No. He hasn't got a clue." he shrugged. "And if he does he hasn't asked Nelson about it yet, not that I know of anyway. Plus, he actually has a girlfriend." Frank looked at Noah and shrugged again, then brought his shoulders down so they slumped a bit.

Something in Noah chest pang'd, and it hurt faintly, like an uncomfortable throb of his heart. He too knew how much it hurt to have an unrequited love, and with how much Nelson seemed to love Oli, he knew he must be hurting. He also knew how jealous people could get, so he wondered how Nelson could cope with Olivers girlfriend sometimes. Surely he would call her. They'd have pet names, and murmur 'I love you's' to each other before sleeping, and then when waking up. And since they're on tour right now, Nelson would have to hear everything, and probably have to endure the drummer talking about her and saying how much he loved her, missed her, and wanted to be with her some more.

"Poor Nelson." he murmured, not saying it loud enough so that Frank could hear though, more just to himself. He felt as if it needed to be said.


The rest of the walk home, the whole twenty minute walk to his mansion, all that seemed to stick in Noah's mind, and all that Noah could really think about was how unfair love and life are. Why is it that some people are lucky with things like love, and some people aren't? Why do some people get to be loved, to love back, and to be in love, while all the unlucky others have to die alone?
Sign up to rate and review this story