Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Her Best Therapy

Chapter Four

by highoxer15feet 2 reviews

What would you do in six months?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-02-09 - Updated: 2009-01-06 - 1794 words

0Unrated
“Are you sure you’re up for the party?” Gabby asked uneasily.

Carson rolled her eyes, “Positive. Don’t stress Gabby. You saw how I single- handedly kept McDonald’s in business today.”

“I know, but it you-“

“If I feel the least bit off, tell you and we’ll leave. Anything else mom?” Carson asked exasperatedly.

Gabby grinned, “Yeah. You look hot.”

Carson smirked, “I know.” They started to walk out, when Carson spotted her piano. She ran over, quickly playing ‘her’ song to calm her nerves. “Okay, I’m ready.”

“Where did you get that skirt?” Gabby asked suddenly.

“I made it from an old pair of jeans and a few shirts back in my first year in Paris,” Carson explained. Her skirt looked like stylish patchwork, the kind that on the right person never went out of style. She had a black tank top, and a long sleeved red and white striped sweater that went down to her knees, going farther than the skirt.

Brandon was waiting for them by the car, “Damn Gabs, are you planning on making me jealous tonight?”

“You already are baby, you already are,” Gabby winked seductively at her boyfriend.

Carson covered her eyes, “My eyes, my poor, innocent, virgin eyes!” She peeked out and sighed with relief to see they were done. “Can you refrain from doing that in my presence?”

Gabby shook her head and smiled, “C’mon, we’re going to be late.” They arrived and Carson couldn’t believe she was actually at the house of Pete Wentz. At Pete Wentz’s party. She shook it off, it’s not like she didn’t know him.

Gabby was stuck protectively to Carson’s hip, and it was getting annoying. “CARSON!!!!” She turned around to see Pete walking toward her. “I’m so glad you could make it. You look good.”

“So do you,” She said. “I just have a little problem stuck to my hip.”

Pete looked at Gabby, “Go have fun with Brandon. I think the Academy Is… guys are over there.” Gabby’s eyes lighted up, and she practically dragged Brandon to where Pete had pointed.

“How’d you know how to get rid of her?” Carson asked.

“When I saw her in the parking lot in the hospital, she refused to talk to me because she was ‘getting therapy from the rock Gods’,” Pete laughed. “And any Fueled by Ramen band recognizes another within seconds. It’s a gift. I want you to meet some people.”

They linked arms, and started to walk around, but stopped when they heard someone scream, “CARSON!!!!! MY LOVER!!!” The next thing she knew, a very hyper Brendon Urie was twirling her around. He put her down and preceded to bounce on the heels of his feet, “I’m so happy you’re here! I haven’t seen you in like two weeks! Wait, why are you here? How did you get invited?”

Carson laughed and hugged her friend, “Pete invited me. We met last week after the concert.”

“Hold on a minute!” Pete said confusedly. “When did you two meet?”

Brendon smiled, “I found Carson when she was shopping, and singing one of our songs. She has great taste in shoes.”

“And B-don here needed some advice on how to cut his hair,” Carson teased.

Brendon blushed, “Anyways, you haven’t met Ryro yet.” Carson waved at Pete, and shrugged, as if saying, “What can you do?” Brendon led her to Ryan Ross and the rest of Panic At The Disco. “Ryro, this is Carson. Carson, Ryro.”

“Can you stop calling me that!” Ryan hissed. Carson stared at them, observing them. That’s her thing. She could read people. Except when it involved her of course. Something dawned on her as she watched them bicker. Her eyes widened, and she tugged on Brendon’s sleeve, pulling him into a secluded part of the room.

“What?” He asked, looking annoyed.

“You’re in love with him!” Carson said, her mouth gaping.

“What? Who? I am not!” Brendon went through confusion, shock, and denial in the time span of five seconds.

Carson laughed in that way people do when they’re in disbelief, “Just the way that you knew who I was talking about almost immediately and then denied it proves that you are.” He opened his mouth, but Carson started to speak before he could get a word in, “And don’t try to deny it again, because I saw the way your eyes sparkled when you were talking and teasing him. And you practically egged him on so you could find an excuse to touch him.”

“So what if I love him, he doesn’t love me back,” Brendon retorted sadly. Carson opened her mouth to counter, but shut it again. Better to save that information until it was confirmed.

“Whatever, I better go find Gabby before she has a heart attack,” She walked away, going to Pete instead of Gabby. She found him at the promised candy bar, and she immediately picked up a handful of gummy bears.

“What was that all about?” He slung his arm casually around her shoulders.

“Nothing really, I just might need to get Cupid’s bow and arrows out,” Carson said, settling her head in the crook of his shoulder.

“You doing okay?” Pete whispered.

“Yeah, just tired, nightmare’s of off-key notes kept me up,” Carson joked.

“I think Gabby’s having an aneurysm over finding you,” Pete chuckled. Carson looked over her shoulder and smiled.

“I better go ease her mind,” She said, making her way toward her friend.

“Thank God Carson!” Gabby yelled. “I thought something had happened to you!”

“Calm down Gabby,” Carson stressed. “I was talking to Brendon, then went and got candy and said a few words to Pete. I’m not made of glass. I’ll tell you if something’s up. Trust me.”

Gabby nodded, “I trust you. But we should probably get out of here by midnight, or one at the latest. We all have to work tomorrow.”

“I’ll meet you at the car at twelve-thirty, a perfect compromise.” Carson weaved through the people, feeling slightly claustrophobic. She spotted a door, and decided to spend some time outside. She breathed in the cooler air, and sighed. The cold always let her think more clearly, it made her feel more comfortable.

She heard someone cough and she looked over. A man she vaguely recognized from a band was sitting there smoking, “What are you smoking?” She asked suddenly.

“Pot, want some?” The guy said. Holding it out to her.

Carson thought for a moment. She wasn’t the type to do drugs. She’d never even taken an extra pill for a headache. But then again, she had cancer. Carpe diem. “Sure.” She coughed a bit at first, but soon…
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Pete was worried. Gabby had told him they were going to leave around twelve-thirty, and he hadn’t seen Carson since ten. It was twelve-twenty, and Gabby looked panicky.

“I’ll find her. I’ll meet you by your car,” He said calmly. He checked all the rooms; feeling tired, and opened a window. He leaned out and heard a giggle. Pete’s eyes widened as he looked down, and he ran outside.

“Pete!” She gasped. “I’m high.”

Pete’s eyebrows shot up, “I can see that. C’mon, we better get you out of here.” He picked her up bridal style and nodded at the man, “I’ll see you in my office bright and early Monday.” He used a menacing tone, and the man cringed.

“You’re really hot, did you know that? Not in the heat kind of way, in the way that makes me want to jump you.” Carson babbled on, laying her head against his shoulder. “You know, I really wanted to kiss you yesterday, but Brandon interrupted and that was not nice.”

Gabby spotted Pete carrying her and ran over, “What did you do?”

“I didn’t do anything,” Pete said hurriedly. “Some idiot who will be fired on Monday gave her pot.”

Gabby stared for a moment, “Here, we’ll take her home.”

“No it’s okay,” Pete said. “I’ll take her. And don’t worry, I’m not going to try anything.”

“Ok, her key is in her purse,” Gabby handed him her purse. “Put her in bed, make her some tea, make her lay down in bed, and can you stay on the couch or something? Who knows what kind of trouble she could get into.”

Pete nodded, and walked over to his own car, gently easing Carson into the backseat. “Pete, you’re leaving me,” She whined.

“I’m taking you home,” He explained.

“But I was having so much fun,” Carson said puzzled. “You have a skylight.” She observed absentmindedly. She pushed the button to open it, and slowly pulled herself out. She screamed and Pete heard some cars honk. He looked up and couldn’t believe his eyes.

“What are you doing?” He hissed, pulling her down.

Carson shrugged innocently, “I’m pretty sure I was flashing the cars.”

“Don’t do that! Gabby is going to kill me!” Pete said.

“So you didn’t like what you saw?” Carson asked.

Pete blushed, “Well, I uh… I umm… It was… I mean…”

“Are you nervous around me?” Carson whispered. Pete gulped, and happily turned into the parking lot for her apartment complex. He picked her up and again, and climbed slowly up the stairs. He put out her down at her piano, and walked over to the kitchen. He pulled out the tea, and started to make it, watching Carson carefully.

“I’m going to make up a song,” Carson announced. She started to play random notes, and making little marks on the paper. She was humming, and writing words obsessively on that piece of paper. Pete took the tea of the stove, and poured it into a mug for her. He miraculously coaxed her into her bed, and handed her the tea.

She breathed it in, and smiled, “Mmmm, lemon.” By the time she had finished the cup, she was dead to the world. Pete tried to extract his hand from her grip and leave, but she pulled him back. “Stay with me.”

He climbed in beside her, and she rested her head against his chest. “Goodnight Car.”

“Nighty, night Peter Panda.”
Sign up to rate and review this story