Categories > Original > Drama > Of guns and guitars

The REAL Training

by xoxDjDangerxox 0 reviews

Read and Review please!

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2008-02-03 - Updated: 2008-02-03 - 1855 words

0Unrated
Joe groaned as a foreign alarm rang next to his head. Since when did he own a clock? Since when did he own an alarm? And on a saturday. He turned over and glanced at the illuminated numbers. It read 5 am. He moaned and turned on his back to stare at the ceiling. His eyes closed. He turned on his stomach and yelled into his pillow.

“ WHAT THE FUCK!?” he screamed. He glanced over to kevin who was hanging off his bed at an odd angle. He was snoring loudly. Joe sighed and pushed himself up on his elbows. “ kevin.” Nothing. Not even movement. “ kevin!” Still a blank response.
“KEVIN!” he didnt even flinch. Joe glanced around the room for something to throw at kevin. His eyes stopped on the gibson guitar leaning against its amp. A smile appeared on his face. He got up and plugged the guitar in. He turned it up all the way and put the amp right next to kevins head. Joe strummed the guitar hard causing the sound to shake the room. Kevin shot up so fast he fell off his bed. Joe fell to the floor in a laughing fit. Kevin got up and looked at joe .

“ I hate you.” Said kevin in a matter of factly tone. Joe ignored his comment and got holding his sides.

“ Dude, you should've seen your face. I thought you were about to pee your pants.” He said falling into his bed. Kevin smirked.

“I suggest you should grab some couch down stairs. Because if i were you i wouldn't sleep in the same room as me.” He said tossing joes blankets and pillow out of the room. He shoved joe out the room. The door slammed in joes face. All of a sudden nick came running down the hall. Chasing him was frankie with a large water gun , completely full. Joe laughed as he watched a soaking wet nick was chased down the steps.

“REACH FOR THE SKY NICKIE!” yelled frankie.

“ DONT CALL ME NICKIE!” joe heard nick yell from downstairs. What was happening? Joe walked down the steps. He rubbed sleep from his eyes as a sweet smell reached his nose. He blinked a couple of times before realizing that he wasn't dreaming. There in the kitchen was Marie, and she was cooking. The table was full of eggs, bacon, sausage and toast. She was in a black tracksuit And her pin straight hair was in a pony tail that stopped at her neck line. She turned around from the stove and smiled. Joe almost melted in his spot.
“ Oh, Morning joe.” She giggled as she looked down. “ Nice boxers, but im a met fan.” He looked down and blushed. Something that raley happened.

“ Um not to be rude but what are you doing at my house.” He said sitting down. “ At 5 am?” She smiled again.

“ Well, we have to start your training. First things first, start your morning off bright and early.” She said. Nick walked in the kitchen dripping from head to toe.

“ Was this your doing?” asked nick looking to joe.

“ Oh , sorry nick. Your dad said that an alarm clock wouldn't work so i hired your brother to hose you down with water.” she said. He looked at her.

“ Are you serious? An alarm clock would've been fine.” He said sitting next to joe , who was stuffing his face. Frankie came running in a smile on his face. He walked up to marie who reached into her wallet and handed him $5.

“ Nope, we already tried an alarm clock on you didn't work.” She said. Nick shook his head and started to eat. All of a sudden a scream sounded through out the house. Kevin came running down stairs in nothing but a towl.

“ WHERE”S MY EFFIN CLOTHS?!” he yelled to nick. Nick smiled.

“ Sorry, not my doing.” said nick.he turned to joe.

“ Don't look at me.” He said sipping his orange juice. His eyes turned to Frankie.

“ Alright , i know it was you where'd you put my clothes?” Asked kevin who rounded on him. Frankie's innocent face stayed innocent. He smiled angelicly. “ Well?”

“ I just wanted to make a tent last night.” He said gesturing toward the outside.Kevin looked ready to kill.

“ you used MY clothes for a tent. Outside. Last night. When it rained harder then it has all year.” Stated kevin. Frankie nodded. Kevin went to go after him but he ran in maries arms. Kevin noticed marie standing there for the first time since he walked in. He blushed when he once again realized he had a towl on.

“ Joe , lemme borrow some of your clothes.” said kevin. Joe swallowed and looked at him.

“ Hell no. Last time i lent you my jeans they got stretched out. And my shirt too.” said joe.

“ Jeans can't stretch dumb ass.” said kevin

“ Apparently with your fat ass they can.” back sassed joe. With that joe received a good whack in the back of the head from kevin. Joe , not expecting it started to choke on his drink. Marie giggled. All of a sudden kevin , nick ,joe and frankies mom and dad came walking in.

“ What's this?” asked Mrs. Jonas. Marie smiled and walked over to her.

“ Hi, Mrs. Jonas im -” But joe interupted.

“ An angel.” Said Joe with a mouth full of food. Marie smiled.

“ Marie Parker.” she finished. Mrs. Jonas smiled.

“ Nice to meet you, but may i ask why your here do early?” asked mrs. Jonas

“ Oh, i have to start there...you know early.” she stated quietly. Mrs. Jonas nodded in understand.

“ Oh , well im fine with this but im wondering how you got these boys up early. I can't even get them out of bed for school.” marie smiled.

“ Well, joe's easy, an alarm clock. For kevin joe played a pluged in eletric guitar and nick got soaked with a water gun by frankie who woke up by me bribing him with$5 to do it.” She explained. Mrs. Jonas and Mr. Jonas smiled to her.

“ Well, there up and your welcome to come over early to wake them for school.” said Mr.Jonas.

“ Oh, okay as long as kevins fully clothed and joe has mets' boxers on.” She laguhed. Joe and kevin blushed. “ Well, i need all three of you to meet me down here in a half hour so we could go for a little run.” all of a sudden joe spit out his juice and nick started to choke on his food. Kevin was so surprised his towl almost dropped.

“ Running?”asked nick trying to catch his breath

“ Running?!” asked kevin holding his towl closed.

“ Running?!” said joe coughing .


“ Yes?” she said.

“ Uh , im diabetic. So i can't” said nick looking down.

“ Yeah , i have to go to this thing.” siad kevin

“ I have cancer.” said joe.


“ Mhmm , first nick diabeties doesn't count as an excuse. Kevin i seriously dought this thing you have to go to is real and joe you don't have cancer.” she replied.

“ HOW WOULD YOU KNOW I DONT?!” Yelled joe.

“ BECAUSE I READ YOUR FILE SO GO GET YOUR ASS DRESSED WERE GOING RUNNING!” joe looked taken aback by her yelling. He ran upstairs to get dresses. She turned around and looke at nick and kevin.

“ WHAT ARE YOU DOING JUST STANDING AROUND GO! GET DRESSED!” she yelled at kevin who ran from the room faster then ever so he wouldn't get yelled at more. She turned to a shocked nick. His mouth hanging open in shock. “ YOU TOO GO!” he jumped up and ran upstairs.


About a half hour later, all three boys came jogging down the steps in track pants and sweatshirts. Joe smiled to her.

“ Okay were ready.” Joe stated. She smiled to them.

“ Good. Today, ill just start you on 5 miles today and then tommorw we'll make it 7 miles.”

“ ARE YOU SHITTEN ME?!” Yelled nick.

“ No effin way,” stated kevin in shock.

“ I can't even do one.” said joe.

“ Well, im here to change that.” she said opening the door. The four walked outside in the cool fresh air. The breeze brushed there cheeks as the jogged down the street. About 2miles later the three boys lyed on there bare backs in the green grass of a local field. All three of them out of breath and almost in tears. It was already 12pm. Marie smiled to them. All three boys' sweatshirts were abbondened next to them. Marie hadn't even broken a sweat.

“ God , you guys are that out of shape?” she asked looking at the worn faces.

“yes...OW!” yelled joe grabbing his side. “ Muscle cramp!”

“ are-you-seriously-going-to make-us-do-7-miles?” asked nick in between every breath. She giggled.

“ Of , course. But for now we still have another 3 miles.” she said getting up.
All three groaned. “ Oh come on , up.” She said. Marie pulled off her track jacket and had nothing but a sports bra on . She wrapped the jacket around her waist. Joe's mouth hung open. ' Wow' he thought. Kevin and nick smiled to joe. Marie turned to them.

“ Ready?” all three boys nodded. Joe's mouth still open. He shook his head and started to run again. They arrived at a local beach and sat down to rest. All three boys once again in pain fell to soft sand , in there bare backs. All three were breathing hevaley except marie. She got up from where she was sitting. They had been running all day and were worn out. Marie smiled as she watched the sun start to set. The skys turned a redish yellow and purplish orange.

“Wow.” she breathed walking over to the ocean. The cold wind blew her hair as she pulled it out of her pony tail. Joe realized that marie had gotten up so he pushed himself on his elbows. Still breathing heavley he smiled. All he was the large setting sun and a sillohette of marie. Kevin sat up as well as nick. They looked from joe to marie and smiled to each other.

“ you know , if you stop starring at her ass , then maybe she'll get the notice you like her.” Said kevin, nick laughed. Joe shook his head and got up. He just wanted to do it. Just kiss her then and there. But he knew it would all come in good time. He walked over and stood next to her.

“ hey.” said joe. Marie never looked his way.

“ You know what i like about the sunset?” she asked quietly to joe who hadn't expected this.

“ Um no.” he said back.

“ that it never changes and you'll always know it will rise again. I wish i could say the same for my family.” she then looked to joe who seemed in awe. She then realized the last thing she said.


“ What do you mean?” asked joe interested.

“ Nothing.” she said looking down.Joe realized that she didn't want to talk about it so he didn't push her. Joe watched marie walk back. This girl was a mystery to the world. But mystery never stoped joe before, why now.
Sign up to rate and review this story