Categories > Movies > Newsies > Big New York Dream

My Uncle Joe

by lyssaleigh 0 reviews

Category: Newsies - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2008-02-20 - Updated: 2008-02-21 - 627 words - Complete

0Unrated
"Where have you been? You are 10mins late! Your dinner is getting cold! Eat!" my uncle told me sternly as i walked into the dinning room with my dress still mangled from the fall. "What happened to your dress?! My, my go wash up then come back to eat." I did what i was told and went to wash up. "Now, tell me about your first day in New York." he stated as I promptly walked through the door and took my seat next to near the head of the table.

"Well, i was just walking around and the sites are so beautiful so i have to see alot more tomorrow. I met a friend and he is takin me to see more sites." I told Uncle, he seemed to be very interested in my life. Unlike my father.

"Good, good. Have you written any more poetry?"

"Oh yes Uncle. Would you like to see after dinner?" My Uncle is my big support in my poetry. My father could careless he just likes my staight As.

"Now you know what my answer will be. And just this summer i think you deserve a poetry section in The World."

"Really Uncle Joe?" i was so exicted!

"Yes of course. Now why dont you run up to room and retrieve those poems while I ask Susan to bring dessert in the study." Uncle Joe told me when i finished my mashed patatoes. He need not tell me twice and i was up and back before Uncle was there.

"This is really unique Rose. I love it" Uncle told me about my rainbow poem. "This is the first peice in the weekly poetry section starting Saturday dear."

"Oh thank you Uncle!" and i gave him a hug. Also, i told him he could continue looking but i need to be heading to bed for my big day with Dave. I wonder what he is thinking about this time. Is it me or nah i want it to be me!

"Oh Martha!" I stopped my servent in the hall. "Could you get me up at 7 and have breakfeast ready. I am going to be leaving with this really nice boy. He is taking me to see the sites of New York. Its a date!"

"Good for you child! And i will tell Fred when i go down to get your milk and cookies." she responed. Martha is the sweetest old lady ever! With her curly white hair and her peircing green eyes. She's like another grandma.

"Oh thank you but i am talking a bath tonight. so i guess come up around 9."

"That is possible sweetie." I smiled and went to gather my night gown and headed for a nice warm bath.

I heard a knock around nine-o-clock at my door. It was Martha with my deliciouse homade cookies and milk. I thanked her and read till 9:30 then i went off to dream.

The next morning i was woken by a light tap at 6:30 and by 7 i was fully awake walking down the stairs to the dinning room. On Uncle Joe's way out i gave him a hug and a kiss goodbye. Then went to eat breakfast.

At my seat there were french toast, bacon, bagel, and apple juice. Mmmm was it delicious.

"Thank you Fred for the wonderful breakfast!" I called in to the kitchen on my way up to my room.

"My pleasure Miss Rose." I love it here, maybe i can convince daddy to let me go to school here. I doubt it.

In a 15mins i was ready to go with 15mins to spare. I read till i lost track of time and Mary and to come and retrieve me from my room and i was off.
Sign up to rate and review this story