Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Brothers In Arms

Brothers In Arms

by Shank 0 reviews

The story of Sakon

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Fantasy - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2008-02-17 - Updated: 2008-02-17 - 1855 words - Complete

0Unrated
The turnout for the Main matches was quite large, they were all very eager in anticipation to watch this final fight for the matches of the Chuunin Exams. There had been some great performances, but these two fighters had been outstanding in their ninja skills. Sakon looked around as the crowd cheered and the battleground he was going to fight on. It was large and quite bare, leaving little room for hiding and stealth but pure fighting. As the referee came out onto the field, he was reminded how much he didn’t want to fight this fight. He almost would have preferred to lose rather than fight this match, but realised a ninja would have to make hard decisions sometimes and do what is needed to be done. He moved forward so that he was facing off with his opponent, who stared back at him with angry and determined eyes. The referee broke the silence, “You two already know the rules, and the final match with Sakon and Ukon…begin.”
The crowd screamed in eagerness that the match between the brothers had started and Sakon made some distance between him and his brother. He had gone through the whole exam with his brother, through the written exam and destroying anybody who came near them during the second exam. Together they were the hope for their village to reclaim some dignity and hopefully get some acknowledgement back on their shinobi, based off their performance. Those being the last two achieved this but Sakon still had to fight his brother. He didn’t like that he was fighting his brother, but he didn’t want to lose, he wanted to show that he was the better brother out of the two. He was trying to think of a way to win the fight without hurting Ukon overly much, his brother wasn’t thinking along the same lines though. Being the hasty one of the two and quite aggressive, he was already charging in at him.
Sakon got himself ready and waited till Ukon got to him. When he did, he threw a punch to get things started and not nearly enough to connect with Sakon who easily blocked it with his arms. As he held both arms out that had caught the punch he noticed Ukon swinging his leg around for a combination attack. Sakon went to move out of the way and discovered he couldn’t, his brother had used they ability they had both been born with to outsmart him. Ukon had merged his fist with both of his arms and held him there long enough for Sakon to not be able to block. Sakon could do nothing but take the kick that connected cleanly with his side section sending him flying across the battleground. The crowd cheered at how the fight was going and Sakon picked himself up off the ground. “If you take it easy on your older brother you are going to get hurt.” Sakon knew this was true, both of them had always been the best in their class back in the village at everything they did, his brother was a top class ninja, there was no way out of it other than to hurt him. Sakon hated losing to his brother and the fact he was outsmarted by the impatient one made him a little angry inside. Sakon resorted to his words for the moment, “I didn’t want to beat you too badly if I didn’t have to Ukon.” Ukon knew Sakon was trying to get into his head and didn’t say anything. Sakon readied himself and brushed a bit of blood that was running down his lip.
Ukon became sick of waiting and charged once again ready to try another attack and wear his brother down to win the fight. Sakon took out some smoke bombs in his belt and threw them to the floor, sending up a cloud of smoke you couldn’t see through. Ukon kept running and dived through the smoke coming out the other side and kept coming for Sakon. He caught up with Sakon who couldn’t dodge hits anymore, “What did I say brother? You cannot keep running from my attacks.” Ukon found an opening and swung viciously at his brother, which would have been a very critical shot if it was the real Sakon. When he saw that it was a clone of Sakon, he only had time to hear the real Sakon coming from behind him before he was hit with a gattling punch. This time it was Ukon who was sent flying and rolling across the hard dirty grounds and the crowd stood up and cheered once again at the match. Ukon couldn’t do anything but admit he was beaten by Sakon in this bout. When Sakon had thrown the smoke bomb to the floor, he had made a clone to look like he was there waiting for him. The real Sakon was in amongst the smoke and Ukon had literally passed through him to attack the fake Sakon. All that was left was for the real Sakon to wait for the right opening and execute it with a good punch that would have knocked Ukon around a bit. “Finally Sakon you are fighting me properly.”
“It would be embarrassing for me to lose to the weaker brother after all Ukon.” Ukon couldn’t see Sakon was still trying to get in his head and took it personally, “I am the stronger one!” He charged for a third time and Sakon was ready. If they were going to fight, he would have to limit the contact made and set up for a major attack. he also knew this is what Ukon would do and realised it was very frustrating fighting somebody that knew what you were going to do.
Ukon swung a punch and Sakon ducked underneath it, leaving him temporarily open to a kick or a downward punch. Ukon realised this and bought his fists down as hard as he could. He wasn’t quick enough though as Sakon had already moved to another position and jumped above Ukon’s attack with an open shot to the face, he resisted this temptation though, not because he didn’t want to but because he knew what Ukon would have done. He would have absorbed the hit and merge his face with Sakon’s foot, he wasn’t going to get that chance and had to deal with a quick and heavy punch to the face that staggered him. While he got his footing and clutched his face, Sakon didn’t stop, coming in and hitting different areas every time so Ukon couldn’t predict where he would hit and absorb the shots. He would hit every out of the way spot he could and choose the critical areas when necessary. To the untrained eye, Sakon had his brother in trouble, but Sakon couldn’t help but notice that Ukon wasn’t blocking shots that he should have, he was up to something and Sakon chose to abandon his attack and make some distance between them immediately. The crowd didn’t really know what was going on and they believed Sakon should have pursued with his attack. The examiners had appreciated what Sakon had just done, showing he had some insight and patience to keep him out of harm. Ukon smiled, “I know you too well Sakon. You had me in a bit of a spot there; I wouldn’t have stopped if I had you in the same situation.” Sakon chose not to say anything as he could possibly use that against his brother at some stage.
Sakon tried to think of something original for their fight, in something as direct as the conditions they were in. Fights like this in the open cam down to a lot of ability and luck. They were both trying to figure out a way past the others defences and they were more often than not thinking the same thing. Right then Sakon had a weird feeling run through him, it wasn’t anything to do with his fight, it was like an evil going through him. He felt angry and bloodthirsty. He wanted to know what it was but didn’t really have the time to find out so he done his best to ignore it and keep concentrating on the fight. He had an idea, he wasn’t sure if it would work but he really didn’t have another option, if this didn’t come off, it would come down to pure fighting and endurance. “What are you up to brother?” Ukon said from across the battleground.
“It ends here, the last fight between brother and brother.” This time it was Sakon who would charge at his brother to fight. Ukon began running too meet him for the final round. It was very quick, with blocking and dodging, neither ninja could risk connecting unless they were sure it would be a critical shot. Ukon got rather impatient at this which Sakon was counting on and he put everything into his attack, punching in all directions to take Sakon off guard. Ukon’s impatience got the better of him though and he swung an unnecessary kick, missing and leaving his torso wide open. This was Sakon’s chance; he aimed his fist straight at the open area and punched Ukon in the gut. Ukon couldn’t block it and had to rely on absorbing the shot to not take any damage. This is what Sakon had wanted and he reached his whole arm through his brother until it came out of his back and grabbed a kunai from his brother’s belt. To finish off the attack, he ripped his arm back through his brother, bringing the kunai with him and slicing up his brother on the inside as it came through. A cry of pain echoed through the stadium and Ukon dropped to the floor clutching his stomach from the pain that felt like he had swallowed a thousand needles. The referee declared Sakon the winner of the fight and Ukon’s cries were drowned out by the crowd’s cheers for Sakon and his efforts to win.
Sakon immediately tried to help his brother out who was in a lot of pain and saw the look on Ukon’s face. If he hadn’t been in so much pain, he would have kept going in the fight and refused help from his brother. The agony he was in though left him no other option for his brother to pick him up off the ground and carry him to the medics and out of the stadium. He was asked to stand there for a short while and thank the crowd for the support and applause they were giving him. Sakon had loved fighting, he even loved to hurt people, but his brother who he had always fought with took away from his win. He believed he would be a Chuunin for sure when this was over.
Sign up to rate and review this story