Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Car Crash Hearts

Chapter 14: Cry On The Couch

by patricksgirl84

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-02-11 - Updated: 2008-02-11 - 1787 words - Complete

?Blocked
Chapter 14: Cry On The Couch

Tina sat in the courtroom in the middle of her parents. They got a call that morning that the jury had a verdict. She was getting sick to her stomach with each passing minute. A month had passed since she had to testify. Everything in her life was falling into place. She just needed Billy to be put away. The judge walked in and sat down.

"Has the jury come to a verdict?" "Yes, we have your honor." Tina was holding her breath. "We the jury find the defendant guilty." Tina finally let out a breath. "Sentencing will be in one week. In the meantime, William will be taken into custody." William's mother was crying. Once he was taken into custody and court was finished, Tina and her parents left.

"Tina, I have to go back to work. Will you be alright?" "Yes, dad. Things may start working out now." "See you tonight." Her dad kissed her and left. "Mom, don't you have to go back to work?" "I can take the day off." "No. I was thinking of walking home." "You sure?" "Yes. I need time to just think." "Alright. I'll see you after work."

Tina started walking home. For being November it was seasonably warm. Walking past Pete's house, she stopped. She wanted to see him. Tina finally felt that she was finally moving on. "Tina." She turned around. There he was.

"Hi. You scared me." "Sorry. I went to the store and got a pop and some candy bars. Why are you home from school so early?" "The verdict came in today." "What? Why didn't you tell me? I would of come with you." "It was alright. My parents came with me." "What was it?" "What was what?" "The verdict. What's wrong? Are you mad with me?" "No. I've been just thinking." "First, what did the jury decide?" "To put him away." "Oh sweetheart. I'm so happy." Pete hugged her.

For the first time in a long time Tina felt safe. She belonged in Pete's arms. "How many years did he get?" "Nothing yet. In a week there's a sentencing date." "Can I go with you?" "If you want." "Of course." Tina smiled up at Pete.

"Do you want to come over to my house?" Tina asked. "Sure. I'm not doing much today." Pete and Tina went to her house and walked upstairs to her room. "Do you want a candy bar?" "Thought you'd never ask." Pete handed Tina a candy bar. "What did you do today?" "Not much. My dad has been bitching about getting a job. So I went looking around. The one at the record shop is still open. So, I might just take that."

Tina laid on her bed. "Do you want to lay down?" "Uh, I don't know that will be a good idea." "What? Can't you contain yourself?" "Alright." Pete walked to her bed. "Move over." Once he laid on the bed, Tina went into his arms. "Are you staying here for Thanksgiving?" Pete asked. "Yeah. What about you?" "Yes. For Christmas everyone is going to Indiana. But I'll probably just stay home." "Why? You should be with your family."

Tina took Pete's hand into hers. "Dad and I aren't really getting along. Plus, if I'm working I wont' be able to take off." "I suppose. I'm sure my parents won't mind if you come over." "That would be nice, but I don't' want to be a nuisance." "Stop it. Your not a nuisance. You're my boyfriend." Tina waited for Pete to say something. "Your boyfriend?"

Tina looked up at him. "Would now be alright if we try being a couple." Pete kissed her. "There's your answer. What made you want to be a couple now?" "I've been doing a lot of thinking and seeing the therapist has helped so much. You know, when I seen Billy when I had to testify, I was sick. I couldn't handle it. But today, I was still sick to my stomach, but I could handle it. I felt nothing. I knew I could be strong." "I knew you were strong. You just had to believe for yourself." Pete began playing with her hair. Soon both were asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tina woke up to her brother fighting. Pete was still sleeping. "Pete. Wake up." "No, let me sleep." "Peter, if my parents find us sleeping they'll kick your ass so hard." "Okay, okay. I'm up." Pete got up. "I should probably go. Tomorrow the guys are going for pizza. Do you want to come?" "Yeah. I have an appointment with the therapist after school." "Do you want me to pick you up?"
Tina walked to Pete. "If your not busy." "I'm never busy for you." She kissed him. "You might want to fix your hair." "Why?" "It's sticking up." Tina ran her fingers through his hair. "That's better." "I'm going to go then. If you need anything just call." "I will." Pete and Tina walked downstairs. "Bye sweetheart. If I don't hear from you, I'll see you after school." Pete kissed her and left. Tina went into the kitchen.

"Hi, mom." "Was that Pete I heard?" "Yeah. He just left." "How are things going with you two?" "Pretty good. We are dating now." "That's good. Just take it slow." "Yes, mom. We have been." Tina's dad came in the kitchen. "Hello. How are things?" "Good, dad."

"I seen Pete. What was he doing here?" "I seen him when I was coming home and invited him over." "Was your mom home?" "No. Is there a problem?" "Tina, I just don't want you two here alone." "He's not Billy. Pete has always put me first. He knows what I've gone through." "I know he's not Billy, but he is a boy."

"I can't believe I'm having this conversation." "I'm looking out for you. "I'm sure Pete is a great guy." "You know he is. Why are you doubting him?" "You are my daughter. I care what happens to you. From now on if no one is home Pete isn't to be here." "Are you kidding me? Mom, tell him he's being unreasonable."

Her mom didn't say anything. "I'm not hungry." Tina ran upstairs to her bedroom and laid on her bed. A few hours later there was a knock on the door. "Yeah." Her mom came in with a plate full of food. "Here you go. I want you to have something to eat." "Why didn't you say anything?"

"Your father and I talked. He's just worried. Your dad wants to protect you. Look at it from his point of view. His daughter had to see her boyfriend die and then get raped. He knows Pete is a good guy, but he wants to shield you from the pain of everything. I'm trying to tell him he can't protect you from everything . Be patient with him."

"Alright. But I can't handle every time Pete is here that dad is going to get upset." "I understand. Don't' worry." "I did want to ask you both about Christmas. Pete's family is going to go to Indiana and I was wondering if Pete could come here for Christmas eve and Christmas. Maybe even stay the night." "Let me talk to you dad. I'm sure it won't be a problem." "And tomorrow night, can I go with Pete and our friend's for pizza." "Sure. It's Friday so you can stay out later. And I promise to talk to your dad."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tina and Pete pulled into a parking spot and walked into the restaurant. "There they are." They walked to a table that everyone was at. "Hi, guys." Pete said. "Hi. Here, sit down." Patrick said. "How have you been, Tina?" "Good. I haven't seen you in awhile." "I had to visit my dad in California." "Hope you had a nice time. I know Destiny missed you."

"Can we order?" Joe asked. "I'm starving." "Your always starving. Just order a couple pizzas and some pop." Brittany said. "Come with me." Joe and Brittany went to order. "Destiny and I are going to play a few video games." "I'll go with you." Andy said.

"Guess we scared them off." Pete said as he took Tina's hand and kissed the top of it. "Is your dad mad at me?" "No. He's just trying to look out for me. Don't let him bother you." "A little hard not to notice or let it bother me." "I know. Just try. He means no harm." "Oh fuck." Pete was looking at the door. "What?" "Jeanae is here." Tina looked and seen her. "It'll be fine. Look at me."

Pete turned and looking into Tina's eyes. "What is it?" Tina asked. "I just don't want you to get upset by her." Joe and Brittany came back. "The pizza's are ordered and the pop is coming." Joe said. "Did you see who came in?" "Yeah. You didn't talk to her did you?" "God, no. I couldn't stand talking to her when you were dating her."

Tina seen Jeanae walking toward their table. "Hello, Petey." "Uh, hi. How are you?" "Good. But you knew that." "Stop it. You are not going to start anything." "Well, you did see me yesterday." Pete turned to Tina. "I'm sorry. I asked her to come over last night. I ," "What? After what I said you. I can't believe you."

Tina got up and ran out of the restaurant. She started to walk home. She walked three blocks when she heard Pete hollered her name. He caught up with her. "Damn, Tina. Will you stop?" He grabbed her arms. Pete tried to catch his breath. He finally looked up and seen tears in her eyes. "I'm sorry. But it's not what she is making it out to be." "Why even ask her over? You supposedly have a girlfriend. Not even 24 hours." "I wanted her to pick up her shit." "I was sick and tired of looking at it. I should of told you. I'm sorry." Pete looked down.

"There's another thing. She kissed me. I stopped her. I promise it didn't go anywhere. You are everything to me. I don't want to fuck this up. I guess I did. I should of just threw her stuff out. I'm such an ass. Come on, I'll take you home." Pete started to walk back to the restaurant. "Aren't you coming?" "Do I have a say in it. If you fucked this up?" "Yeah, I guess." "Get back here, Peter Wentz." Pete walked back and Tina kissed him.

"Don't you ever call that girl and have her over to your house unless I'm there." She smiled. "I shouldn't of believed the worse.
Sign up to rate and review this story