Categories > Movies > Newsies > Big New York Dream

Let the Truth Be Told

by lyssaleigh 0 reviews

Category: Newsies - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2008-02-21 - Updated: 2008-02-21 - 730 words - Complete

0Unrated
"Oh my god! Davey are you ok?" I rushed to his side but he didn't respond just collapsed in my arms.

"Does he look alright, Rose?" my father told me being sarcastic. "Someone call the doctor!" It was a good thing he lived near by and was able to arrive quickly.

"Davey can you at least tell me you done this to you?" he mouthed. 'Brooklyn.' I gasped. "Spot!" The doctor had just arrived when I was running out the door towards Brooklyn.

"Ah! I'm sorry!" I told the slouching someone, who I had run into to. It was Oscar.

"What's the hurry Rose?" Eh, should I tell him or not?

"It's Davey! He's badly beaten and said Brooklyn done it."

"And lemme guess your on your way over now?" I nodded. "I'll come! Better yet we'll ride." Ride? Ride what? Oh geez a horse. I was a little uneasy and he noticed. "Ever ridden a horse before?" I shook my head no. "Well, here just climb on it and sit sideways since yous wearing a dress." I did just that while he straddled the horse. He put one hand around my waist and the other on the reigns. "Giddy up." The horse sped off and I found myself clinging to Oscar. I don't think he minded.

When we arrived, he helped me off the horse and I went to find Spot. He was in his usual spot on the pier.

"Spot!" I bellowed out for him.

"Rosie?" he asked confusingly as he came down and kissed my cheek.

"What happened Spot?"

"Whaddya mean?"

"Don't play games with me. Davey was badly beaten and he said Brooklyn did it!" He didn't respond right away. Thinking about what I said.

"Ise sorry Rose." He looked away from my gaze but continued. "He came here suspecting that youse was seein me. I told him so what if she was. Then hes punched me. And me boys jumped him. Ise sorry."

"Ouch." Oscar said behind me.

"Delancy what you doin here?" and Spot pulled me close to him. Soon the amount of Brooklyn Newsies surrounding us doubled when the name was spoken.

"Its ok Spot, he's with me."

"You?"

"Yea he rode me over here." Spot just eyed him up. "Well, good-bye Spot. Write once in a while will you?" I told before I gave him a hug for the second time that day. Although I should have known he wasn't going let me leave witho a kiss. I said good-bye to the Brooklyn Newsies and we got on the horse and headed back to my house.

"How many boys hearts have you broken this summer?" he asked me, which wasn't the appropriate thing to say. But I sat in thought thinking then blurted out.

"RACE!" I slapped my forehead. "I owe Racetrack a date. We need to find him." We rode through the streets and found ourselves by the tracks and sure enough there he was.

"Race!" I caught his attention.

"Rosie?" he asked very confused. I hugged him. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm sorry Race, I got caught up with Davey and the sites and everything! I'm so sorry please go to Tibby's with me tonight?"

"Youse asking me on a date?" Its what it sounded like, so I just nodded.

"A friendly date." I smiled and added. "See you there at 3!" I returned to the horse and he winked good-bye.

"Oscar, take me home." I smiled warmly at him.

~*~

"Father? How is Dave?" I cautiously walked into the living.

"He'll be fine, Rose. Go visit him in the guest room." My face lit up and Father smiled at me. I knocked on the door quietly and heard his voice call to come in. I slowly opened the creaking door to reveal the love of my life. Who was all bandaged up but still look adorable. He smiled at me as I entered the room which made giddy. I raced over and gave him a big hug and kiss.

"Where've you been?"

"Out, I can't stand doctors and the sight of blood. I'm sorry."

"No, no its ok. But I'm sorry. The doctor said that I have to rest today to be well for the ride tomorrow."

"Of course, its ok. I understand and besides I have the show tonight with my father. For now though let's play cards!"
Sign up to rate and review this story