Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Number Phobia (Gerard/Frank)

Chapter 1

by Lollipops_n_Gumdrops 4 reviews

Gerard 'hmmed' to himself in thought, before setting a look of determination on his face. Before the plane touched down, it was his mission to get Frank's number. He was going to get it no matter w...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2008-02-01 - Updated: 2008-02-24 - 1956 words

0Unrated
“Passengers, please take your seats, we are about to lift off. We will be arriving in Toronto in approximately twelve hours. If you have any concerns or problems, please feel free to buzz for one of our flight attendants. They will be more than happy to help. Now, please buckle your seat belts and enjoy your flight on Free Air.”

The tinny voice from the intercom scratched out in the airplane, making it difficult to figure out what the pilot was saying. Clanking metal sounded from the few passengers that were boarded on flight, as they clicked in their safety restraints.

A couple of kids in the front of the plane were blabbing to each other excitedly, talking about all the fun things they were going to do when they got to Toronto. Their curly pony tails bobbed up and down as they bounced in their seats, along with their sparkling grins and matching purses. What were assumably their parents around them were shushing them half-heartedly, and wearing exhausted but happy smiles along with the girls.

Behind them was an elderly couple, the old man reading a newspaper over his glasses and the woman looking through her old-fashioned hand bag, probably searching for lipstick.

Apart from those few people, there was only one other person on board, at the very back of the plane.

He was a teenager, around the age of nineteen, with dark black hair that fell smoothly around his shoulders. His eyes were a bright hazel that stood out beside his deathly pale complexion, around them were a rim of heavy Kohl eyeliner, smeared around his eyelids.

His attire was simple, but different enough, with a gray t-shirt with the band name 'The Misfits' imprinted in black, and a pair of skin tight black jeans, with ripped knees and a studded belt buckle. On his feet were a pair of Etnies shoes, with black and white checkers all around. To put Gerard's style into words, it would probably be...a parent's nightmare.

Thankfully nobody was paying attention to Gerard, because they were too busy talking to each other and laughing. That was the way he liked it though. He was almost positive that if they did start paying attention to him, the only things they would do is glare and give him dirty looks. Probably even a muttered “Delinquent.” or “Queer.” from some of the passengers. He didn't really mind, he got that kind of thing all the time, (that is when girls weren't hitting on him) and he was used to it, but being somewhere where nobody cared about what you looked like was very relaxing.

Gerard peered around, watching the elderly couple curiously for a moment, then stifling snorty giggles behind his hand as he saw the old women slap the man over the head with her purse, scolding him for falling asleep in his chair.

The man rubbed the back of his head, looking at his wife sheepishly for a moment, before uttering a couple of quiet words that Gerard couldn't hear. They appeared to be an affectionate couple of words though. The woman's face softened and she leaned in to kiss the man's cheek.

Figuring he shouldn't be eavesdroppping on a private moment, Gerard turned his head away from the couple and settled for looking out the window two seats away from him.

The view was crappy right now, because they were still on the ground. Gerard couldn't wait to get in the air, and see all the nights city lights twinkling down below. His black polish chipped fingernails were already scratching at his thighs in anticipation, his fingers begging for his art book and charcoal to be right in his hands. He could already see something coming to mind, he really wanted to get drawing.

The sound of the wheels starting up startled Gerard out of his thinking, and he noticed that he hadn't even put on his seat belt. Clicking it in quickly, Gerard slapped himself mentally for being so ignorant. He tended to space out a lot.

After they passed along the runway, they were soon up in the air. Of course Gerard's ears were popping pretty loud, but he hardly noticed. He was used to it, he traveled a lot. Once they were safely in the sky and everything was stable, one of the female flight attendants announced that they could remove their seat belts and were allowed to get up and stretch, eat, drink, put their music on and all the good stuff, so Gerard was in a slightly better mood than before.

Before he had time to do anything though, their was someone coming up next to him, smiling politely, and pushing a cart down the isle. This certain someone was, in Gerard's mind, 'absolutely gorgeous.'

He was another teenager, like himself. He looked about the same age as Gerard, except that the boy he was looking at was beautiful (Unlike Gerard.), and Gerard almost did a double-take.

The boy was wearing the regular flight attendant's uniform, but somehow he seemed to make it less dorky, and more casual. He was actually pretty short. Really short in fact (Shrimpy?), but that didn't bother Gerard, since the boy was adorable.

He had semi-short hair, shiny and black, with a little red streak in it. His bangs fell over one of his eyes. Those were pretty too, Gerard thought. He had a lip ring, and a couple of other piercings that could be seen in his ears, but the thing that stood out for Gerard the most was his tattoos. He could only see one of them, a scorpion on the side of his neck, but from the looks of it he knew there were more of them down his body. Which was, almost too much for Gerard to bear.

“W-Would you like something to drink....sir?” the boy said, pulling Gerard out of his gawking to look at the attendants face. A red ring graced the boy's cheeks. He seemed to be trying to keep his eyes from faltering on Gerard's.

Obviously he'd noticed that Gerard had been staring at him rather suggestively, because his polite demeanor dropped a bit, along with the sudden blush.

“Sure...can I have a bottle of water, please?” Gerard asked, his voice coming out purr-like. It seemed very smooth.

If someone had watched Gerard talking they wouldn't have thought that he seemed nervous, but it was a different story coming from his point of view. Gerard could feel his heartbeat speeding up and his adrenaline rush coming, and if he hadn't been holding on to the chairs arms, he was almost positive he would have been shaking.

The boy nodded quickly, running a hand through his unruly locks. “Sure.”

He bent over to fetch the bottle from the cooler then held it out towards Gerard with slightly trembling fingers.

“Here you go, would you like a cup and ice too?” he asked, waiting for Gerard to take the water.

Looking over towards the boy's uniform, Gerard noticed a name tag with 'Hi! I'm Frank!' on it.

Gerard smirked.

Taking the bottle, Gerard made sure to brush his fingers with Franks (Which he did stealthily, of course.), and nodded. “Yeah, I'd love that Frank.” he smiled up at him and crinkled his eyes.

He thought he saw something flash in the male's face, but it went by too fast for Gerard to notice. Frank was getting his ice. He did, however, see the little quirk of Frank's lips when he called him by his name.

“You can call me Gerard by the way, I hate being formal with 'sirs' and 'misses'.” he said, pushing a lock of hair behind his ear. It was true too. When people called him things like Sir, or Mr. Way he always felt way old, like his parents.

Frank came back up with a bucket, and poured a couple frozen cubes into his cup.

Frank shrugged,“Okay.” setting the drink in Gerard's hands.

“Anything else I can get for you, Gerard?” he asked, and his name seemed to just roll right off his lips like silk. He tilted his head to the side and looked at Gerard curiously.

Gerard shook his head, and popped an ice cube into his mouth, rolling it around with his tongue. “I don't think so. But I do have a question for you to answer, if you will.”

He swallowed the ice and then licked his lips slowly. He wasn't trying to make it look seductive (although a small part of his mind knew that he was), but he ended up making it that way after all.

Frank's eyes lingered on his lips for a little too long, before they quickly snapped back to his eyes. It was as if Frank had just realized he was staring, without really knowing he was doing it in the first place.

Frank cleared his throat, struggling to find his voice. “It depends on what the question is...”

His voice sounding slightly uncertain. Gerard let his bangs fall around one of his eyes. He played with the buttons on the movie screen in front of him for a moment, tilting his head. He didn't say anything for a couple of minutes, leaving Frank staring at him, confused.

He was a little nervous about what he wanted to ask, since he didn't ask for people's phone numbers very often. Frank might not even be gay (he'd even accept bi.), but it couldn't hurt, after all, he could say he just wanted a friend if it came up. But what if Frank rejected him? They really did only meet a couple of minutes ago...

It looked as if Frank were about to say something, his mouth opening to speak. Gerard interrupted before anything could come out.

“Would you happen to know what time it is...?” He winced at how stupid he must have sounded, and he would have let his head fall onto the tray in front of him if it weren't for Frank's bewildered stare boring at him.

Frank gave Gerard a weird look, before pulling up his sleeve and checking his watch. “It's eight oh nine.” Frank said, and Gerard could feel Frank's gaze still on him, but he didn't look towards him, instead looked into his bag, avoiding eye contact.

“Thanks.” he mumbled, voice muffled from inside his bag. He pulled out his sketch book, and a piece of charcoal. When he had them in his lap and his bag back by his feet, he stared out the window.

He could somehow tell that Frank knew that wasn't what he wanted to ask him, but he couldn't bring himself to look back towards him and tell him, so instead he started to draw. Gerard's fingers flew across the pad, etching out a drawing of the city lights and sky, along with every detail.

Gerard knew that Frank was still behind him, but he tried to ignore it, and kept his drawing hand steady.

When he was finished, (it didn't take him very long, maybe five minutes since it was just a dry sketch.) and when Frank had left, Gerard sighed and let his head fall back. He squinted up at the air that was blowing in his eyes.

He was such a coward, why couldn't he ever seem to talk to a hot guy without screwing something up? Something always happened, preventing him from saying what he truly wanted to say.

Gerard 'hmmed' to himself in thought, before setting a look of determination on his face.

Before the plane touched down, it was his mission to get Frank's number. He was going to get it no matter what the cost.
Sign up to rate and review this story