Categories > Movies > Queen of the Damned > A Band Is Born

Part 2

by Y2marmar 0 reviews

What happens next. Brian and Freddie have a massive falling out.

Category: Queen of the Damned - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Humor - Published: 2008-02-17 - Updated: 2008-02-17 - 1360 words - Complete

0Unrated
Freddie was still giggling occasionally the next morning, much to the annoyance of Roger, who was suffering from the classic, hangover from hell. He sat glaring at Freddie, clenching and unclenching his fists.

“If you don’t shut the fuck up, I swear to God I will shut you up”

“Oooh, somebody’s in a bad this morning,” Freddie teased. Roger, knowing that there was no point in pursuing the issue, went back to clenching his fists and glaring at Freddie. Freddie looked up at Roger.

“Oh, do cheer up darling,” He put down his pen and reached for his so-stylish-that-it-hurts leather jacket, “Alright, are you ready?” Roger looked at him confusedly.

“Ready for what?”

“For a tremendously, wonderfully enormous shag. What do you think dear? Are you ready for the rehearsal?” Roger still looked confused.

“What rehearsal?” Freddie rolled his eyes in mock frustration.

“Queen, Constellation, whatever the fuck you want to call it are having a rehearsal. It started half an hour ago, but we couldn’t leave because I was writing this song,”

“Well I don’t know how you expect to get me there, because I’m not moving,” Roger folded his arms stubbornly. Freddie walked over behind him and rested his hands on Roger’s shoulders.

“That’s all right darling, I’ll carry you…hmmm, yes, I think I’ll carry you,” Roger pushed him away.

“fuck off, I’m coming.”

Meanwhile, Brian and John were at the rehearsing studio. Brian was pacing up and down furiously. John was watching him uneasily.

“Every time we have a rehearsal, you can be guaranteed that Freddie will be at least half an hour late,” Brian ranted. John, noticing Freddie arriving through the window, tried to calm Brian down.

“He’s not always late. Anyway, he’ll be here in a second, I can see him. By the way…” he lowered his voice, “Does Roger know?” Freddie came in behind John.

“John darling, Roger knows nothing. Apart from the fact that his name is Roger, he’s got long hair and a big dick, and even that’s all spotty at times. By the way, where is the little Shit?”

“You’re late…again,” Brian reminded Freddie coldly.

“Everyone arrives late darling, it’s the fashion,” Freddie laughed.

“John and I managed to arrive on time,” Brian challenged.

“Well I’d hardly call you fashionable, what with your hair and that shirt…” Freddie walked over and began to finger Brian’s shirt in disgust, “I mean what is this? If you wanted clothes that badly, I could have given you some of my stuff. At least I don’t look like a poodle with a bad hair day,”

“No,” Brian snapped, “You look like something the cat shagged and then dragged through a hedge backwards,” he looked at Freddie’s skin tight leather trousers and loose yellow shirt in disgust. Freddie waved a hand dismissively at Brian and sat down at the piano.

“Looks are nothing darling, personality is everything.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Brian snapped.

“It means, dear, that I’m not the one who insults people just because I can’t have my own way,”

“That was not because I couldn’t have my own way,” Brian shouted, “It was because I worry about your ummm…sexual habits,”

“My sexual habits are my own business dear,” Freddie stood up again, “Anyway, you told me before that…hang on, what were your exact words?” he thought for a moment, “Oh yes, you said ‘Freddie I couldn’t give a monkey’s arse, if you shagged a camel.’ That made me laugh actually, because I know you really do care, and you would be exceptionally worried if I shagged a camel,” he giggled quietly to himself, while Brian glared at him.

By this time, Roger had dragged his sorry arse in and was looking confusedly from Brian to Freddie and then to John.

“Must you argue so loudly?” he groaned.

“Nice of you to join us Rog,” Brian said sarcastically, “I hope we’re not keeping you awake,”

“Fuck off,” Roger growled.

“We’re not arguing dear,” Freddie told him, “We’re debating in loud voices. Brian, the reason we’re late is because there’s nothing we like more at ten o clock in the morning, than the sound of your voice nagging.”

“I do not nag!” Brian shouted.

“Yes you do dear,” Freddie sighed, tiring of the conversation, “You’re a nagging idiot and I’m a selfish bastard. Conversation ended. Now let’s get some work done, I’ve just written a fabulous new song called My Fairy King,” Freddie went back to the piano and began to play it.

Brian remained where he was standing, glaring at Freddie. Typical Freddie, always had to have the last word.

Later on, when the rehearsal had ended, Freddie sneaked up behind Brian and sneaked his arm around him.

“Freddie! Not in public,” Brian snapped, pulling away.

“Sorry darling, couldn’t help it. Roger’s going out now, how about you and I go back to my apartment and we’ll take from there?” Freddie smiled seductively. Brian sighed.

“No Freddie, we need to talk,”

“We will talk,” Freddie reassured him, “Eventually,”

“No, Freddie,” Brian protested, “I don’t think you understand, we need to talk seriously. About where we’re going, and stuff.”

“Oh alright,” Freddie sighed, “We’ll talk for a while,”

Back at Freddie’s flat, Brian closed the door and began to speak, but Freddie pinned him up against the door and began to kiss him. Brian pushed him away.

“Freddie, we need to talk,”

“Oh for fucks sake, talk then. What’s bothering you now?” Freddie lit up a cigarette. Brian took a breath.

“You’re bothering me Freddie. Whenever we go to a pub together, you’re eying up everyone else. You flirt with other men right in front of me, I went to the bathroom the other night, when I came back you were sitting with that Gavin bloke and you were all over him as if sex was going out of fashion. Do you have any idea of how that feels to me Freddie? You say you love me, but you have a fucking funny was of showing it.” Brian paused, there were tears in his eyes. Freddie decided to jump in before Brian started again.

“Darling, just because I look at people and occasionally flirt with them, doesn’t mean I want to have sex with them and about Gavin, I’m a very emotional person. I touch everybody if I’m sitting near them,”

“Yeah, well I wonder would you be so emotional if it was a girl sitting next to you?” Brian grumbled. Freddie went over and put his arms around Brian, but Brian pulled away.

“That’s another thing with you Freddie,” he said, “Everything always resorts to sex. The only time we ever talk to each other is when we’re drunk. I don’t want to shag you, I’m not interested. There has to be more to a relationship than sex,”

“Oh darling,” Freddie waved his hand dismissively, “Now you sound like my mother,” he put on a high pitched voice, “There has to be more to a relationship than sex, Freddie.” Brian looked hurt by this remark.

“Perhaps you refuse to talk about anything remotely challenging is because you can’t, unless you’re drunk,” he said quietly.

“What about you dear?” Freddie asked indignantly, “Perhaps the reason we only have proper conversations when we’re drunk is because you can be so fucking boring when you’re sober. All you ever talk about is astronomy, physics, guitars and maths,”

Brian gathered up his things and opened the door.

“What are you doing dear?” Freddie asked,

“There’s not much point in me staying if I bore you so much is there?” He asked quietly.

“We….we could talk about it if you like,” Freddie suggested.

“I think we’ve talked enough, don’t you?” Brian snapped. He went out the door and slammed it shut.

To be continued…..
Sign up to rate and review this story