Categories > Anime/Manga > Tsubasa/xxxHolic > Of Love and Pain

Chapter 4

by cattyfuzzy 0 reviews

Category: Tsubasa/xxxHolic - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Fye,Kurogane - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-02-08 - Updated: 2008-02-09 - 952 words

0Unrated
Wedding Rings

Sakura stared at the turquoise box in front of her, she had secretly hoped that Kurogane would pop the question to Fay soon but four months has passed and still no action from the man.

She remembered how ecstatic Fay was the day when the law for marriage between the same sex was legalized and Kurogane had dragged her off to Tiffany & Co seeking her advice for the perfect ring for Fay. It was absolutely adorable, she had never seen Kurogane so flustered and indecisive as he looked at the wide range of designs available. Finally, they settled on an vintage design with a blazing sapphire encrusted in the middle of the band for Fay and a simple band of platinum with mini sapphires running through it for Kurogane himself. She really was happy for them, they have been through so much sadness and confusion. It seems like such a long time ago when they first met.

Kurogane was a successful lawyer who is at the peak of his career and Fay was an up and coming pop star embroiled in a scandalous affair with the mogul of the biggest recording company in town. Their first meeting was purely for professional reasons, Kurogane was hired to be his legal consultant and their love – hate affair started pretty soon after. They couldn't get along in the first place with Kurogane's impression of Fay being a slut who slept his way to the top and Fay's impression of Kurogane being the arrogant, lofty bastard that he was. Soon however, Kurogane found out about Fay's tragic past and his misgivings about Fay fade away to be replaced by sympathy and empathy and than to the protective love that he so longed to provide Fay with.

Fay on the other hand was not someone who accepted good intentions gracefully, he was constantly trying to push Kurogane away, pressing all his buttons hoping he will snapped and leave...but of course Kurogane being the stubborn oaf that he is, persisted and pushed forward bit by bit, till Fay gave in. To be frank, who wouldn't fall if such a good looking man spent a good two years chasing after you? To be frank, it was also lust for Kurogane on Fay's part when he started to open up the door to his heart for Kurogane to step in.

Well...she might have to lend a helping hand if Kurogane was suffering from some anxiety attack. Poor Kurogane, his brain was always on vacation when it comes to matters concerning Fay.

Kurogane in the meanwhile was in his office pacing up and down making the last minute arrangement for the flight and hotel confirmation, he wanted it to be perfect. He was on the phone talking to the concierge of the hotel when Fay burst through the door to his office, trilling about some newbie trying to emulate his style from his latest MTV and how un - classy was that? He snapped the phone shut without bothering to say goodbye and prayed that Fay didn't notice anything suspicious.

“Who's were you talking to? Kuro – chan?” Fay asks as he slump down gracefully onto the funky Nelson Marshmellow Sofa he had recently purchased for Kurogane's so boringly corporate looking office, the bright red sofa strike a strong contrast in the midst of black and gray tone furnishings.

He was about to answer when Sakura walked in without seeing Fay and plonked the turquoise box infront of him.

“I seriously wonder when will you propose to him? Are you losing your nerve?” She demanded loudly and realised something was seriously wrong when Kurogane's twitch near his eyebrow became very visible and he was signaling for her to look behind at the corner of his office.

Fay looked at the box and than to Sakura before turning his attention to Kurogane's mortified face before a wonderfully blissful grin appear on his face as he realized what was going on.

“Oh, Kuro – pii, that's so sweet of you. You were going to propose to me?” Fay purred and skipped across the room and gave Kurogane a tight hug before he dived for the box that contained those precious rings.

“Hn...Of course...what does this look like to you?” he growled half-heartedly. This was just great...Murphy's law is always round the corner waiting to pounce on him whenever something important is supposed to take place between him and Fay. This time it came in the form of innocent looking Sakura.

“Kuro – wanko...this is beautiful!” Fay whispered as he tried the ring on himself still with that silly blissful smile on his face, gazing lovingly at the sapphire that so matches his eyes.

“Well...I am glad you love it. Humm..silly, you are not supposed to put it on yourself.” Kurogane continued as he reached out for Fay's fingers and retrieved the ring.

He sigh seeing that his plans were so ruined he should at least have a go at it in the traditional way. He spun round and knelt down infront of Fay on one knee, took a deep breath and...

“Fay, I am sorry things didn't go the way I planned. I was supposed to bring you to...” Kurogane's blabbering was cut off by Fay's impatience voice.

“Kurogane - san...will you just ask the question?”

“...will you marry me Fay D. Flowrite..?”

“Yes, I will and I would have even if you didn't ask.” Fay replied as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a ring encrusted with a beautifully cut garnet stone, blazing and sparkling just like Kurogane's eyes and threaded Kurogane's finger through it as he gave him the sweetest kiss.
Sign up to rate and review this story