Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Brothers In Arms

Whats done, isnt done

by Shank 0 reviews

After Sakon and Ukon fought, they are travelling back to their village. But are they ok after fighting in the exam?

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Fantasy - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2008-02-18 - Updated: 2008-02-18 - 1181 words - Complete

0Unrated
Sakon had not left his brothers side in the few days he had been admitted to the hospital, he was getting some very good treatment and from the anaesthetics he was asleep most of the time. It was very boring and many of the spectators from his fight had snuck into the wards to congratulate him on a great fight, which brightened him up but he was glad his brother wasn’t awake for it. He would have preferred not to fight his brother but was happy that he did, they had always been compared and they had never had their chance to go head to head, but when it was all said and done Sakon felt he was the smarter shinobi. He was able to prove himself as a ninja and somebody that was prepared to do what was necessary when needed. His mum and dad would be proud of both of them when they went home, they would have hated to watch them fight though, as they had always been teaming up on other ninjas rather than fighting themselves. Sakon and Ukon were not overly close to their parents anyway, they had each other and that was all that mattered. He sat down in the chair provided for him and was just drifting off to sleep when he was woken up by some people, “How is your brother doing?”
“He’ll be ok, what are you doing here?” It was three ninjas with some notepads, they looked rather important. “We were the examiners from your Main event matches. We must say we were impressed with both of your efforts.” Sakon wished his brother could have been awake to hear that and kept his attention on the examiners. “We came here to say that we have our judgement on you and your brother’s outcome.” Sakon didn’t say anything in anticipation, “You and your brother were the only two to pass the Chuunin exam, congratulations, and we are also going to formally thank you and your brother to your village and recommend you for a Jounin selection in a few years.”
This was great news for Sakon, but he didn’t let himself look too happy, he actually believed it to be appropriate for somebody with his skills. He watched as the examiners walked out of the room and left him alone, Sakon wanted to have a big smile on his face, but he kept it to a small turn on his lips. He tried to get back to sleep and was woken up by his brother, “What has been going on?”
“We both passed the test and they are going to tell everyone back home that we should be future Jounins. Our village is going to love us after this.” He looked at his brother waiting for him to look happy, but it didn’t come. Ukon didn’t say anything and e had a look of disappointment on his face. He was definitely hurt in his confidence and pride after being beaten by his brother. “I never would have thought of that in a fight.” Ukon said.
“Just forget it, the fight is over now.”
“It seems I underestimated you. I didn’t think you would get over me being your brother and fight the match as a ninja should.”
“I did what I had to.” Ukon nodded and even had a faint smile. He was almost recovered and they were both leaving the following morning to go back to their village and celebrate before starting their days as a Chuunin ninja. It didn’t take long before Sakon as well drifted off to sleep.

Once the next morning arrived, they were farewelled from the hospital and the hosting village for the Chuunin exams. Everything seemed fine and Ukon hadn’t said anything about their fight and was talking normally with his brother as they made their way towards their village. Sakon was doing his best to avoid talking about the exams at all and Ukon wasn’t too keen on it as a subject either, it was all fine until a while into their travels they saw some men up on the road ahead of them. They appeared normal to the untrained eye, but Sakon and Ukon suspected them of something, whether they were black market dealers or drug smugglers, they were definitely up to something. They were quite large and seemed like they were going to stick to themselves. There was nobody else around and when the brothers got close enough, the strangers suddenly drew swords from their belts and aimed them at Sakon and Ukon, “You two give us all your money and we won’t kill you.” They were bandits after all, Sakon and Ukon looked at each other as if to say, ‘you got to be kidding me’.
“This will be a fatal mistake on your behalf bandits,” Ukon said ready for another fight as he usually was. One of the bandits charged at Ukon with his sword drawn and aimed at his stomach, but was nowhere quick enough to take down Ukon with such a basic attack. Ukon easily dodged the sword and got in close to the bandit with a kunai. Sakon could keep up with the speed his brother moved at and he was turning and slicing and left the bandit on the floor in a bloody mess. One of the other bandits decided to try and kill Sakon as he watched his brother fight, but wasn’t going to work out well for him. Sakon put both his hands out and grabbed the bandits as he was holding the sword, he meshed their arms together and the bandit could no longer move his arms. “As I said, very fatal mistake on your behalf,” mocked Sakon as Ukon had a free and open shot to kill the bandit in one blow.
Sakon was very pleased with both of their efforts on these bandits and that these men would pay for underestimating both of them. he turned to his brother who was also smiling but saw the bandit he had originally dealt with wasn’t quite dead and standing up behind up with his sword ready to kill. Sakon charged past Ukon and finished off the remaining bandit with a huge gattling punch. The threat had been killed and they could continue on their way. When he turned around to his brother, Ukon didn’t look very happy at all, “What the hell was that Sakon?”
“He was going to kill you.”
“You think I need your help?”
“No I don’t but…”
“You beat me ok you beat me but I don’t need you jumping in for me every time we get into a fight.” After all the effort Sakon had put into not bringing up the match, it still got raised. It had confirmed Ukon was still very upset from their fight in the exams and he decided for the rest of the trip back to their village, he wouldn’t say anything, not a single word.
Sign up to rate and review this story