Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The Oracle

Ceteris Paribus

by Lyanvis 2 reviews

Ceteris Paribus. A latin phrase meaning all things remaining equal. Because they are just two sides of the same coin, of the same coin, of the same...

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Itachi,Orochimaru - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2008-02-16 - Updated: 2008-02-16 - 2403 words

2Insightful
The Oracle

Chapter Ten

Ceteris Paribus







Semper Fidelius



The raven always likes to win things. Little battles, little things, against her brother that matter not at all in the end. Nii-san, and she calls him to play another little game together, another little game together, another little game together. Another fun little game of explain and react, explain and understand, they are all just games for her. And his little sister is beautiful. So beautiful, and so Naïve, and so fragile, he wants to hold on. Hold onto her and not let go, not let her get hurt, ever.



Ice blue eyes focus on the heavens…



Things surprise him, but not often. She surprises him with regularity. Daily, her beauty never ceases to dazzle. Nii-chan. Nii-chan. She calls him her brother, and so that is how he acts towards her. So naïve. So beautiful. So fragile. And yet, she is so strong, having survived in this family before he became a part of it, survived, and been independent. And his thoughts on her, his thoughts too do surprise. She is fully-grown now; she is no girl, but a woman. But it is hard to remember when she was not as mature as women are.



Skies of blue filled with dark clouds of destruction...



And when anything threatens her, when her blue eyes fill with tears –however temporary they may be- Her Nii-chan, Nii-san, Onii-sama, is there for her, and protects her as best he can. And when she is angry, he calms her, cools her blood, helps her come back to herself, to being his Imoto. She is twenty-one, yet she confides in him as though she was still only ten, her trust in him has no bounds, no limits, she would tell him anything.



A magic carpet that you rode on snatched right from under you…



She smiles so beautifully. She reacts so instantly, it is hard to keep track. And before his eyes, she has become a woman. She is a woman, as naïve still as any child, as innocent, as fragile… as strikingly beautiful as no other could match. And things start to fall apart; the centre cannot hold… Because she is a woman. A woman, a beautiful, desirable woman with the purity of a child still mostly intact; she is the epitome of beauty and desire. And she is his Imoto-chan, and he is her Onii-san, Onii-chan, Onii-sama, Nii-san/chan/sama/kun… he is her brother.


Magic and enchantment replaced with black magic and distraught…


She is a woman now, and she reacts like one, without the understanding what comes with those reactions. He had failed to teach her what was inappropriate, what simply should not be done, and now he was paying the price. He forgets so easily, how simple it is to confuse her, and speaks first without thinking. She warns him... You do not want to know, Itachi-kun he does not heed her.



Gone... fading... taken right from you...



And now her hands are in his hair, it is loose and she has answered him with a touch from her lips to his. No innocence was in the gesture now, it was all demand, yet it was an offer he Mmm and she moans against his lips was hard-pressed to be able to refuse. Her body against his was tempting, but his mind remembered her voice, not a moment ago, calling him brother.


What can you do now...?



Brother and he pushed himself away from her forcefully, that memory giving him that ability. Her mouth had shaped perfectly to his. It was right, perfect, and yet so wrong. She only thought of him as her brother. She only saw him as her guardian. And her body pressed against his… He tore his mind away from that. Tore his mind away… from the feel of her breasts against his chest through cloth, the desire he could feel inside her, his self-control clutching tightly onto sanity.


Soon things fade into white…



Later, when he could look at her again, could breathe without wanting her mouth, move without feeling her body against his, he returned to explain and seek explanation. The last thing he expected was for her, after understanding what it meant and what it did to him, to do what she had done again.


Then you wake up!



And her mouth fused to his again, such perfection against his lips, the soft, gentle pressure, different from the demand of before spoke hidden volumes of which she would never find the words to express on her own. This time, he did not pull away. He has, for a moment, lost his breath. He has lost his mind, for a moment, a beautiful moment, because her mouth is on his as she is trying to talk without words. She was always a show, not tell kind of person, and she communicates through such lovely gestures.



From a nightmare that felt so real…



She lets go, she pulls away, and she apologizes. She is not looking at him again. And He tries to obtain clarification, to make sure she understands what and why she has done what she has just done. It felt right… She said, and could not look at him. It felt right, and she did not have the ability to express it. And she looks at him, trying to explain again, because her words are insufficient, she knows. It felt right, I… I her words are interrupted by a call from downstairs, and another time, he promises her, another time, they will talk of this.



And you realize that if you do not fix the small cracks in your dreams,



They will resolve this and she is needlessly apologizing again as though she had done something wrongwrongwrong and she has not and he reassures her. He did not pull away from her. She has done nothing wrong. And he tells her, and she accepts this as fact: She is the epitome of desire and beauty.


That nightmare will soon become a reality…







Biotomegami



It was not easy, no matter what anyone would have thought. Lyanvis was a goddess by anyone’s standards. And simply because he acted unaffected, and treated her always like a child, did not mean that that was how he truly felt. Orochimaru loved his goddess. He loved her, oh so dearly.



Do not feel sorry for her



And though he did not act it, he knew more about her than she would desire him to know. He always knew her movements, her actions; where she was, whom she was with, as any good father. And though his mind would protest it, when asleep, his subconscious would take over.


She does not deserve it.



Lyanvis sat in a tree, her orange hair clipped out of her face. She looked at her hands as a small creature sat there, listening to the enchanting song she sang. The squirrel stared at her. The poor creature had no clue what was in store for him. Her beauty belied a truth, so simple as to be overlooked quite easily. His Lyanvis was not one for mercy.


Even though they walk through and over her.



And her beauty knew no bounds, nor did her guile. She was not too shy, too innocent to use her body as her greatest weapon, to leave men entranced with her, drooling, gibbering wrecks. And she knew her thrall, she knew what her body could do, and how she could manipulate any man… as Kabuto had said, she could seduce the dead without any effort whatsoever.


She does not deserve pity, not one bit.



And if that beautiful smile would not seduce you, her movements would. Her complete mastery of her seductive powers, which –were not always on- but were on a great deal of the time…


She is the queen of liars.



She was his greatest weapon, his greatest liar, his best servant. She was Lyanvis and that was utter perfection. His little demon.


The maker of masks—



And no one would know… but she was truly demonic. She had shared with him her past. They trusted each other, implicitly.


The starter of fires.



And if that was not enough, the girl could manipulate sound waves naturally. She was naturally, born with that ability. A few cuts here… a few changes there… And she was perfect.


A completer of tasks.



Not, of course, that she had not been perfect before. But now, her voice was so sweet, she could charm the birds from the trees, and men from their lairs, their wives, their little worlds. Just like the poor squirrel in her hands.


Using your lack of smarts to lie and outwit.



Of course, that wasn’t all him… He hadn’t tampered with her body’s physique. Lyanvis had simply been born to be a rival to Tsunade in looks. It was total coincidence. Total coincidence that her body shape was that of Tsunade’s, and her eyes were those of Itairiku’s and her preferred hairstyle was that of Anko.


Trying to fool them with bullshit.



And as he watched his goddess, her lips curving in a beautiful smirk, her song coming to an end, her fingers closed around the animal’s neck and did not only snap it, oh no. she tore the head off, to watch the blood flow over her hands, spray onto her face, her partially exposed breasts. And her enjoyment of the blood was almost orgasmic… to watch, and most certainly for her, to feel.


Watch her glass eyes spark with dishonesty



Orochimaru had had no part in that. And he certainly had not plucked out the eyes of a dead goddess to give them to this living one. Now, why would he do such a thing?


Watch her plastic lips drip with lies



No. Lyanvis was natural, completely her own. He had not shaped her body into what it was. He had not given her those compelling green eyes that could pierce even to his soul, no matter what others thought.


Trying to cover her tracks



He had not made her wear her beautiful orange hair so that it looked like her head was ablaze from a distance, worn up, like a fan in the back… Though, he had given her the green jade butterfly clip she wore to keep it in place, and he had given her the ornamental chopsticks she wore when she tired of the clip…


trying to fill in all the cracks.



He had not given her her independent nature, nor her little quirk of hanging on him, hugging him, holding him constantly. He had not made her want to be by his side. She wanted it on her own.


Disguising, deceiving



Though, of course, he had not tried to stop her. He also had not had Kabuto put anything in her body to enhance those beautifully large breasts of hers either.


Greedy, and self-receiving.



Truly, he hadn’t. And no, he had not imbued her with the traits of the women he most admired. He had not made her beautiful as Tsunade, as attached and clingy as Anko, nor as independent and Intuitive as Riku.


Selfish with a dash of pure immaturity



He had not given her the traits of the women he loved. She simply had them. She was born that way. And though his servants whispered it behind closed doors, this also was not true.


Physically clean, lacking mental purity


He had not fallen in love with her. He had not fallen in love with His beautiful Lyanvis. He did not dream of her when he slept, dream of being with her.



She is secretive, inwardly inquisitive



Until she forced him to do so.


Always on her toes, constantly faking



Simple touches, her body accidentally grazing against his, her constant declarations of her adoration for him… And that body belonged to Tsunade, those eyes of another goddess long dead… It was as though she had placed herself on earth solely to bring him to his knees.


Just another criminal in the making.

**********
I actually like this chapter. I really do. It's divided into two sub-sections, Semper fidelius (ask a marine if you don't know what that means) and Biotomegami, which means Beautiful goddess of sound. [at least, in my own little world it does.]Ceteris Paribus because they are both two sides to the same coin. Opposites, equals, twins, sisters, best-of-friends, and yet they each want what the other has. Confused yet? don't be. I haven't even started on these two. I love them, so much... Each of the subsections has exactly 1000 words, without the titles. I personally like this chapter most of all. ... which probably means it sucks like hell. Oh well. It's dramadramadrama cause drama makes the world go round.... ~starts singing~ Oh, by the way, in case you are interested in the poems up there, I'm transplanting them down here without the story in between. I know this chapter is random as hell. I actually intended to write this solely for me, but I just loved it too much to not share it, once I was done with it...

*************
Semper fidelius' poem
Ice blue eyes focus on the heavens…
Skies of blue filled with dark clouds of destruction...
A magic carpet that you rode on snatched right from under you…
Magic and enchantment replaced with black magic and distraught…
Gone... fading... taken right from you...
What can you do now...?
Soon things fade into white…
Then you wake up!
From a nightmare that felt so real…/
And you realize that if you do not fix the small cracks in your dreams,
That nightmare will soon become a reality…


Biotomegami's poem
She does not deserve it.
Even though they walk through and over her.
She doesn't deserve pity, not one bit.
She is the queen of liars.
The maker of masks--
The starter of fires.
A completer of tasks.
Using your lack of smarts to lie and outwit.
Trying to fool them with bullshit.
Watch her glass eyes spark with dishonesty
Watch her plastic lips drip with lies
trying to cover her tracks
trying to fill in all the cracks.
Disguising, deceiving
Greedy, and self-receiving.
Selfish with a dash of pure immaturity
Physically clean, lacking mental purity
She's secretive, inwardly inquisitive
Always on her toes, constantly faking
Just another criminal in the making
Sign up to rate and review this story