Categories > Movies > Newsies > Big New York Dream

Out with Father

by lyssaleigh 0 reviews

Category: Newsies - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2008-02-21 - Updated: 2008-02-21 - 908 words - Complete

0Unrated
After I beat Dave's butt three times at match, Martha came to say that he needed a rest. Fine by me I had my date with Race soon- I think.

"Martha, what time is?"

"Two-thirty, dear." She tucked him in.

"I am going to meet Race at Tibby's you rest my dear."I softly gave him a kiss on the cheek. Then left to freshin up and tell Martha.

I arrived five minutes eary only to notice he was already there.

"Hey!" I greeted him and gave him a hug.

"Hello" he stated. "How are you?"

"Great and yourself."

"Ah the same old. Just getting by." I nodded.

"You know today's my last night here."

"No? It can't be." he sounded dissappointed.

"Don't worry I'll be back next summer. and Father said we might come up for Christmas." I reassured him.

"Thats to long."

"Only five months!" I smiled softly and grabbed his hand sitting on the table. "I'm going to miss you Race."

"Me too." We leaned in for a kiss but I quickly backed away and placed my hand on my lap.

"Sorry."

"Its ok." Nothing was mentioned about that, we just laughed and giggled like old friends. I felt so good.

Five-o-clock I strolled into the door full of smiles and headed upstairs to change.

"You ready Rose?" bellowed my father thirty minutes later. I carefully descended down the stairs. "You look radient my dear." he told me.

"You truelly are beautiful Rose." It was Dave! My Davey! I ran over to him and gave him a humungous hug.

"Thank you."

"Let him breath." Uncle Joe chuckled from the side. He kissed me on the forehead. "Now you're not going anywhere without a picture!" Uncle went to his closet and brought out his camera. "Say Cheese!"

"Cheese!" My father and I said. Glad we got that Kodax moment on camera.

"See you later Dave!" I hugged him goodbye.

"Have fun Rose." Susan stated. We said the rest of goodbys and left for the awaiting carriage outside.

My Father forgot to inform me that the show invovled A LOT of tap dancing and cute guys! So of course I loved it! After the wonderful musical there was a raffle to win a tap lesson on stage.

"Can we enter father?"

"No I don't think so dear."

"Ah why not?" I agrued back.

"Because we wont be here and you already take lessons back home."

"Ture. But I can tell the girls I danced on Broadway." We descended down the stairs and father bumped an old friend. They talked and I was introduced. Guess what he was the owner of....the theater! He let me try on someone's tap shoes and dance on stage! It was such an awesome experience wait till I tell Dave.

"You know John, she has a good future on Broadway. Her stage presence is natural." The man told my father. I beamed with delight.

"I am sure she is but right now she needs to concentrate on her studies."

"Yes, I agree but maybe as hobbie or a summer job. Next year I think it'll more energetic than this." My eyes lit up.

"We'll have to talk about it. Good day Mr. Turner and I will let you know. He said good-bye and we made our way outside to the crowded streets.

"Lets walk and talk." he proposed. What about the carraige though? I decided not to ask for I said too much already. "Rose do you know where we are?" I looked around to notice trees, flowers ah look there's a pond! I know where we are!

"Yes, Central Park." I smiled as I responded.

"Very good." Just then my faither and I lunged into a conversation. We laughed and cried as we walked and talked. I felt so good to be able to talk to him like this. I noticed the carriage was parked on the other side of the park and we had reached our destination.

"Thank you father for a wonderful night." I told him as I got up in the carriage.

"You are quite welcome Rose, besides I think it was overdue." How true was that Father, how true was that. I leaned my head on his strong shoulder and fell fast asleep. He ended up carrying me up the stairs to my bedroom. Susan came in and took off my dress and put my night gown on. Then Father returned to tuck me in. It was a good night.

Flying? I can't be flying! Oh look there's Race. Hey don't fall. Race! Come back. Oscar? Don't you fall too! Peachy! Spot! He'll know what's going on and why I am flying and these boys are flying. No wait! Spot not you too! Jack! Help me please! AAHHH Someone help. I don't want to fall! Don't want to fall! Davey? Thank you for catching me. Oh no!

I bolted up in my bed and ran to the guest room.

"Davey?" I shook him.

"Rose?" He slowly turned over to face me. "What is it?" Then his eys opened and he sat up in bed.

"I had horrible dream about you."

"Shh its ok." he motioned for me to come near him. Tremblie I climbed into bed and told him the whole story. I finished up and realized I sleepy so I layed my head down and with Davey's arms wrapped around me I slipped into dream land.
Sign up to rate and review this story