Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Like a light bulb

by Silvana 3 reviews

"His soul, his light, that shone like a beacon"

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2008-02-05 - Updated: 2008-02-05 - 354 words - Complete

0Unrated
No one can go through life without meeting someone who instantly lights up a room. Everybody, at some point, meets somebody like that. I was lucky enough to meet one of those people in high school. Maybe you know of him. He’s kinda well known now. Frank Iero. Yeah, told you you’d know of him.
See, I met him at school. Catholic school. My parents were religious fanatics, what can I say? Anyway, I was an introvert. I didn’t mix with other people. I didn’t want to mix with other people. Don’t know whether you’re like that. But anyway, the one day, I just saw him from my dorm window. Oh, didn’t I mention? It was a boarding school. And then he ran into me as he hurtled down a corridor he wasn’t meant to be on. Since then we were friends
Anyhow, I never dated him. Never. Does that surprise you? Didn’t surprise me. He was too bright, too loveable, too…sparkly to ever love me any other way than as a friend. And then he met Jamia. Sweet, sensational, sparkly Jamia. Two special people deserve each other. Ordinary, plain people, like me? We should be honoured to know these people.
When they finally married, because of course they did, Jamia asked me to be a bridesmaid. And I said yes, because, really, what else could I do? At the reception I cried, and everyone thought they were happy tears. But they weren’t. They were sad tears, because Frank was finally, firmly, forever out of reach. So yes, I loved him but I adored Jamia as well. She was like the sister I never had.
And now? Now its several years later, and I’m still alone. Except now Jamia is as well. ‘Cause Frankie died. Adorable, amazing, awesome Frankie died. From pneumonia. Such a stupid way to die, but he always was getting ill really easily. And his soul, his light, that shone like a beacon, has been snuffed out. Out like a light bulb.
________________

An: And remember guys, real men sparkle.
Sign up to rate and review this story