Categories > Celebrities > Velvet Revolver > We Will Rock This Sweet Child

The Good Old Fashioned Lover Boys

by Y2marmar 0 reviews

It's the day before the party. Freddie and Brian have a heart to heart and reach an agreement. Freddie tells Slash and Duff about the party.

Category: Velvet Revolver - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-02-17 - Updated: 2008-02-17 - 1460 words

1Exciting
Brian sighed restlessly. It was the day before the party and he still hadn’t spoken to Duff. Things hadn’t gone so well with John either. John had fainted at the sight of Freddie and when he came around he’d been angry with Freddie for not coming back to them before now and had stormed out. The very sight of Freddie had reminded Brian why he’d gotten together with Duff in the first place. Duff had helped him to forget Freddie. That was why their relationship had never worked; there was no real companionship, only sex. That was what Duff and Slash had that made their relationship so special. Freddie’s appearance had opened up all of Brian’s old feelings for him, feelings that he’d repressed and stored deep away inside his mind, it was like pulling a scab off a cut.
“You still have feelings for me, don’t you?” Freddie appeared beside him.
“How did you get in?” Brian asked.
“Anita let me in. Do you have feelings for me?” Freddie asked again.
“Are you going to the party?” Brian asked, ignoring the question.
“Of course I am dear,” Freddie said, “I can’t avoid my public forever. I’ll explain myself then. Now answer my question,”
“You know I still have feelings for you,” Brian answered, “You were the love of my life, you still are,”
Freddie leant forward and kissed him softly. Brian pulled away.
“I’m sorry, I can’t,” he said, “It’s just…it’s been fourteen years, too long. I’ve moved on and…”
“You want Duff?” Freddie finished.
Brian looked away.
“I don’t know what I want anymore,”
“I still love you, you know,” Freddie said.
“I know,” Brian got up and stared out the window, “It’s just…it’s been so long. How do I know you wouldn’t do that again?”
Freddie got up and walked over to Brian. He wrapped his arms around Brian’s waist and rested his chin on Brian’s shoulder.
“Can we work through it dear?”
“We can try,” Brian answered, taking Freddie’s hand in his.



“So are you guys coming to Brian’s party tomorrow?” Matt asked as he opened a can of coke.
“I don’t think so,” Slash said, “After everything that’s happened, it doesn’t seem like such a good idea,”
“You’re probably right,” Matt said. Scott, who had been sitting in deep thought, looked up.
“Has Duff ever gotten over Brian?” Scott asked, half to himself and half to Slash. Slash thought for a few moments.
“I think so,” he said, “I’m not sure. He wants to,”
“Must be hard for you though,” Scott said.
“Well Duff says he’s gotten over Brian and moved on,” Slash said, “But if he decides that Brian is the person he needs to be with, then so be it. I don’t want this to ruin our friendship,”
“Really?” Matt asked. Slash nodded, “That’s so grown up,” Matt said.
“Where is he?” Scott asked.
“He’s sleeping,” Slash stood up, “We had a very late night. I’m gonna go up and see if he’s awake,”
“See ya dude,” Matt took a sip of his coke,”

Slash let himself into the hotel room. Duff was curled up under the blankets, dead to the world. Slash took off his clothes and slid in beside him. Duff opened one eye sleepily.
“Where’d you go?” he mumbled.
“Out for a walk,” Slash answered, “I met Scott and Matt and we went into a café. I brought you back a latte,”
“Great,” Duff pulled himself up into a sitting positing and took the latte. His hair was all messed up. Slash reached over and brushed some of it out of his eyes. Duff took his hand.
“You know this tastes great,” he said leaving the latte on his bedside locker, “But I’m not in that much of a hurry for it. We could have some fun first,” he pulled Slash closer to him and kissed him. The two lay back down in the bed, latte forgotten.

Duff sat in the hotel room sipping a cup of tea while Slash took a shower. Freddie knocked on the door.
“Hello dear,” he beamed when Duff opened it. “Just doing my rounds. I’m going to see Deaky next,”
“I still haven’t gotten used to seeing you around,” Duff said, “Are you going to this party tomorrow? I reckon it would liven things up,”
“I’ll be there. Anyway,” Freddie said as he rooted around in the mini-bar and took out a can of lager, “From what I’ve heard, it won’t need livening up,” Freddie went and looked out the window, “You should come dear,” he said.
Slash came out of the bathroom with only a towel wrapped around his hips.
“Dude, should I get dressed or are we going back to…” he stopped short when he saw Freddie and turned very pale, “Dude tell me truthfully, am I stoned?”
“You’re actually quite sober dear,” Freddie said. He looked Slash up and down with a glint in his eye, “And I think we should definitely go back to bed,”
Slash turned even paler and sat down.
“This isn’t the time for jokes,” Duff said to Freddie.
“But I wasn’t joking,” Freddie purred. Duff glared at him before turning to Slash.
“Dude, I wasn’t going to tell you, but when I went to Brian’s Freddie was there,” Duff said, “Turns out he’s back,”
“What…how?” Slash ran a hand through his wet hair.
“I faked my death dear. It’s rather a long story. Duff would simply love to explain later,”
“Why didn’t you tell me?” Slash asked after a few minutes.
“Would you have believed me?” Duff asked.
“Probably not,” Slash admitted, “What…what are you doing here?” he asked uncertainly.
“I was saying that you should both come to the party,” Freddie smiled brightly at Slash
“Oh, no. I don’t think…” Slash began.
“Oh but you have to,” Freddie protested, “It’s going to be great. There’ll be lots of drink, music, strippers and…”
“Strippers?” Slash and Duff interrupted simultaneously.
“Maybe we could pop in for a few minutes,” Slash said.
“Because it would be rude not to, after being invited,” Duff finished.
Freddie smiled.
“And there I was thinking that you were both queer,” he said, smiling as Slash’s eyes lit up, “Roger even invited Steven Adler,”
“He invited Steven?” Duff asked.
“Apparently they met last year at some drummer’s thingy,” Freddie explained.
“Surely he knows that Steven and parties don’t go together,” Slash scratched his head in confusion.
“So you’re coming?” Freddie asked.
“Well we’re gonna have to come,” Duff said, “Someone has to keep an eye on Steven,”
“Lovely,” Freddie said, “Well it was nice to see you both my dears. I’m going to go and continue spreading joy,”
Freddie sighed and pulled on his hat and sunglasses. Spreading joy my arse, he thought wryly. He’d finally worked up the courage to go and see Mary the day before and that had been an experience. After screaming at him for ten minutes, she’d kicked him out. He’d been kicked out of his own house! He still couldn’t believe it. After he’d been kind enough to let her live in it. He’d visited all his old friends. The only people that weren’t angry with him were Brian and Roger. He sighed. They’ll come round, he thought to himself; it’s not the first time people have fallen out with me.


Susan Holmes McKagan stepped off the plane in Heathrow airport and smiled. When Scott had accidentally let slip that Roger was holding a party, she couldn’t resist coming over to surprise Duff. She couldn’t wait to see his face.

Duff wrapped his arms around Slash as they sat in their dressing room.
“I love you,” he whispered.
“I love you too,” Slash replied before kissing him heavily on the mouth.

Freddie put an arm around Brian’s waist.
“How long are you staying for?” Brian asked.
“Indefinitely,” Freddie smiled.
“I can’t go back to Anita now. Not now that you’re back. We have to tell her,”
“Ok dear. If you like. In fact, I’d like to go public. What do you think darling?” Freddie looked at Brian.
“I’d like that,” he said, “We’ll tell them at the party. When we tell them about you,”
“I love you,” Freddie said, playing with Brian’s curls.
“I love you too,”
Sign up to rate and review this story