Categories > Original > Fantasy > five six six

4. snowy

by chaneitachi 0 reviews

five six six pov: She used to call me snowy, and i'd call her candy, she went into that room with a smile, and she didn't come out, and i lived on...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Published: 2008-02-17 - Updated: 2008-02-18 - 1959 words

0Unrated
Lol, hey again. Anyway, listen to a sad/kinda happy song while reading the half way mark (um, how about the song 3 doors down, away from the sun or Hawthorne heights ‘this how we are’ because the tune is pretty good and the words are okay for that part if you look at it a specific way I guess, or maybe I just love Hawthorne Heights! Or maybe relient K for the tune alone…hm….I need some help here…)

4. I have memories, but are they mine?
I looked at the mini-skirt in slight discuss. Folding it twice I put it in the bottom of the small bag, how could they expect me to wear that? And how would I be able to move in it if someone just happens to try and kill me?
But my complaints weren’t really in me, as I was happy that I called Chase and he wasn’t mad. Maren said I would be able to find some time to see him, as long as I don’t a get a call within 2 hours of her dropping me off in Holly Wood.
My trained ears heard a stumble outside of the thick metal door that cut my small room off from the wide hallways. “Dear! Can I come in?” Even though Maren, I conclude as I walked to open the door, was in her mid twenties she seemed like an old lady the way she calls me dear…but then again, maybe she just doesn’t want to call me by my number, just like Carp.
Maren came in and smiled at me, then blurted out “Silly, if you want to see the boy as soon as you can, you are going to have to wear the normal close!” She walked over and unfolded the close. I mad an upset face and she just smiled, handing me the pile of close with the boots on top.
I sighed and set them back on the bed. “We’ll be heading off in one hour or so, say your good byes and make sure you’re ready. And since I know you were soooo excited last night and didn’t sleep, I’ll inform you that you can sleep on the way there.” “Kay.” I said, shooing her out of the room so I could change.
Slipping on the skirt with ease, I pulled the shirt over my head with a little trouble as the caller of the tight t-shirt cot on my high pony tail. After I succeeded, I grunted, looking in the watermelon size and shaped mirror. Upset, I sighed looking at my now messy hair; I took out the hair tie. My hair fell down to my mid thigh when let down, it had grew a few inches about a week after both of the Megsatone injections. I was about to cut it to shoulder length when Carp told me to leave it, but left my question of why in the air.
Brushing it quickly with my plane blue brush, I pulled it back up and tide the red rubber band around it 3 times. I tried for a 4th wrap around, but it was already stretched to the max. Setting the brush down on my small bed, I sat down next to it. Putting the small gun and small knife into the bottom of each soul of my rubbery boots.
I stood up, rubbing my hands on my skirt from the weird feeling inside of me.
Walking out the door, the only person I really needed to say good-bye to is Carp. And I don’t think if I let him hug me he’ll ever let go, he’s the sensitive type, even for a job like this.
I slowly went down the quit, bright hall. Even though some memories are pain-full, a lot are happy. Like I remembered my first friend…
/ I was around eight, running down the hall way, Carp was telling me to be careful not to slip on the smooth floor as he headed off in the opposite direction to do paper work. I was attempting to listen and fallow directions, and I hadn’t slipped on it. But instead I ran into some one else who had also been running.
“OH MY GOSH!” The girl I fell next to squealed. She started hopping up, and then she took my hand, pulling me up to face her. She looked around a year older than me.
And hadn’t had any injections. You could tell by her eyes, they were a brilliant sea blue. If she was already a Megsatone child, she’d have purple or red eyes. She started to talk really fast “Hi! My names Mint, what’s yours?” Mint worked for her some how, she had green bluish hair. Unusual. “I’m new here, how long have you been here? What do you like to do? My favorite color is sea green how about you? Oh, I should stop talking to let you answer!” She giggled, still holding my hand as I starred at here in aw.
“Um…I suppose my name is five six six…” I still wasn’t sure back then. “I’m pretty sure I’ve been here all my life.” Her smiling face dropped. “Really!? That sounds boring! Have you ever been out side in a different place?” “Um…I’ve been on missions before…” “OOooooooh!” She smiled again, she was notably cute, when she smiled, it was all lips, and she had dimples. Her shoulder length side bangs were pulled back with a red bow. She was cubby in the face, but wasn’t overly so.
She was babbling on about how we were going to be great friends. Then she started complementing my hair. “Oh! It’s so pretty! It reminds me of winter, when the snow is so heavy to the ground it’s purely white! And it’s so thick and long! I’m kinda jealous!” She said the last line with a giggle, closing her eyes and greatly lighting up the room with her smile, tilting her slightly right.
I started getting giddy; she was rubbing off on me. We started walking down the hall way, she talked the most; I’d nodded my opinion, laughed, and sometimes replied.
We ran up the thick marbled, cream colored stairs that lead to the second floor info desk, laughing and trying hard not to fall. We barely met half an hour ago, and we were wonderful friends.
Carp walked in threw an open door way. His feet scrapped on the gray/blue/white rug. He smiled at me.
“See you met Mint! Having fun as well.” He nodded to Mint who waved and replied “Hello Mr. Carp.”
Days of hanging out after my missions and training sessions turned into weeks, soon a month had past and almost half the day you could find us running around laughing and yelling. Soon it was time for Mint’s first injection. She was excited, but scared.
“Oh! What would happen if it didn’t turn out right?” On the day of the test, she asked me, we were sitting on the steps, munching on some strawberries. We were only aloud to eat healthy food, but on missions no one controlled our eating. Some times, though, you’re so used to it; you don’t like BK, or DQ like normal kids might. So you just eat the way you always do. Mint was adapting pretty well to this, she said at her foster home, they ate pretty healthy too. Then before, when her parents could afford to have Mint live with them, they’d eat home made Sundays after dinner, while playing ‘mouse trap’. She said it was her favorite game, next to hide and seek.
“I’m not sure, I get injections every now and then…and it always turns out okay…but Carp says that not every one is that lucky.” She looked at me, with a scared face. “LUCKY?” She squeaked. I nodded.
“But I’m sure you’ll be okay.” “If you’re wrong, I’m gonna sue the pants off you!” I smirked. “Just try me! I’ll Mint-you for the pants you never gave back! These are my favorite pair!” She laughed throwing her head back. “What? What’s so funny, candy?” “Snowy, you only own 2 pairs of pants! Of course those are your favorite! The other one you can’t even where there so big!” I stood up to my full height, pretending to be a gangster, for some reason. “Hey, candy; I’m T-A-L-L, which means I’m pimp!” She stood up as I said her nick name. Then she doubled over in laughter as I said ‘pimp’. “You ain’t G-A-N-G-S-T-U-R, snowy! You’re not aloud to say ‘pimp’!” “Like your any better! You taught that word to me!” “Yea, well, my names ‘candy’ rappers are gangsta, rappers are on candy, obviously I’m closer to it than you!” pouted, right as I was about to comment back, Carp came out the door at the top of the stairs. “Mint. It’s time, let’s go.” He turned around and went back inside. My face dropped, as I realized I could lose her. She smiled at me, and I attempted to give her one as well. I hugged her, and she hugged me back. “Don’t worry.” We both said at the same time. Letting go we smiled and did our secret hand shake. “See you.” I said waving to her as she walked up the rest of the stairs, opening the thick cement doors, she looked over her shoulder, stopping as the door closed behind her; she waved saying “See you snowy.” The door shut, and I smiled sadly, tears filling my eyes, but refused to flow. Something was wrong, and I couldn’t do anything. When that door shut, my world crashed down.
And she never came out. /

But there’s something I could not know…is that really my memory? It’s happened before and it’s not mine; Carp told me it happens sometimes from Megsatone injections. Like for example, I don’t remember anything before this place.
I hadn’t noticed I stopped as I remembered ‘candy’. Maybe I should tell Carp my nick name. Then he and Maren can stop calling me ‘dear’ or not even saying anything.
I came to a closed door, opening it. The silver plate on the side had engraved letters in it ‘Missioner Carp Colloid.’ I’ve only been here a couple of times, but I already knew what was in there and what Carp used it most for.
“You’re leaving! Already!?” He said in a whinny sad voice. I nodded, putting my hands on my hips, I was about to reply back, when Carp saw what I was, a smirk grew on his lips. It reminded me of the grinch, except with less venom.
“I see….So; did you pick that out your self?” He asked. I rolled my eyes. “Let’s ignore that, or I won’t say good bye to you.” “That means if I keep talking about it you’ll stay?” He asked innocently. “No, you know what I mean!” He just smiled and hugged me. “Kay, be careful. I’ll call you.” I looked at him. “What? Is that all!?” I stuttered shocked. He nodded. “ALRIGHT!!” I did a little ‘I’m the winner’ kind of poise.


I stared out the window, shifting some; the skirt was rubbing off against my soft thighs, causing me to be uncomfortable on the plastic seat.
I wonder if Chase changed any…
*****
COMe ON PPL REVEIW NAD RATE!!
Sign up to rate and review this story